HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance (formerly known as Apollo Munich Travel Insurance)
HDFC ERGO Health travel insurance company (formerly known as Apollo Munich) is a joint enterprise between HDFC Limited based in Mumbai and Munich health based in Germany. HDFC limited is the primary shareholder with a 51% stake and the remaining 49% remain with Munich Health. The insurance company has its headquarters in Mumbai. Their travel insurance plans have been designed to take into account the travel needs of the travellers in all walks of life who are planning to travel either due to a professional commitment or a family holiday or for leisure purposes.
HDFC ERGO Health travel insurance plan secures you from against any sickness, robbery, and so on. Moreover, provides round-the-clock assistance from anywhere across the globe in case of emergencies. Give no deplorable circumstance ruin your travel plan. HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich) travel insurance covers all travel-related perils and does not let you travel with the baggage of worries.
Why Choose HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance (formerly known as Apollo Munich)?
The reasons for considering HDFC ERGO Health travel insurance (formerly known as Apollo Munich) can be manifold:
- HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich) is one of the leading insurance providers in India with a decent claim settlement ratio.
- Global travel assistance can be availed
- The insurer has a huge network of hospitals across the country and outside the country.
- Experience a fast and smooth claim settlement with instant assistance in case of an emergency abroad.
Types of HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance (formerly known as Apollo Munich)
Travel Insurance by HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich) can be availed in the following types:
- Easy Travel Individual Plan: The HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance Plan (formerly known as Apollo Munich) for individuals covers a traveller, from half a year of to 70 years, against any medicinal or non-health related emergency while travelling overseas and is substantial for 180 days. In case of any medical emergency, the plan provides cashless treatment at authorized hospitals besides a compassionate visit will be arranged for a family member in case the traveller is hospitalized. Get detailed information on HDFC ERGO Health Easy Travel Individual plan (formerly known as Apollo Munich Easy Travel Individual plan) brochure here
- Easy Travel Family Plan: This policy is designed for your family under the age group of 6 months to 70 years. The policy can be availed in three variants such as silver, Bronze and Asian Region. An insured can opt for an extensive sum insured ranging from $ 25,000 to $1,00,000 under this family travel insurance plan. The policy benefits can be availed worldwide with an option to choose from Worldwide excluding US & Canada, Asiapac excluding Japan. Get detailed information on HDFC ERGO Health Easy Travel Family plan (formerly known as Apollo Munich Easy Travel Family plan) brochure here
- Easy Travel Senior Citizen Plan: There is no need to give up on your passion for travelling at your old age. With HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich) travel insurance, even senior citizens can ensure a secured trip. This plan is designed for people with age 71-80 years. The policy can be availed in two variants-Silver and Bronze for a sum insured of USD 1,00,000 and USD 50,000. The insured is covered for accidental dental treatment, lost passport assistance, medical advice on telephone 24x7 while travelling, personal accident coverage and so on. Get detailed information on HDFC ERGO Health Easy Travel Senior Citizen plan (formerly known as Apollo Munich Easy Travel Senior Citizen plan) Annual brochure here
- Easy Travel Annual Multi-Trip Plan: HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich) multi-trip plan is tailor-made for those frequent flyers who travel throughout be it business trips or holiday trips. The plan can be availed in four different variants namely Platinum, Gold, Silver and Asian Region, where the sum insured options available are USD 25,000 to USD 5,00,000. Along with the policy benefits, you can avail services such as per-trip information, embassy service, compassionate visit, emergency evacuation etc. Get detailed information on HDFC ERGO Health Easy Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance (formerly known as Apollo Munich Easy Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance) brochure here
HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance Coverage (formerly known as Apollo Munich)
HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich) travel insurance comes with the following list of coverage:
- Medical expenses – In case of a medical emergency leading to hospitalisation, the incurred expenses will be covered by HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich) Travel insurance.
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption – A medical emergency leading to the cancellation of a planned trip, the expenses would be covered. The policy also covers trip interruption due to an emergency.
- Personal liability cover – While travelling if you are liable to third party property damage, injury or death, the insurance provider will take care of the expenses.
- Loss of Important Document – In case of loss of important travel documents such as Passport, the expenses incurred in passport assistance will be covered by HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich) Travel insurance, starting from availing a duplicate passport to issuing the new one.
- Act of Terrorism - Allowance is offered in case the insured’s flight is hijacked for more than a specific period.
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains – The policy covers the transpiration expenses while repatriating insured’s mortal remains to his/her homeland.
HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance (formerly known as Apollo Munich) : List of Exclusions
HDFC ERGO Health Travel insurance (formerly known as Apollo Munich) doesn’t cover the insured under below conditions:
- Claim arising out of suicide, attempt to suicide, self-inflicted injury
- Expenses incurred due to treating HIV/AIDS or other related diseases
- Any pre-existing illnesses
- Complications arising due to pregnancy or childbirth
- Injury or accident due to the abuse of alcohol or intoxicant or other drugs
- Participation in any life-threatening adventitious sports
- Participation in the operations of Navy, Air Force or Army and get inured
- Involvement in criminal activities will not be covered
HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance (formerly known as Apollo Munich) : Claim Process
Apollo Munch ensures smooth and fast claim settlement irrespective of the nature of the claim. In case of HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich) Travel insurance, the insurer offers worldwide assistance as well. The insured can avail cashless services at its network hospitals. The claims can be registered online in the best of your comfort. Here’re the steps to ensure a hassle-free travel insurance claim settlement with HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich):
- Claim Registration: Register your claim by immediately informing the insurer and availing online claim registration assistance. The claim executive of HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich) Travel insurance will help you in claim registration. Further, you can ask for the claim form or download it from the insurer’s website. You’ll need to provide certain information such as name, contact details, policy number, date and time of the incident, location etc.
- Submit the Claim Form: After registering the claim now fill in the claim form and submit along with the supporting documents.
- Claim Review: Upon receiving, the insurer will review the claim documents and consider an admissible amount to be reimbursed.
- Claim Settlement: Once the claim is approved by the insurer, you will receive the settled amount transferred to your bank account.
Claim Documents of HDFC ERGO Health Travel insurance (formerly known as Apollo Munich)
The below documents are required in support of your Travel insurance claim:
- Duly filled in claim form
- Policy document
- Police FIR in case of an accident
- Medical bills
- Doctors report along with discharge certificate
- Copy of Visa/Passport with entry and exit stamp
- Proof of court’s decision in case of a liability claim
- Copy of flight ticket/boarding pass
*The insurer may ask for further documents as per the requirement
HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance Renewal (formerly known as Apollo Munich)
To avail continuous policy benefits, it is essential to renew HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich) Travel insurance. The best part is that the insurer has made its products and services available online. Which enables you to renew the policy online. This reduces the hassle of visiting the insurer’s office or waiting in a long queue for hours to renew the policy. To renew the policy online:
- Just visit the official website of HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich)
- Go to the ‘renew’ option
- Mention the type of policy and provide some information such as policy number, name, contact details etc.
- Calculate the premiums online
- If the suggested premium suits your budget, renew it online by paying the premiums through credit/debit card or net banking
- You’ll receive a renewal notification on the deduction of the premium amount from your bank account
- The insurer will also send the soft copy of the renewed policy to your registered e-mail Id, from where you can download it anytime.
How to Buy HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance (formerly known as Apollo Munich)?
HDFC ERGO Health (formerly known as Apollo Munich) Travel insurance can be bought either online of offline. If you like to go for online option then just visit the insurer’s website, browse over the different plans available under ‘Travel Insurance’ tab. Go for the plan that suits your trip requirements, pay the premiums online and download the plan copy. Simple!
If not, you can take help from an insurance agent who will help you through the process of buying travel insurance. You can pay the premiums through cheque or cash and get the policy of your choice.
- Aditya Birla Travel Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
- Cholamandalam Travel Insurance
- Digit Travel Insurance
- Future Generali Travel Insurance
- HDFC ERGO General Travel Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- National Insurance Travel Insurance
- New India Assurance Travel Insurance
- Oriental Travel Insurance
- Reliance Travel Insurance
- Religare Travel Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- SBI Travel Insurance
- Shriram Travel Insurance
- Star Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- United India Travel Insurance
- Universal Sompo Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance and Coronavirus: All You Need To Know About Covid-19
- What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
- Coronavirus Travel Advisory: All You Need to Know!
- Discover the Best of Australia With Visitor Insurance Australia
- Is Visitor Insurance Canada Missing On Your Travel Itinerary for Canada?
- Visitor Insurance USA
- Travel Insurance USA
- Travel Insurance Malaysia
- Travel Insurance UK
- Travel Insurance Australia
- Travel Insurance Sri Lanka
- Travel Insurance Canada
- Travel Insurance Singapore
- Travel Insurance Japan
- Travel Insurance UAE
- Travel Insurance Germany
- Travel Insurance Hong Kong
- Travel Insurance Dubai
- Travel Insurance Thailand