- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Best Maternity Health Insurance Policies in India for FY 2016-17
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 5603 -
Updated date : 07 February 2017
We understand your happiness when you hear the good news from the doctors, especially when you are expecting a baby. It is a new phase of life, which can be financially challenging for people in urban areas. At this stage, the medical care for both the newborn baby and mother is unavoidable, and you may incur huge expenses.
To manage such high medical costs, it is every bit advisable for a couple to have the best maternity health insurance plan. Basically, maternity insurance cover is a type of add-on cover, which can be added to your existing health insurance plan. It offers different types of benefits to maternity-related expenses.
Considering the high medical cost, it is mandatory to have maternity coverage under health insurance plan females. Insurance companies, in general, do not provide maternity coverage under any health insurance plan.
Health insurance plans are meant to cover unanticipated risks, whereas pregnancy is planned and not considered as a risk. There is no plan available in the market that solely covers maternity expenses. You can avail this coverage with your existing health insurance or group health insurance plan with a maximum cover of Rs. 50,000.
Check out some top health insurance plans with maternity cover below:
Religare Joy Health Insurance Plan
- The entry age to buy this plan for an adult is 18 years and the baby is covered from day 1.
- Two sum insured options available under this plan, i.e. for a sum insured of Rs. 3, 00,000 and Rs. 5, 00,000.
- It offers hospitalization expenses maximum up to the sum assured.
- This plan also provides pre and post hospitalization expenses for 30 days and 40 days, respectively.
- The waiting period can vary from 9 months to 24 months, according to the policy and its corresponding premium.
- You can avail coverage for a newborn baby up to Rs. 30,000 when the sum assured is Rs. 3 lakhs and Rs. 50,000 when the sum insured value is Rs. 5 lakhs.
- This policy also takes care of vaccination expenses of the newborn baby.
- The policy tenure is 3 years. Read more about Religare health insurance.
Apollo Munich’s Easy Health Insurance
- The minimum entry age for this plan is 5 years and the maximum age is 65 years.
- You will find some variants of this plan.
- You can choose between three sum assured options under this plan, i.e. Rs. 3-5 lakhs, Rs. 7-10 lakhs and Rs. 15, 25-50.
- Sum Insured of Rs. 3-5 Lakhs
It offers Rs. 15,000 in the case of normal delivery and Rs. 25,000 for caesarean with both pre and post natal care expenses up to Rs. 1500.
- Sum Insured of Rs. 7.5-10 lakhs
It offers Rs. 25,000 for normal delivery and Rs. 40,000 for caesarean with pre and post natal care.
- Sum Insured of Rs. 15, 25-50 lakhs
It offers Rs. 30,000 for normal delivery and Rs. 50,000 for caesarean with pre and post natal care.
- The waiting period under this plan is 3 years.
- Hospitalization expenses are covered under this plan.
- Coverage for a newborn baby is available at an extra premium.
- It does not offer vaccination expenses. Read more about Apollo Munich’s Easy Health Insurance
Cigna TKK ProHealth Insurance Plus Plan
- The minimum entry age to buy a Cigna TKK Pro health insurance plus plan is 18 years for an adult and 91 days for a newborn baby.
- This plan covers the maternity expenses up to Rs. 15,000 for normal delivery and Rs, 25,000 for caesarean.
- It does not provide hospitalization maternity expenses.
- This plan covers complete vaccination expenses up to 1 year.
Read more Cigna TKK ProHealth Insurance Plus Plan
It is found that late pregnancy gives birth to a number of complications that may incur additional expenses unexpectedly. To meet the financial need at such a crucial time, it is beneficial to have a health insurance plan that covers maternity expenses too.
Before buying any health insurance policy with maternity coverage, make sure you read the policy wording carefully and compare health insurance policies online. For working women, it is advised to check the benefits and coverage offered by the group health insurance plan provided by their employers. For further assistance, you can take help from an insurance agent or broker.
- Most Read
- Things to Know Before Picking a Health Insurance Plan
Date: 15 October 2019
- Health Card vs. Health Insurance with OPD Coverage
Date: 26 September 2019
- India's Great Healthcare Challenge, Also an Opportunity
Date: 25 September 2019
- All About Pre-Insurance Medical Check-Up in Health Insurance
Date: 24 September 2019
- Know the Network Hospital Before Buying Health Insurance
Date: 23 September 2019
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 549698
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 302260
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 248546
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2019
Views : 199946
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 156223
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator