How to Buy Oriental Insurance Policy Online & Offline?
Oriental Insurance Company Limited is one of the leading public sector insurance providers of India that became a legal corporation company at Bombay on September 12th, 1947. The headquarter of the company is in New Delhi. It was previously a fully owned subsidiary of Oriental Government Security Life Assurance Company Limited and later it was formed to meet the requirements of General Insurance in India.
From 1956 to 1973, the company was a subsidiary of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India until the business of general insurance in India was nationalized. It was the year 2003 when all the shares of this company were transferred to the Indian Central Government. These shares were previously held by the GIC of India (General Insurance Corporation).
Oriental Insurance Services and Products:
Oriental Insurance Company offers various insurance products and services. Some of the top categories for which the company offers insurance plans are – two-wheeler, health, car, travel, and personal accident. Let us discuss these products in brief:
- Oriental Motor Insurance: The motor insurance policies offered by the Oriental Insurance Company are specifically designed to protect the owners of the vehicle and his/her vehicle from different types of damages. The company offers different products for cars and two-wheelers. It provides both third-party and comprehensive insurance covers.
- Oriental Health Insurance: The health insurance plans provided by Oriental Insurance company make sure to offer you and your family the best health insurance cover. The main objective of Oriental Insurance Company is to safeguard you and your family from the sky-high medical expenditure. The company provides health insurance plans for every category such as Individual, Group, and Senior Citizens.
- Oriental Travel Insurance: The travel insurance plans offered by the Oriental Insurance Company provide advanced coverage for safeguarding the policyholders from any unfortunate scenes while traveling overseas. The company provides insurance coverage against trip delays, trip interruptions, medical health emergencies, trip cancellations, etc. in a foreign land and various other issues that are interconnected to traveling.
The main aim of the company is ‘Service to Clients’ in the sector of General Insurance and this is the reason it has transformed into one of the best general insurance providers in India. With day to day expansion of online purchase, the company now sells all of its general insurance policies online as well.
Steps to purchase Oriental Insurance policy online:
Being a general insurance company, Oriental Insurance Company deals with most of the insurance products that range from motor insurance plans to health insurance products to personal insurance policy and many more. You can purchase these plans both online and offline. For purchasing an Oriental Insurance policy online, all you have to do is to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of Oriental Insurance Company and then click the ‘Buy Online’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: Choose your required insurance policy such as health insurance, motor insurance, etc.
- Step 3: You will be redirected to the details page of your chosen insurance plan. Provide all the required information there and move to the page for payment for purchasing your desired insurance policy.
- Step 4: Make the payment via mobile banking, NEFT, net banking, credit, or debit card according to your convenience.
- Step 5: The Oriental Insurance Company starts its processing as you submit the application and issues the policy in a few days.
Steps to purchase Oriental Insurance policy offline:
If you are among those who want to buy an Oriental Insurance policy offline, then you can either go to the nearest branch of the company or buy it through an authorized agent of the company.
Documents Required to Purchase an Oriental Insurance Policy:
For purchasing an Oriental Insurance plan, you need to provide the following documents:
- Age proof such as mark sheet of 10th or birth certificate.
- Know Your Customer documents such as Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Voter ID Card, Passport, PAN Card, or Driving License as your poof f address and identity.
- Income proof such as passbook of your bank or your salary slip.
- Medical reports in case of health insurance.
- Other documents as requested by the insurance provider.
Some of the Top Plans Offered by Oriental Insurance Company:
Mentioned below are some of the best insurance policies offered by the Oriental Insurance Company:
- Individual Mediclaim Policy: This health insurance policy is for individuals. It covers the medical expenses of the insured person including his/her hospitalization.
- Happy Family Floater Policy: A medical insurance policy offered by Oriental Insurance Company for providing coverage to the entire family under the same plan. This insurance policy is available in three variants – Gold, Silver, and Diamond. You can purchase the Happy Family Floater policy online.
- Overseas Mediclaim Policy: This policy is designed to provide coverage when you are traveling to some overseas location with your family.
- Nagrik Suraksha Policy: An insurance policy by the Oriental Insurance Company that provides coverage against total permanent disablement, death, permanent partial disablement, limb loss, etc.
- Janata Personal Accident Policy: An effective insurance policy by Oriental Insurance India is the Janata Personal Accident policy. This policy offers coverage to any Indian citizen regardless of his/her occupation, sex, and age. The age limit to purchase this plan is 10 years to 80 years.
- Oriental House Holder Policy: A home insurance policy that protects your home and various contents inside it against several unforeseen situations like loss due to housebreaking, loss because of fire, etc.
- Oriental Happy Cash Policy: This policy is designed to offer daily cash advantages to the insured and his/her family during hospitalization.
Summing It Up!
The Oriental Insurance Company has merged with United Insurance Company and National Insurance Company as per the notice of the Government made on February 02nd, 2018. The company offers its products both online and offline. Being a pioneer in technique implementation for conducting the business, the company provides insurance products for both rural and urban populations. The company has been rated A+++ award for excellence.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 11 November 2020