AEGON Life iReturn Insurance Plan
Aegon Life iReturn Insurance Plan is a pure term insurance plan with return of premium benefits. This term insurance plan not only aims at making life financially more secure for the family of the policyholder but also provides the advantage of earning back the premiums if the policyholder outlives the policy term.
Key Features of Aegon Life iReturn Insurance Plan
- Inbuilt Terminal Illness Benefit
- Single Premium Payment, Limited Premium & Regular Premium Payment
- Premium Return Benefits
- Different Policy Terms
- Rider Options
Benefits of Aegon Life iReturn Insurance Plan
- Death Benefits: In case of death of the insured, the sum assured is paid with reduced terminal illness benefits to the beneficiary.
- Maturity Benefits: In case the insured survives throughout the plan term, she/he is entitled to receive all premiums back as the maturity benefit.
- Rider Benefits: In case the insured is diagnosed with a terminal illness, 25% of his/her sum assured is paid back and the future premiums are waived off.
- Tax Benefits: All the premiums paid and claims received under this term insurance plan are eligible for tax deductions Under Section 80C and 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act.
Product Specification of Aegon Life iReturn Insurance Plan
Premium Paying Term
Premium Paying Frequency
Aegon Life iReturn Plan
18- 65 years
Up to 75 years
5 - 20 years
30 lakhs- 4 crore
Policy Details of Aegon Life iReturn Insurance Plan
Grace period: A grace period of 30 days is allowed to the policyholder in case he is not able to make the premium payments on time.
Policy termination or Surrender Benefit:
- In case of single premium payment option, the surrender value gets enabled on the completion of the first policy year.
- In the case of limited premium payment option, the surrender value gets enabled on the completion of the second policy year.
- In the case of regular premium payment option, the surrender value gets enabled on the completion of the third policy year.
Free look period: If the policyholder feels that the plan features and benefits are not satisfactory, he/she is free to cancel the plan within 30 days since the inception of the plan, given no claims have been filed yet.
Additional Rider Covers:
Aegon Life iReturn plan allows the policyholder to customize their plan with rider covers as per his/her requirements. Below are the Rider Covers available under this plan:
- Aegon Life Accidental Death Benefit Rider: Accidents can have a serious impact on life, ranging from permanent disability to death. Accidental death rider cover guarantees financial security to your family in case of your unforeseen accidental death.
- Aegon Life Critical Illness Rider: There are 4 critical illnesses identified by Aegon Life. Those diseases can drain the policyholder of a large sum of money. Hence, Aegon Life offers Critical Illness rider in order to provide financial assistance to the policyholder in case he/she is ever diagnosed with those diseases.
- Aegon Life Waiver of Premium Rider on Critical Illnesses: Aegon Life understands how difficult it is for the policyholder to continue with the policy once he/she is diagnosed with a critical illness. Hence, the rider offers a distinct benefit under which all future premiums are waived off in case the insured is diagnose with any of the critical illnesses recognized by Aegon Life. But the policy continues till maturity.
- Aegon Life Women Critical Illness Rider: On being diagnosed with any of the critical illnesses listed as special illness conditions for women, this rider provides the insured with a percentage of the basic sum assured. Special illness conditions listed under this category includes Female Organ Cancer, Birth of Child with Congenital Disorder, Surgeries, and Complications in Pregnancy.
- In a case of suicide committed by the insured within the first 12 months of the plan inception, 80% of the premium paid is payable to the beneficiary.
- In case of suicide committed by the insured within the first 12 months of the plan renewal, higher of 80% of the premiums paid so far or the surrender value is payable to the beneficiary.
Below are the documents, which are required to get insured by Aegon Life iReturn Plan:
- Duly filled Application form/Proposal form
- Address Proof
- Age Proof
- Other KYC documents; PAN Card, Adhaar Card, Tax Details etc
- Medical History
**Documents required are subject to the plan option and the sum assured chosen.
You may also like to read: Aegon Life Term Insurance
Frequently Asked Question
Q.1) Can I attach riders to my base plan anytime I want?
Yes, the insured has the flexibility to attach riders to his base plan anytime he/she wants. All the insured has to do is to send Aegon Life a documented notice stating that he/she wants to attach a rider to his/her base plan and make the additional premium payment as required.
Q.2) What if I want to detach riders from my base plan?
The insured can detach riders from his base plan anytime he/she wants. He/she has to send a documented notice to Aegon Life about the rider he wishes to detach. Discontinuance of rider premium will be applicable from the upcoming premium payment due date.
Q.3) What if I want to discontinue my iReturn plan?
The insured is provided with a free look period of 30 days from the policy inception date. During this period, the insured gets the option to cancel his/her plan if he/she is not satisfied with the term and conditions. On cancellation within this period, the insured gets back the premiums he/she had already paid. However, stamp and administration charges, pro rata adjustment of life cover and medical expenses (if any) are deducted before returning the premium amount.
Q.4) What if I miss the payment of my premium within my grace period?
If the insured fails to pay his/her premium even within the 30 days’ grace period provided under the plan, then the policy cover terminates automatically. However, the policy can be revived again by paying the due premiums so far along with the interest applicable to it.
- Aegon Life Term Insurance Plans
- Aviva Term Insurance Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Term Insurance Plans
- Bharti AXA Term Insurance Plans
- Birla Sun Life Term Insurance Plans
- Canara HSBC Term Insurance Plans
- DHFL Pramerica Term Insurance Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Term Insurance Plans
- Exide Life Term Insurance Plans
- Future Generali Term Insurance Plans
- HDFC Life Term Insurance Plans
- ICICI Prudential Term Insurance Plans
- IDBI Federal Term Insurance Plans
- IndiaFirst Term Insurance Plans
- Kotak Life Term Insurance Plans
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator