- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Health Insurance Scheme for Pensioners
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 8917 -
Modified 24 March 2017
A new health insurance scheme is to be launched for covering family pensioners of the State government and seven lakh pensioners. This is to be made compulsory for all pensioners including their spouse, and operated on cashless schemes, following the rules of Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme and the insurance scheme designed for government officials.
One of the senior official informed that they were to regulate the bid among the public sector insurance companies, and later, would announce the winner of the contract within few months.
The terms finalized are- rupees two lakh for pensioners including their spouse and a black period of four years for family pensioner. State government added that in case the spouse of the pensioner is also a State government pensioner then only one person is entitled for the recovery of subscription and this would be decided by the option exercised by the couple.
Under the Government Pensioners Health Fund, the pensioners are offered financial backing or a health insurance plan for seniors during specialized treatment of major ailments with a health cover accounting for 5.5 lakh (for pensioners) and 1.5lakh (for family pensioners). The limit of this assistance is Rs. 1 lakh or 75% of the treatment cost, whichever turns to be lower.
- Most Read
- All You Need to Know About SBI Health Insurance
Date: 15 January 2018
- Why You Should Consider Group Health Insurance
Date: 10 January 2018
- Are Senior Citizen Health Policies Restrictive?
Date: 08 January 2018
- Want to Port Your Medical Insurance Plan? Here is How to Do It
Date: 05 January 2018
- Myths and Facts about Critical Illness Insurance
Date: 28 December 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 388377
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 196375
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 149533
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 102794
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 72523