- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Preferred Provider Organisation Expansion In 2014
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1214 -
Modified 24 March 2017
In 2014, Preferred Provider Organisation (PPO) is anticipated to have eminence with large number of hospitals coming in this sector. PPO is basically a health arrangement which provides the right of selecting the doctor and hospital to the participant. Better number of hospital tie-up is expected to occur with the introduction of unique identity numbers for hospitals by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) and Insurance Information Bureau (IIB).
The increasing health insurance claim expenses have offered escalating losses which has become a concern for many. In order to downsize health cost via PPO, public general insurers have come up with a mechanism where, an insured can have cashless treatment in the hospitals which have agreed to the preferential pricing.
During emergency, an individual can even select the hospital which is not in the list of PPO and the reimbursement of the charges will be done under the policy.
A senior official highlighted the importance of unique number system by IIB as now they are likely to receive ample data related to hospitals subsequently many of them would not get registered under PPO.
The consistent rates displayed by PPO are not sounding reasonable for many hospitals and hence they don’t wish to be a part of PPO. But insurers have a brighter hope of these hospitals joining PPO as they expect to have a clear data of the extra charges paid for each medical procedure.
- Most Read
- Can I get a Health Policy if I have Allergies?
Date: 11 December 2017
- 9 Pointers for How You Can Best Utilise Your Health Insurance
Date: 06 December 2017
- How You Can Save Taxes with Medical Expenses
Date: 30 November 2017
- How You Can Choose the Best Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens
Date: 29 November 2017
- Why Family Health Insurance Plan Needs a Timely Re-evaluation
Date: 29 November 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 365295
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 172026
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 142857
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 92435
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 66113