- Written by PolicyBazaar
- Views: 1465
- Published: 27 June 2014
Star Health & Allied Insurance Company is India’s trusted specialist health insurance company. It is India's first stand-alone Health Insurance Company in India and deals in Personal Accident, Overseas Travel Insurance and Mediclaim.
The promoters of the company are Oman Insurance Company, UAE, Leading NRIs, Indian Business Houses, ICICI Ventures, Sequoia Capital and Tata Capital. The Indian promoters own 74.24% stakes of the company while foreign promoters hold the remaining 25.76%.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Company Limited (Star Health) has started its operations in the year 2006 and now has a capital base of Rs.549 crores. V Jagannathan is the Chairman and Managing Director of Star Health & Allied Insurance Company.
It is the first insurance company to launch a specialty policy for people suffering from cardiac ailments. It has been adjudged the winner at the BFSI Leadership Summit Award under the nomination category 'Best Claim Settlement process' in 2015. In 2014, the company has been adjudged the winner of "Most Promising Health Insurance company of 2014" award instituted by Worldwide Achievers.
Star Health Insurance - Product Portfolio
Star health is a pioneering brand in health insurance. The array of products that it has put up in market is truly, promising. Innovative and customized products is their key strength.
- Star Care Insurance Policy
- Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy
- Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
- Mediclassic Insurance Policy (Individual)
- Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
- Super Surplus Insurance Policy
- Star Health Gain Insurance Policy
- Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy
- Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
- Star Unique Health Insurance Policy
- Star Wedding Gift Insurance
- Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy
- Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
- Star Netplus
Travel abroad is fun but comes with its share of hazards. Some common things that happen during travelling are loss of passport, baggage theft or in worst case scenario your health takes a beating. Imagine being stranded in a foreign country and no one to fall back on! It certainly makes your situation messy and adds to the woes. That’s why buying a Star Health Travel Insurance plan is a good idea before travelling abroad, let the policy worry about these situations as you embark on your dream vacation.
Star Health plans give you the benefit of traveling with confidence either abroad or domestic thereby ensuring you a complete hassle free travel with peace of mind.
- Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy
- Star Family Travel Protect Insurance Policy
- Star Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy
- Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance Policy
A personal accident policy is essential for us to have. It gives us an all-round comprehensive cover in case of death or disability. It ensures that no matter what, you or your family will not be stranded and your financial capability shall not be compromised.
It is advisable to compare all Star Health insurance plans from other General insurance companies in India to choose the best health insurance plan that suits you the most.
Star Health Distribution Network:
Star Health & Allied Insurance Company provides for its customers easy channels of access to its products through its 24x7 call center and a transactional website.
- A Quick Glance Over Modi's 3 Social Secutity Schemes
- Nitty Gritty of Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme
- 5 Factors To Consider Before Buying Travel Insurance