- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
List of Best Health Insurance Plans for 2014
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3126 -
Modified 15 November 2016
With so many insurance plans and companies with different features, exclusions and benefits, ain't this difficult to pick a suitable one? Ofcourse, it is. One plan can't be perfect enough to cover all the uncertainities but one suitable plan can save your money from draining away in a fraction of second. We are here to enlighten you with top ten health insurance plans for 2014.
1. Individual Health Guard: Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has introduced this plan with both the options of individual and family floater. Anyone between 18 to 65 years of age can opt for this plan. It covers the hospitalisation expenses and gives cashless facility at over 3200 hospitals across India. It gives a family bonus of 10% and a 10% cumulative bonus for each claim free year which can go up to 50%. It's an annual plan covering self, spouse, dependent children and parents. This plan has got 3.96 rating from the customers.
2. Unique Health: Star Health Insurance brings this plan with unique features, covering both future as well as pre-existing diseases or conditions. It's a two year policy and premiums can be paid in 2 instalments. HIV positive people can take this policy provided the CD 4 count at the time of entry is above 350. People between 18 to 65 years of age are eligible for this policy. It also covers non-allopathic treatments and also provides 30% co-pay of admissible claim amount in respect of each and every claim.
3. Individual Medishield: This plan is introduced by IFFCO TOKIO General Insurance Company. It covers medical treatment expenses for diseases and accidents and also offers an optional cover for critical illnesses like heart surgery, cerebral stroke cancer, kidney failure, etc. This plan also covers the Ayurvedic treatments and basic medical check-up which is required for persons above 45 years.
4. Family Protect Premier: This plan by ICICI Lombard General Insurance covers you, your spouse, your children and your parents. It covers the expenses incurred during sudden illnesses, accidents and surgeries. This plan also covers conditions arising due to terrorist activities. It's a comprehensive plan in which the whole sum insured can be shared among family members without individual upper limits. In addition, there are no sub-limits on medicines, room-rent, investigations and doctor fees. This policy is renewable up to 70 years of age.
5. Healthwise: Reliance General Insurance introduced this plan which has no premium loading after a claim, no sub-limit, no capping, no co-payment and cashless facility at 4000+ network hospitals. You can opt for up to 5 lacs sum-insured. The maximum entry age for this plan is 65 years and it offers 50% reimbursement on pre acceptance medical test charges for accepted proposals.
6. Family Floater Health Guard: This plan from Bajaj Allianz General Insurance takes care of the expensive medical treatment incurred during hospitalization due to serious illness or accident. It comes with both the options of individual and family floater. Persons with 18 to 65 years of age can go for this policy. It's an annual policy which gives sum insured of Rs 2 lakhs to 10 lakhs. People 56 to 65 years of age can opt for 2 lakhs to 5 lakhs sum insured. You will get free health check-up and also can get up to 50% cumulative bonus.
7. Triple Health Insurance Plan: This plan by Bharti AXA Life Insurance offers 100% sum insured in case the insured encounters a critical illness during the policy term of 15 years. The insured can claim maximum up to three times for critical illness. In addition, after making first claim, all the future premiums will be waived off keeping the policy active till maturity. The minimum entry age for this plan is 18 years and the maximum is 80 years.
8. Silver Health: This plan from Bajaj Allainz General Insurance is for citizens between 46 and 70 years of age. This plan offers cashless benefit or reimbursement for hospitalisation expenses due to illness or accident. Pre-existing diseases are covered in this policy after the second year. You can opt a sum insured ranging from Rs 50,000 to Rs 5 lakhs. It's an annual policy with mandatory medical checkups for every proposal.
9. Health Suraksha: It's a comprehensive health insurance plan by HDFC ERGO which provides cover for in-patient treatment expenses, pre & post-hospitalisation expenses and related major expenses. There is no sub-limit on the hospital room rents, hospital charges, doctor fees and diseases. It comes in both individual and family floater options. This plan offers reimbursement of health check-ups on completing 4 claim free years.
10. Optima Restore: This plan by Apollo Munich General Insurance restores the basic sum insured in case the policyholder exhausts it in a policy year. In case of floater plan, if any of the family member uses up the coverage and another member falls prey to illness later during the same insured period then the entire sum insured will get reinstated at no extra charge. Apart from this, there is a multiplier benefit in this plan which increases your basic sum insured by 50% in case of a claim free year. If the policyholder doesn't claim for second year also then the sum insured will be doubled.
So, all these Health Insurance plans are unique and beneficial depending upon the needs and goals of a person. Make your goals clear and enrich yourself with all necessary details to choose the most fruitful plan.
- Most Read
- Everything You Need to Know about HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy
Date: 22 August 2018
- Guide to Health Insurance Plans Offered by Star Health Insurance
Date: 17 August 2018
- Should you Include Your Parents in Employer’s Group Health Insurance?
Date: 13 August 2018
- Tips to Buy and Renew Cigna TTK Health Insurance Online
Date: 23 July 2018
- What you need to know about the Group Health Insurance Today?
Date: 19 July 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 342701
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 191377
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 176462
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 107125
- How does GST Impact your Insurance Premium?
Views : 65319