Sahara Life Insurance Company Ltd - Sahara LifeClaim Settlement Ratio - 90.19%*
Sahara India Pariwar entered the Life Insurance industry in the year 2004 as India’s first wholly Owned Private Life Insurance Company with copious presence in most parts of the country.. The core objective of the Company has been to reach out across the country to all segments of society not only to the privileged and urban based but to those belonging to the middle class and living in the rural areas as well. With the state-of-the-art technology, Sahara India offers extensive range of competitive products to caters the insurance needs of individuals of all ages and segments
The various segments of plans offered by Sahara India Life Insurance company are
- Unit Linked Plans
- Money Back Plans
- Endowment Plans
- Term Assurance Plans
- Group Insurance Plans
Apart from the above segment, Sahara India Offers add-on plans such as Accident Benefit and Critical Illness Riders
With the upward growth in Indian economy Sahara India Life Insurance Company provides specially crafted insurance product linked with capital market so as the insures should also earn straight profit from the great potential provided by these markets.
- A unit linked insurance plan with complete protection from volatile equity market and insurance coverage under one umbrella.
- A single premium based plan offering enhanced value of savings over a period of time.
- Multiple investment option as per risk appetite of customer.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage against any ill-fated incident.
- Minimum Issue Age is 18 Years
- Maximum Issue Age is 65 Years
- Policy Term is between 5 Years to 10 Years
- Maximum Age at Maturity is 75 Years
- Minimum Premium is Rs. 30,000/- and no cap on the maximum amount.
- No top up facility allowed.
- Sum assured provided under this plan are 125% of premium paid for insurer aged till 41 years and 110% of premium paid for insurer aged 46 Years & above .
- A unit linked insurance plan dedicated for exclusive customer with higher risk appetite and enhanced sum assured amount.
- Available in two premium payment variables as single premium and regular premium.
- Offered to customer between age group of 12 years to 55 years.
- Policy term is between 8 years to 20 years and the payment term is as per policy term except for single premium payment plans.
- Maximum Age at Maturity should be 70 years.
- Minimum Premium for single premium plan is Rs.50,000 , whereas for Regular Premium is Rs.20, 000 under yearly mode and Rs.15, 000 under half-yearly mode.
- No cap on the maximum premium amount.
- No change in premium amount is allowed and no top up facility is available under regular premium plan.
- For single premium option ,the sum assured is 125% of premium for insurer aged till 45 years and 110% of premium for customer aged above 46 years .
- For regular premium plan , the sum assured is 10 times of annualized premium for customer aged till 45 years and 7 times of annualized premium for customers aged above 46 & above
- A Unit linked plan being offered is a unique blend of risk coverage and market linked returns.
- Simple documentation and hassle free enrollment procedure.
- Flexibility to choose investment plan as per risk appetite and financial objective.
- Minimum issuance age is 10 Years to maximum 55 years and the policy term is 10,15 or 20 years.
- Minimum Premium is Rs.12, 000 and cannot be altered once policy is issued.
- Sum assured is 10 times the amount paid towards annual premium.
Money Back Plans
Sahara Pay Back – Jeevan Bima Plan
- A traditional limited premium money-back participating endowment plan proposed for those who seeks guaranteed cash inflow to meet the desired financial obligations
- Double benefit of financial protection and earning at time bound periods.
- Offers financial assistance as lump sum payment at particular intervals and thus fulfill financial commitments in future.
- Offered for minimum issue aged between 16 years to 50 years
- Minimum sum assured as Rs 75000 and thereafter in multiples of 5000.
- Maximum sum assure available is Rs. 1 crore subject to underwriting.
- Fixed policy term for 12 years , 16 years and 20 years.
- Maximum Coverage Age is till 70 years.
- 3% discount available for yearly prepayment payment and 1.5% on half yearly premium payment option .
- A Single Premium Money Back Endowment Assurance without Profits Plan.
- Add on advantage of life cover up to maturity.
- Return of premium at maturity pooled with guaranteed additions depending upon term and sum assured chosen.
- Regular flow of earning from return at specific intervals.
- Minimum Entry Age is 9 years up to maximum entry of 60 years.
- Minimum Sum Assured is Rs. 50,000/- up to the amount Rs. 1 crore based on underwriting.
- Policy Term is fixed as 9 years/ 12 years/ 15 years subject to maximum age at the maturity should be 70 years.
- A traditional limited premium money-back non-participating endowment plan.
- Suited for those who have planned future financial obligations such as child’s higher education or marriage.
- Complete protection against any financial adversity aroused due to ill-fated event o the insurer
- Minimum issuance age is 15 years and maximum issuance age 55 Years
- Minimum sum assured under the plan is Rs 75000 and thereafter in multiples of 5000.
- Fixed policy term as 15 years or 20 years and premium paying term as per policy term.
- Discounts on premium @ 3% and 1.5 % for yearly and half-yearly modes of premium payments plans.
- A single premium without profit endowment plan.
- Specially designed for individuals with irregular income flow such as income from real estate etc.
- Minimum Entry Age is 9 years to maximum 60 Years.
- Sum assured ranges from Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 1 crore based on underwriting.
- Minimum premium amount under this plan is Rs. 16,992 for age at entry 9.
- The plan term is 5 Years to 10 Years subject to maturity age under this plan.
- A single premium without profit endowment plan combined with the benefit of life cover up to maturity.
- Best fitted insurance plan for those who have higher investment appetite and plan well ahead for their time bound financial liabilities.
- Comprehensive life cover against one time single premium payment.
- Minimum Entry Age is 9 years to maximum 60 Years.
- Sum assured ranges from Rs. 50,000/- and then in multiples of Rs 5000/-.
- Fixed policy term of 10 years.
- a traditional participating endowment plan with double benefit of wealth creation and insurance protection.
- Multiple benefits of safe investment, tax benefit insurance benefits under single plan
- Minimum issuance age is 14 Years up to 14 Years.
- Minimum Sum Assured Rs 50000/- and thereafter in multiples of Rs 5000.
- Guaranteed return of sum assured as 10 times of annualized premium for age at entry less than 45 years and 7 times of annualized premium for age at entry more than or equal to 45 years.
- The plan term ranges between 15 years to 40 years subject to the age at the maturity of plan should be 70 years.
- Premium payment frequency options are monthly , quarterly , half yearly or yearly.
Group Insurance Plans
Sahara Samooh suraksha
- A term insurance cover plan for Establishments/Groups, at nominal premium amount.
- Advantage of market appreciation on the savings portion of premium paid under this plan.
- Available for groups where at least 75% of existing employees/members with minimum 25 eligible members are willing to join the plan.
- Minimum monthly total contribution of Rs.5000
- Participation of all new eligible members in the group is compulsory on the next renewal date
- Minimum group size should be 50 members with minimum contribution per month as Rs. 5000
- Minimum entry age 18 years whereas maximum entry age 64 years.
- Minimum sum assured per member Rs. 50,000/- up to the limit of maximum sum assured per member is Rs. 5 lakhs.
Sahara Accidental Death Benefit Rider
- A Non Linked Accidental Death Benefit rider goup plan with dual option to chose as either single premium or Regular Premium .
- For regular premium payment the plan term should be less than or equal to policy term.
- Minimum entry age at is 18 Years and maximum age at entry 60 years and the maximum maturity age is 65 years
- Minimum Sum Assured is Rs 50,000 whereas maximum sum assured is as per the plan sum assured or Rs.20,00,000 including cover under all previous policies with the Company, whichever is lower.
Sahara Surakshit Pariwar – Jeevan Bima Plan
- A non-linked, non-par micro endowment life insurance plan with objective of reaching to socially weaker sections of the society
- Twin benefit of providing life cover and building your savings.
- Affordable monthly premium of Rs 500 or Rs 250 for 5 years or 10 years respectively
- Reasonable return at the end of maturity of the plan.
- Minimum entry age is 18 years to maximum 50 years .
- Policy term as between 5 years to 10 years and the premium payment term shall be as per plan term.
- Sum assured of Rs 30000/- per life i.e. sum assured is fixed per life under the plan
- Fixed premium amount of Rs. 500 per month for premium paying term of 5 years and Rs. 250 per month for premium paying term of 10 years
- Only monthly premium payment frequency is available.
- Grace period of 30 days irrespective of any calendar month will be allowed to pay premiums.
- Maturity benefit as the sum of Guaranteed Sum Assured and accrued guaranteed annual additions.
- Death benefit of either 5 times the annualized premium or 105% of all the premiums paid as on date of death
Sahara Social Security Plan
- It is a non-participating without profit plan as such the policy will not participate in the profits of Sahara Life.
- A term plan intended to provide insurance coverage to the economic weaker section of society.
- Focused to all groups belonging to unorganized/informal sectors including economically weak or backward classes with at least 50 members are eligible to participate in this scheme
- Affordable premium amount with comprehensive coverage.
- No maturity or survival benefit.
- Only death benefit shall be payable to the nominee in the event of death of the member during continued membership of the group.
- Nominal premium starting from Rs. 100
- Premium can be paid by group policyholder or members as totally or in portion as decided during inception of policy.
- Grace period of one month for premium payment, post which the policy shall be terminated and will not have any cash value on termination.
- Other value addition benefit includes Double Accident benefit which offers an additional benefit equal to sum assured shall be payable if death is caused within 180 days of any bodily injury sustained directly and solely from an accident
General Terms & Conditions for all the plans
- Suicide Clause: In case of death due to suicide, within twelve months from the date of inception of the plans, the nominee or beneficiary of the policyholder shall be entitled to at least 80% of the premiums paid provided policy is in force or from the date of revival of the policy the nominee or beneficiary of the policyholder shall be entitled to higher of 80% of the premiums paid till the date of death or the surrender value.
- Free look period: A policyholder is entitled to review the terms and conditions of the plans within a period of fifteen days from the date of receipt of the policy bond. If the policyholder disagrees with the terms and conditions, he has the option to return the policy bond after stating the reasons for the disagreement. In such a scenario, the policyholder would be entitled to refund of premiums paid after deducting the stamp duty. No further charges would be deducted.
- As per Section 41 of the Insurance Act, 1938 (4 of 1938):— "No person shall allow or offer to allow, either directly or indirectly, as an inducement to any person to take out or renew or continue an insurance in respect of any kind of risk relating to lives or property in India, any rebate of the whole or part of the commission payable or any rebate of the premium shown on the policy, nor shall any person taking out or renewing or continuing a policy accept any rebate, except such rebate as may be allowed in accordance with the published prospectus or tables of the insurer.
- v If any person fails to comply with sub regulation (2) above, he shall be liable to payment of a fine which may extend to Rupees five hundred
Sahara Life Insurance - FAQ
1. How to pay a premium? What are the modes of payment available?
The Sahara Life insurance company Ltd. offers different modes of premium payment namely:
- Cash/ Cheque payment at the branch
- ECS ( At certain locations)
2. How can I check policy status?
To check the policy status login on the home page with your user name and password.
Alternatively, call toll free: 1800-180-9000 (10 AM to 5 PM) to make yyour policy inquiry.
3. What is the policy renewal process?
To renew the policy, you can visit the nearest branch during working hours. You can also call on the customer care: 1800-180-9000 (10 AM to 5 PM).
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim?
You can visit the nearest branch of the Sahara Life Insurance company between 10 AM to 5PM. You can also call on the toll free number 1800-180-9000 from 10 AM to 5 PM.
5. What is the policy cancellation process?
You can visit the nearest branch of the Sahara Life Insurance company to surrender your policy between 10 AM to 5PM. Upon succesful completion of the procedure, the refund will be directly debited in your account and the policy will stand cancelled.
- Tata AIA Life Insurance
- Reliance Life Insurance
- SBI Life Insurance
- Kotak Life Insurance
- PNB MetLife Life Insurance
- DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
- Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance
- AEGON Life Insurance
- Canara HSBC Oriental Bank Life Insurance
- IDBI Federal Life Insurance
- Future Generali Life Insurance
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance
- Shriram Life Insurance
- Aviva Life Insurance
- Max Life Insurance
- Exide Life Insurance
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- HDFC Standard Life Insurance
- Birla Sun Life Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
- Postal life insurance
- Do You have a Home Loan? Here’s Why Term Insurance is Right for You
- Smart Moves to Save Smart: Financial Decisions to Consider Before the Big 30
- Awaiting your new bundle of joy? 5 questions about life insurance answered
- A Toss-up between Single or Regular Premium Life Insurance
- Short-Term Investment Plans: Best Option for Small Savings
- Know Why an Endowment Plan is a Great Idea