- Written by PolicyBazaar
- Views: 209
- Published: 07 July 2015
1. How to pay a premium? What are the modes of payment available?
The National Insurance Company offers 2 modes of premium payment namely:
- Cash payment at the branch
- Online Payment
For the online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via;
- Credit Card,
- Debit Card
- Net banking
2. How can I check policy status?
To check policy you can log into thee-Portal (https://nationalinsuranceindia.nic.co.in/portal/page/portal/Corporate/Home) with your valid credentials.
Alternatively, keep your policy details handly and call toll-free: 1800-200-7710
3. What is the policy renewal process?
Registered policyholders can pay online in 3 easy steps
Step1: Enter your Policy Number and Date of Birth to login into e-portal: http://niconline.in/
Step2: Select the payment option- Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking
Step3: Print/save the premium deposit receipt upon successful payment
Alteranatively, you can renew by Mobile: (http://niconline.in/niclive/motor/MobRenewalInitiate.do)
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim?
You need to fill the claim form and attach it with relevant documents to the Policy issuing office either directly or by an authorised Agent. Upon satisfactory evaluation, the claim will be settled in full within a few days.
To know more, please visit: https://nationalinsuranceindia.nic.co.in/portal/page/portal/Corporate/Home/HowtoLodgeClaim
5. What is the policy cancellation process?
Walk into your nearest branch with your policy documents and a duly filled surrender form. Upon successful acceptance at the counter, your policy will be cancelled and refunds directly credited in your bank account.
- Ad-on cover for luxury cars
- 5 unconventional insurance policies that you have never heard of
- Why To Worry About 25% Of ULIP Money In G-secs?