HDFC ERGO Critical Illness Insurance
HDFC Ergo Critical Illness Insurance Overview
This plan is suitable for people diagnosed with critical illnesses as it will help to take away your financial burdens that may arise due to medical treatments. In case of life-threatening health conditions like heart attack, cancer, etc. this plan will save you from draining your savings. Bigger cover and lower premiums and will help you avail the best treatment without any financial stress. The treatment will have little or no impact on your savings as the insurer will pay off the hospital bills.
You and your family can enjoy the additional financial security even after the diagnosis of a critical illness. The payment is made in a lump sum that can be used for treatment, care, recuperation aids, paying off debts, and loss of income.
Key Features of HDFC Ergo Critical Illness Insurance Plan
The features and benefits of this plan are listed below:
- Option to buy a one-year or a two-year plan with easy renewal options
- Safeguards your finances
- Ensures best medical treatment at some of the best hospitals
- There is a free look period of 15 days that starts from the date of receiving the policy documents
Coverage Provided in HDFC Ergo Critical Illness Insurance Plan
The plan covers the following medical expenses:
- Nearly 15 critical Illnesses are covered
- 2 Plan variants are available
- The payment is made in a lump sum in a single transaction
- Lifetime policy renewability
- A medical check-up is only required for people above 45 years
- Tax exemption benefits up to Rs. 50,000
- The sum insured options range from Rs. 5 lacs Rs. 7.5 lacs to Rs. 10 Lacs.
- Cashless treatment option in more than 9000 network hospitals
Types of HDFC Ergo Critical Illness Insurance Plan
|Critical Illness Insurance Plans|
|Silver Plan||Platinum Plan|
|Heart Attack||Heart Attack|
|Multiple Sclerosis||Multiple Sclerosis|
|Kidney failure||Kidney failure|
|Major Organ Transplantation||Major Organ Transplantation|
|Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery||Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery|
|Cancer||Benign Brain Tumour|
|Heart Valve Replacement|
|Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension|
|Aorta Graft Surgery|
|End Stage Liver Disease|
Survival Period: The critical illness plan by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance requires a survival period of minimum of 30 days if diagnosed with any critical illness. Any claims arising after a waiting period of 90 days shall not be covered
Exclusions of HDFC Ergo Critical Illness Insurance Plan
Following medical expenses will not be covered under this plan:
- The plan will not cover any expenses incurred due to an accident resulting from involvement in adventure sports
- It will also not cover accidents while the insured is participating in defense operations
- Self-imposed injuries are also not covered
- Sexually transmitted diseases or venereal diseases are not covered.
- Injuries incurred during disastrous events like war and rebellion are not covered
- Obesity treatment and cosmetic surgeries are not covered in this plan
To file an HDFC Ergo Critical Illness Insurance Plan you need to register your request on their helpline numbers. Upon intimation, your claim request will be registered and you will get a unique claim reference number. The same will be communicated to the policyholder and it will be used for all future communication.
This plan doesn’t require you to submit any documents. You can fill the details online and pay the amount via secured online payment modes. But you may need to submit the documents in case of a pre-existing illness.
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Edelweiss Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- Religare Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- What is the Grace Period in Health Insurance Plans?
- What are the Best Medical Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Diseases?
- Which is Better Health or Term Insurance?
- Can I Get Health Insurance If I am above 70 Years?
- Things to Check before Buying a Second Health Insurance Plan
- Does Family Size Impact Your Health Insurance Cost?
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator