- Written by PolicyBazaar
- Views: 20
- Published: 24 June 2014
ICICI Lombard is the largest private general insurance companies in India. ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is a joint venture company formed between the ICICI Bank, one of India's largest and most successful private financial services company and Fairfax Financial Holdings, a leading international financial services group headquartered in Canada. ICICI Bank holds 74% and Fairfax Financial Holdings. having 26% of the stake of the joint venture as per the government rules. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, is one of Canada's oldest property and casualty insurers.
Established on October 30, 2000, the ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company commenced general insurance business after obtaining the regulatory approval on August 3, 2001 from Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA). Since then, the company has launched a variety of insurance products along with a host of innovative and easily accessible services for its customers. For instance, it became one of the earliest companies to adopt online policy selling which has evolved to include numerous options and convenient methods of policy comparison and payment.
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd. offers a multitude of insurance products such as health insurance, travel insurance, motor insurance, home insurance and student medical insurance. The company endeavours to provide its customers with products that suit their exact requirements and hence have numerous options and variations with each kind of insurance. The benefits and features with each product have been designed carefully to offer the ideal coverage desired by customers.
The following awards and recognition have been bagged by ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company:
- "Skoch Financial Inclusion Award-2011" in the micro finance category.
- The company has received Frost & Sullivans 2011 Voice of Customer Choice Award for Overall Best Vehicle Insurance Company.
- It also received the "Golden Peacock Innovation Award-2010" for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
- The Customer and Brand Loyalty award in the ‘Insurance Sector - Non-Life’ at the 3rd Loyalty Awards, 2010
- Awarded the ‘General Insurance Company of the Year’ at the 11th Asia Insurance Industry Awards
- Won the NDTV Profit Business Leadership Award 2007
- Adjudged as the most Customer Responsive Company in the Insurance category at the Economic Times
ICICI Lombard General Insurance - Product Portfolio
Health Insurance plans help to protect your family against financial emergencies caused by sudden critical illnessor hospitalization and they also aim to complement and supplement your existing coverage.
- Health Advantage Plus
- Critical care
- Family Protect Premier
- Personal Protect
- Health Care Plus
Car insurance plans help you to escape from expenses on your car or any other vehicle due to any calamity.
- ICICI Lombard Car Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Two Wheeler Insurance
ICICI Lombard plans give you the benefit of traveling with confidence either abroad or domestic thereby ensuring you a complete hassle free travel with peace of mind.
- Overseas Travel Insurance
- Overseas Student Travel Insurance
- Multi-trip travel insurance plan
- Salt and Pepper Travel Insurance Plan for Senior citizens
ICICI Lombard Plans help to safeguard your home and its contents in case of an ill fated event such as natural calamities and man-made disasters.
- ICICI Lombard Home Insurance Plan
It is advisable to compare all ICICI Lombard General insurance plans from other General insurance companies in India to choose the best insurance plan that suits you the most.
ICICI Lombard Distribution Network:
ICICI bank has about 2000 branches in its network including its 1,100 micro-offices. As on June 30, 2011 ICICI Lombard General Insurance has a network of approximately 315 branches. ICICI Lombard issues instant policy and renewals through its website for retail insurance products such as Car Insurance, Two Wheeler Insurance, Travel Insurance, Health Insurance and Home Insurance. Their online products are available through their websites directly.