HDFC Ergo Private Car Insurance
The Private Car Insurance protects the car against natural disasters and also covers against theft/robbery. It also offers third party liability; when damage is done by insured car to another person’s property it is covered in the claim.
- Cashless claim facility is available over 1600+ authorized garages in India.
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) is given with added on Discount for Automobile Association Members and Discount based on age/profession.
- The policy is available Online also with no documentation procedures.
- Coverage for Vehicle depends on the manufacturer’s listed selling price less the depreciation for each year or the IDV (Insured’s declared Value).
- Loss Or Damage To The Vehicle Insured: In case of Accident/Burglary/Theft Fire, Explosion, Self Ignition, Lightning Terrorism, Riots, Strikes, rail, air or Earthquake, Flood, Storm, Landslide the car is covered.
- Liability/Legal liability from Injury/Death/property damage of a third party is covered.
- Personal Accident Cover: Provides for a mandatory Personal Accident Cover for Owner for an amount of 2 Lacs INR which covers Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability.
The premium depends on:
- Sum Insured / Insured’s Declared Value (IDV)
- Type of vehicle
- Age of the vehicle
- Place of Registration
- Fuel type (Petrol / Diesel / CNG / LPG)
No Claim Bonus:
When no claim is made or pending during the preceding years, a discount is made on the premium.
Period of Insurance
% of Discount on own damage Premium
Preceding 2 consecutive years
Preceding 3 consecutive years
Preceding 4 consecutive years
Preceding 5 consecutive years
*The above rates may vary. Please check the policy wordings for more details.
- Aging, wear and tear, Mechanical/electrical breakdown.
- Damage on account of a person driving without a valid license or under the influence of liquor or drugs.
- Loss/damage due to war, mutiny, nuclear risks or outside India.
- Damage to tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged during an accident
- Age of the Insured is between 35 years-45 years – 5 % Discount on Own Damage Section.
- Age of the Insured is between 46 years-60 years – 10 % Discount.
- 5% discount on the Own Damage Section of the policy
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
- Bharti AXA Car Insurance
- Cholamandalam Car Insurance
- Future Generali Car Insurance Plan
- HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Plans
- Liberty Car Insurance
- National Insurance Car Insurance
- New India Assurance Car Insurance
- Oriental Car Insurance
- Raheja QBE Car Insurance
- Reliance General Car Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
- SBI Car Insurance
- Shriram Car Insurance
- Tata AIG Car Insurance
- United India Car Insurance
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance
- Universal Sompo Goods Carrying Vehicle
- Universal Sompo Passenger Carrying Vehicles
- All You Should Know About Multi-Year Motor Insurance
- Here are Five Lesser Known Reasons behind the Rejection of Car Insurance Claims
- Want to Buy Car Insurance? Here are 9 Tips to Get Accurate Car Insurance Quotes
- Can you Get Car Insurance if you don't have a Driving License?
- Filing Car Insurance Claim? Here are 6 Reasons Why Your Car Insurance Claim can be Denied
- Want to Buy Car Insurance? Here is How to Select the Best Car Insurance Company in India