- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Apollo Easy Health Insurance Standard, Premium and Exclusive: Which is the Best for You?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1767 -
Modified 17 November 2016
The Apollo Easy Health Insurance plan is one of the most popular policies in the country. Available for both, individuals and families seeking cover, it provides cover for treatment against accidents, illnesses and injuries that require in-patient hospitalisation. Additionally, it also provides an optional critical illness cover.
There are 3 main variants offered under this amazing Apollo Health Insurance plan – Standard, Exclusive and Premium.
Let’s skim through some of the key features of this plan.
- This plan can be purchased as an Individual plan or as a family floater plan.
- It offers an optional critical illness cover.
- This plan offers tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax act.
- It includes an ‘Ayush’ benefit, which covers the medical expenses for in-patient treatment taken under Ayurveda, Unani, Homeopathy and Sidha.
Comparative Analysis – Standard, Exclusive and Premium Packages
Broadly speaking, standard, exclusive and premium packages have a lot in common in terms of coverage. However the extents vary for both the individual and family plans.
The first formal point of difference between the three categories is, of course, the extent of coverage guaranteed by the sum assured. While the standard plan covers for up to maximum of 5 lakhs per person per policy year, the top tier exclusive and premium packages guarantee a sum assured of up to 50 lakhs per year. The optional critical insurance rider also varies in terms of sum insured with the standard plan guaranteeing a maximum of 1 lakh, while the exclusive and premium packages cover for a maximum of 10 lakhs. Health check-ups under the standard plan are limited to once every 4 claim-free years, but the exclusive plan offers one every 3 continuous policy years and the premium plan guarantees one at the end of every 2 continuous policy years.
The family plans under the 3 packages are quite similar in nature to the individual plans, with the exception that the sum assured per policy year is against the entire family and not for individual members of the family. All the other perks under these three packages remain the same for both individual and family plans.
Major Benefits of Apollo Easy Health Insurance:
- Pre-Hospitalisation – The medical expenses that are incurred 60 days, before the insured person is hospitalised, is covered by the plan.
- Post-Hospitalisation – All medical expenses incurred in the 90 days, after the insured person/family members are discharged, is covered as well.
- Day-care Procedures – Expenses involving day-care procedures are included. Surgeries or procedures undertaken by the insured that take less than 24 hours hospitalisation is covered for 144 day-care procedures listed in the plan.
- Cumulative Bonus – A cumulative bonus of 10% is awarded to the policyholder for every claim-free year. Up to 100% can be accumulated. In the event that a claim is made, the cumulative bonus is reduced by 10% of the sum assured, when the plan has to be renewed.
- Critical Illness Rider – The critical illness rider benefit covers the first heart attack (myocardial infarction), coronary artery surgery (bypass surgery), paralysis, stroke, major organ transplantation, kidney failure (renal disease – end stage) and cancer. Under the different plans offered in the individual and family floater options, the sum assured can be either 50% or 100% of the basic sum assured. This is subject to a minimum of Rs.1 lakh and a maximum of Rs.10 lakhs.
- Convalescence Benefit – The Exclusive and Premium variants of the Easy Health plan provide a convalescence benefit amounting to Rs.10,000 after hospitalisation of 10 days and more, and for a sum insured of Rs.15 lakh and above.
- Additional Benefits – The premium variant of this plan provides out-patient benefits for contact lenses, hearing aids, spectacles, eye-cover benefit. Dental cover is also provided after a waiting period of 3 years in the premium variant. There is an organ donor cover for medical expenses that are up to the sum insured, if an organ is harvested from a donor for the insured. Maternity cover is also provided under the Exclusive and Premium variants of this plan. All these benefits come with certain terms and conditions as listed in the policy document.
Over to You!
Now that you know everything about Apollo Easy Health Insurance Standard, Premium and Exclusive, it’s time to take your pick! But before you jump into action and select a plan, do well to calculate how much coverage you actually need. Calculating the amount of coverage required will make it easy for you to take your pick.
Got a question about Apollo Easy Health Insurance? Ask our experts! Simply leave us your questions in the comments section below and our experts will love to answer all your questions.
- Most Read
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
Date: 28 February 2018
- Best Family Health Insurance Plans for Expecting Parents in India
Date: 21 February 2018
- Top 5 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2018
Date: 21 February 2018
- New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
Date: 20 February 2018
- Star Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
Date: 13 February 2018
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 424711
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 232322
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 161322
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 121836
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 82899