Why Bharti AXA Smart Traveller Insurance for Individuals and Families
Be it a sudden injury or loss of important documents, Bharti AXA Smart Traveller Insurance for individuals and families will cover you for any contingencies while you're on a trip abroad. With three product variants to choose from, you can customize your plans as per the age, duration and requirements of your travel. The travel insurance policy can be purchased for anyone ages between 3 months and 85 years, depending upon the plan. There are also options for annual multi-trip options and can be issued as a family floater including the insured, their spouse and two dependent children below 23 years of age.
Features & Benefits of Bharti AXA Smart Traveller Insurance for Individuals and Families
The policy has many benefits, some of which are covered below:
- Affordable Premiums: The policy has several variants with customizable covers so that your safety is not compromised
- Cover for Home Fire Insurance:While you're away on your vacation, let the policy protect you in case your home faces any losses due to a fire
- Cover for Home Burglary Insurance:The policy provides you protection for any damages caused by theft or housebreaks while you're away from your home in India
- Wide Age Covered: Different plans have been made specially to meet the needs of every traveler, no matter their age. The minimum eligibility age for all plans is 3 months.
Things to Know About Bharti AXA Smart Traveller Insurance for Individuals and Families
3 months to 85 years as per plans
Up to USD 50,000 - 500,000
Annual Multi-Trip Products
Minimum Trip Duration
24X7 claim assistance available
Disclaimer: Policybazaar does not endorse, rate, or recommend any particular insurer or insurance product offered by an insurer.
General benefits offered by this Bharti AXA Smart Traveller Insurance for individuals and families include coverage for medical expenses, emergency evacuation, dental treatment expenses, accidental death and dismemberment and many other travels and additional benefits. The policy offers many products with varying pre-written covers. These have been classified below:
- Schengen products
- Smart Traveller Schengen Silver Plan
- Smart Traveller Schengen Gold Plan
- Smart Traveller Platinum Plan
- Non-Schengen products
- Smart Traveller Basic Plan
- Smart Traveller Regular Plan
- Smart Traveller Essential Plan
- Smart Traveller Silver Plan
- Smart Traveller GoldPlan
- Annual multi-trip products:
- Smart Traveller Multi-Trip Silver Plan
- Smart Traveller Multi-Trip Gold Plan
- Smart Traveller Multi-Trip Platinum Plan
You can learn more about these plans by comparing them online by contacting Policybazaar Insurance Broker Private Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclusions under the Bharti AXA Smart Traveller Insurance for Individuals and Families
The policy offers several benefits to the insured, some of which are mentioned below:
- All the medical expenses including repatriation and emergency medical evacuation.
- Reimbursement of actual expenses in case of loss of passport, travel documents, trip delay or cancellation.
- Compensation for delay or loss of checked-in baggage.
- Cover for the home of the insured when he/she is on the trip aboard.
- Daily allowances in the cases of hospitalization.
- Provides for payment of bail amount on behalf of the insured if they are arrested or detained by the police, for any bailable offence whilst on their trip abroad.
- The policy will pay for the round trip as well as the stay expenses of an immediate family member in case of a compassionate visit. This will be offered if the insured is hospitalized for more than seven consecutive days.
- In case of delay or total loss of the insured's check-in baggage, the policy will pay for any reasonable expenses (toiletries, medication and clothing) as per the policy schedule
- The insurer will pay allowance for additional expenses cost due to a missed connection because of late arrival or cancellation of an incoming confirmed flight
- The policy will pay for the legal costs incurred by the insured towards a third party in respect of death or disablement while on a trip abroad
- Any additional costs incurred due to an emergency accommodation caused by fire, flood, an outbreak of infectious diseases etc.
Exclusions under the Bharti AXA Smart Traveller Insurance for Individuals and Families
No benefits will be offered by the insurer in case of claims arising out of the following reasons:
- Partial loss of the items contained in the checked-in-baggage.
- Travelling against the doctor's advice or seeking treatment abroad
- Loss of passport or documents whilst left unattended in a public place or not reported to police within 24 hours
- Claim arising out of terrorist activities
- Injury sustained whilst participating in hazardous activities
- Any pre-existing condition except in the case of a life-threatening situation
- Participating in professional and risky sports like mountaineering and winter sports
- Plastic or cosmetic surgery
- Medical expenses due to non-allopathic or unproven treatments
Bharti AXA Smart Traveller Insurance for Individuals and Families Eligibility Criteria
All Indian citizens, permanent residents, expatriates/foreigners with valid employment pass or work permit can buy this plan. The eligibility varies with the product variants. These have been mentioned below:
- For Non-Schengen Products, anyone between 3 months and 85 years can buy the plan
- For Schengen products, the eligible age group is limited to 60 years
- In the case of Annual multi-trip products, the eligibility is up to 70 years
- In the case of travellers between the age of 60-85 (Non-Schengen) and 60-70(Annual multi-trip), the cover will be underwritten based on the merits of their case