Personal Accident Insurance
Personal Accident Insurance refers to an insurance which offers compensation in case of death, bodily injuries, total/ partial disability or mutilation resulting from an accident caused by violent, visible and external means. The types of events that are covered under accidental insurance are rail, road and air accident, injury due to collision or fall, burn injury and drowning etc. Accident insurance can protect your family and yourself from the financial concerns such as loss of income and medical expenses that unforeseen accidents lead to.
Benefits and Coverage
|Benefits ||Coverage |
- No requirement of medical tests and documentation
- Substantial cover for lower premium
- Worldwide coverage
- Can be bought by individual or by family
- Easy and certified claim process
- 24x7 support service
- Legal and Funeral expenses
- Child education benefit
- Double indemnity for death/ disability while traveling in public transport
- Accidental Death: It indicates death of the policyholder in an accident. The Sum Assured under this plan is payable if death occurs from an accident.
- Accidental Disability: It indicates that the policyholder is disabled from work, either partially or wholly.
- Accidental Dismemberment: It indicates that a part of the policyholder’s body has been severed or dismembered. It means, if the policyholder loses his hand or leg or eyes in an accident, then he would be eligible to get a claim under Accidental Dismemberment.
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses incurred during the treatment of accidental injuries.
Inclusions and Exclusions
|Inclusions ||Exclusions |
- Accidental death
- Permanent total/ partial disability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Medical expenses/ hospitalization charges
- Child education support
- Life support benefit
- Burns, broken bones and Ambulance
- Daily allowance
- Pre-existing disability or injury
- Child birth or pregnancy
- Suicide or self injuries or under non-allopathic treatments
- Influence of intoxicants
- Committing a criminal act, or being involved in war activities
- Suffering from mental disorder
- Participating in naval, military, air force, adventurous or sports activities
Accidental Insurance Policies:
This policy can cover various aspects of insurance. Below policies are the best personal accident insurance in India and their coverage too:
This policy covers an individual in the event of any accident.
Group policy is not for individuals. Taken by employers and has flexibility to include or discount certain factors/ coverage from the policy. Depending on group size, discount on premium might be offered as well. It is a good incentive/ value add benefit for small organizations as it isn’t high on cost.
Claim Process :
In case of a claim one needs to inform the insurer about the event within the time frame specified by the company. You might be provided with a claim reference number. The following information is required to be submitted to the insurer when intimating your claim-
- Your contact numbers
- Policy number
- Date and time of accident
- Name and contact details of insured person who is injured
- Location of loss
- Brief description on how the accident/ loss took place with its extent and location details
- Extent of loss
In case of death/ disability claim, the documents required include- certificate for the same, admission/discharge summary, lab and doctor’s report are the basic documents required for claim settlement.
Compare personal accident insurance policies to get best accident insurance in India. Beyond directing you to the best insurance policies available, Policybazaar.com additionally facilitates the further steps you need to take in order to buy the plan chosen.
You may also know about: