IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Plans
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Plans By IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance is joint venture between IFFCO (The Indian Farmers Co-operative), Tokio Marine and Nichido Fire Group. It was incorporated on 4th December 2000.
Life is full of uncertainty and the only way to come out of any such untoward event is being prepared for it. This implies not only for our personal life but for all our valuable possessions such our Car or Bike, we use for daily commuting. IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Plans has been premeditated to cater the need of those who plan well ahead for any calamity related to their four wheeler. Correspondingly to its various other plans, IFFCO Tokio ensures all the assortment of misfortune events are well covered under its Car Insurance Plan. This includes coverage for any legal liabilities following death, injury or property damage of third parties, arising out of your vehicle use.
The Key Features of IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Plan are
- Online Car Insurance Plan to meet the expectation of those who wants the protection of their valuable asset without sparing much of time from their busy schedule.
- Complete peace of mind for its customer covering all possible aspects of any calamity such as from act of God, physical damage, theft etc.
- Online enrollment, renewal and a host of other features.
- Instant Digitally signed Plan document availed through IFFCO Tokio offices, POS centers, or for online purchases.
- Hassle free processing and simple documentation.
- Doorstep service for new enrollment or renewal cases, including arrangements for free inspection, in respect of break in insurance cases.
- A vast network of 2,000 network garages/workshops to provide tranquil claim settlement.
- Well trained in-house Surveyors to ensure that every claim is being attended within the least expected time frame
- Usage of online e-survey claims module by both in-house and external Surveyors, for lowest TAT in claim settlement.
- Pan India help desk for 24x7 assistance relating to claims.
- A multitude of emergency assistance services can be availed through IFFCO Tokio ’On Road Protector Coverage’ at a nominal extra premium, along with this Plan.
- Unique bouquet of additional benefits available through IFFCO Tokio ‘Value Auto Coverage’ at a small extra premium, along with this Plan
Scope of Cover Under IFFCO TOKIO Car Insurance Plan
The plan is offered in two different variants
The Liability Only Plan – This has been deliberated to meet the requirements as per mandatory clauses of Motor Vehicles Act. This plan covers two most critical aspects of the motor vehicle’s act.
- Personal accident cover: The driver-owner is duly covered under the personal accident cover of Rs. 2 lakh while traveling in, mounting or dismounting from the vehicle.
- Third party legal liability: A protection cover for an amount up to Rs 750,000, against legal liability arising due to accidental damages or any permanent injury/ death of a person and/or any damage caused to the property.
The Package Plan – This is a all-inclusive coverage plan to ensure protection from all possible catastrophe in future. This plan covers the below mentioned sphere in insurance
- In the event of any loss or damage caused to the vehicle due to the natural and manmade calamities.
- To define Natural Calamities events such as Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide, rockslide are included in the plan
- Any loss of damage done due to events such as Burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, accident by external means, any damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air , are defined as manmade calamities.
- Personal accident cover: A personal accident cover of Rs. 2 lakh is provided for individual owner driver of the vehicle insured while traveling in, mounting or dismounting from the vehicle. the cover is for death and any kind of permanent disability
- Third party legal liability: The Liability Only Plan offers extensive protection against legal liability arising due to accidental damages, any permanent injury/ death of a person and/or any damage caused to the property for an amount up to Rs 750,000.
- Reimbursement of expenses up to Rs.1, 500 following an accident to the insured vehicle, for protection, removal/towing and redelivery of the car.
- Other Important extension covers are also available basis additional premium amount .
- Loss/damage to electrical/non-electrical accessories and to CNG/LPG fuel kit.
- Personal Accident Cover for unnamed passengers.
- Wider legal liability Cover for driver/conductor.
- Participation in rallies by the insured vehicle.
Additional Personal Accident covers are available under Private Car policies
- PA to the Owner Driver
- PA to the Paid driver
- PA to the Unnamed occupants
- PA to the Named occupants
IFFCO Tokio No Claim Bonus (NCB)
For those customers who haven’t made any claim in the previous year, IFFCO Tokio recompense such cases through its No Claim Bonus in various plans.
- Can be accumulated over a period of time
- Ranges from minimum 20% up to maximum 50%
- For any claim once done, The no claim bonus become null & void.
- The Validity is 90 days from the date of Expiry of the plan
- For cases where existing vehicle is sold and a new car is purchased NCB can be utilized within 3 years
- NCB recovery to be done in case of a Name Transfer
- NCB gets transferred to the legal heir in case of Death of customer
- NCB can be transferred to the New vehicle in case of Substitution of vehicle of the same class
- NCB earned abroad can be given in India
Exclusion under the IFFCO TOKIO Car Insurance Policy
No compensation or reimbursement of expenses shall be paid if the loss or damage is due to the following events.
- In the event of any loss or damage or liability which has happened beyond the geographic area as defined in the plan documents
- The claims which are due to direct or indirect result of any kind of contractual accord or any usage of vehicle other than agreed or defined shall not be accepted under the plan benefit.
- Any accident which has involved a third person in the capacity of driver other than the mentioned driver in plan enrollment form , will not be a valid loss for claim
- No claims shall be paid for any accident occurred due to direct or consequential result under the influence of intoxicating liquor/drugs.
- In case the vehicle is being driven without a valid license holder, no claims will be included in the plan benefit.
- Any loss or damage due to any War and nuclear perils.
- No separate claim shall be reimbursed for any Damage to tyres/tubes unless insured vehicle is also damaged in the same incident. The maximum reimbursement could be up to 50% of replacement cost will be paid.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown, depreciation, wear and tear.
Value add plans by IFFCO Tokio:
IIFCO Tokio’s 24 x 7 on Road Assistance
This plan is a value adds service to those who have enrolled under Iffco Tokio’s Private Car Comprehensive Plan Purchased Online. This service not only bring a stillness in the day to day busy schedule of a customer but also lend a hand in cases of immobilization of the vehicle during travel or at home/work.
The features of this plan are
- Arrangement of safe towing of vehicle post any accident to the nearest authorized dealer or workshop within a radius of 100 km from the nearest IFFCO-Tokio branch city centre.
- In the event of any technical glitch or electrical breakdown and the same can be repaired either at customer’s office, home or at the roadside, this plan offers assistance by sending qualified technician at the site of incident and repair the covered vehicle. The services would cover , however not limited to
- Dead battery
- Spare Key pick-up & Delivery (in case of locked keys)
- Flat Tyre Services
- Other minor mechanical and electrical repairs at roadside
- For cases where the vehicle has run out of fuel , necessary arrangement for refueling up to 5 liters can be made. Customer may avail this facility only twice in the total term of plan.
- In the event where customer is stranded in any remote location, apart from safe towing, arrangements for taxi shall be made on request basis under this plan.
- Hotel accommodation can be made on request in case the covered vehicle is immobilized. The hotel bill shall be paid by the customer.
- Services of Medical Co-ordination are available under this plan wherein IFFCO TOKIO will co-ordinate for Medical assistance or information and provide information. All cost to be paid by the customer.
- In any unexpected event where the Insured's car is immobilized and the customer wish to contact his family or friends urgently, IFFCO Tokio on customers request will arrange a conference call for him on the number shared by him/her on the phone carried by our technician.
Exclusions under the Road Assistance plan by IFFCO TOKIO Company
- The above mentioned benefits are available only for customers who have enrolled online to the car insurance plans. All the terms and conditions under the plans , shall be solely and shall be at complete discretion of IFFCO TOKIO General Insurance Co. Ltd.
Value Auto Coverage policy by IFFCO Car Insurance
A host of distinctive supplementary benefits is offered to customers who are already availing Iffco Tokio’s Motor Package Plan.
The key features are
- 12 benefit plans to choose from depending on the coverage applicants needs. Applicants may choose any 3 plans as per their requirement.
- The premium computation is done separately for each Section and the minimum premium for this coverage is Rs. 1,500 plus S.T. for private cars.
- The flexibility to choose the maximum limit at the time of enrolling the plan.
- Waiver offered on depreciation value for partial loss claims under the traditional motor insurance plan.
- Reimbursement of difference amount between current ex-showroom price and IDV of the vehicle as mentioned in the Motor Package insurance plan for cases of complete loss claims.
- Daily travelling allowance for a period till the settlement / claim is done
- Additional cover on loss of personal belongings, either are damaged or stolen from the locked vehicle.
- In cases to any eventuality with the occupant of the vehicle including driver but excluding any paid passengers
- Enhanced personal accident cover as compared to the traditional motor insurance plan.
- Add on coverage , over and above Rs. 750,000 limit, as per the basic Motor Plan on the third party property damage liability cover .
- Expenses incurred towards the removal and storage of the vehicle which are not repairable at spot and removal of debris or wreckage.
Other Important Terms & Conditions in IFFCO-Tokio Motor Insurance Plans.
- In case of change in ownership, a fresh application should be submitted within 14 days of such change by the transferee, along with required documents and payment of fees/additional premium for the continuation of plan.
- For expenses towards the replacement of spare parts , the depreciation shall be taken into count .Apart from this the amount of claim shall be derived post consideration of vehicle age and category of parts. Claims of this nature are also subject to a Compulsory Excess/Deductible, which depends on the c.c. of the vehicle.
- Insured’s Declared Value (IDV) shall be derived post deduction of depreciation value ( based on the vehicle age) from the actual price as quoted by the basis manufacturer’s listed selling price and inclusive of all accessories and parts.
- Any further change in the plan post commencement of the plan shall have to be evidenced vide a written agreement referred as endorsement.
- The plan is endowed to the vehicle rather the owner of the same. Hence in cases where the original applicant is selling of his vehicle to a third party, the Insurance also has to be transferred in the name of the buyer within 14 days from the date of transfer of the vehicle in his name.
Other Value Added services by IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
An amalgamation of various online services such as
- Online Enrollment for various Plans instantly.
- Renewal of existing IFFCO Tokio Motor Insurance plan,
- Renewal of Motor Insurance Plan with IFFCO Tokio which is currently with other Insurance Company,
- In less than a minute you can purchase a Comprehensive Motor Insurance Plan for your branch new vehicle at competitive prices, click below
- Premium Payment
- Garage Locator
- Branch Locator
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance - FAQs
1. How to pay a premium? What are the modes of payment available?
The IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company offers 4 modes of premium payment namely:
- Cash/ checque payment at the branch
- Online Payment
- Mobile portal with the help of Android and iOS
- By Post
For the online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via;
- Credit Card,
- Debit Card
- Net banking
2. How can I check policy status for IFFCO Tokio car insurance?
You can inquire from Toll free: 1800-103-1499 to know more. Please keep your policy details handy.
3. What is the policy renewal process for IFFCO Tokio car insurance?
You can pay your renewal premium in 3 easy steps online, if you are a registered user:
Step1: Enter your Policy details to login into e-portal
Step2: Select the payment option Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking to pay
Step3: Save or print the premium deposit receipt
Alteranatively, you can renew via sms. Please SMS RENEW to 575758
Walk into nearest branch to depost cash/cheque.
Call Toll free: 1800-103-1499 to know more
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim for IFFCO Tokio car insurance?
You can register the claim in the following steps
Step 1: Intimate IFFCO-Tokio through the toll number - 1800 103 5499 immediately on admission (not later than 7 days from the date of discharge). Please quote your Policy Certificate Number while intimating the claim.
Step 2: Avail treatment and settle all the bills with the hospital and then file a claim for reimbursement.
Step 3: Download the relevant claim form from our website request for one through our call centre.
Step 4: Submit Claim documents to your nearest branch
5. What is the policy cancellation process for IFFCO Tokio car insurance?
You can visit the nearest branch with your policy documents to surrender. The refund will be dierctl credited into your bank and intimated to you by an SMS.
- Bajaj Allianz Car Plans
- Bharti AXA Car Plan
- Cholamandalam Car Insurance Plan
- Future Generali Car Insurance Plan
- HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Plan
- ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Plans
- L&T Car Plans
- Liberty Videocon Car Insurance
- Magma HDI Car Insurance
- National Insurance Car Insurance
- New India Assurance Car Insurance
- Oriental Insurance Car Insurance
- Raheja QBE Car Insurance
- Reliance General Car Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
- SBI General Car Insurance
- Shriram General Car Insurance
- Tata AIG Car Insurance
- United India Car Insurance
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance
- Universal Sompo Goods Carrying Vehicle
- Universal Sompo Passenger Carrying Vehicles
- Steps to Follow While Buying Car Insurance
- Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance: Boon for Bike Insurance
- Impact of filing claims on insurance premiums
- How Does Car Insurance Keep You Afloat During a Flood?
- Compulsory and Voluntary Excess In Motor Insurance
- All About Anti-Theft Device and Its Impact on Car Insurance
Reviews for IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
very goood policy
I have purchased mediclaim policy from IFFCO Tokio General Health Insurance. They have good successful claim ratio. Their policy service is improving and their customer support is also very good.
Best Car Policy!!
I am having a car insurance with iffco tokio car insurance.there services are actually good and can be renewed whenever I want. It covers mostly all the body parts of the vehicle. I have 90 % coverage plan with the basic policy. I am very satisfied with their customer services.