HDFC ERGO Critical Illness Insurance
HDFC ERGO Critical Illness Overview:
HDFC Ergo’s Critical Illness is special health insurance policy that offers a lump sum payment on diagnosis of certain critical illnesses so that the policy holder can use the money for treatment of the disease. This policy offers you a cover against major illnesses which can otherwise become a drain on a family's finances. It can be bought along with the basic health policy for an enhanced coverage in worst situation. it is one of the best plan offered by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance.
Features of HDFC ERGO Critical Illness:
- The critical illness plan covers you against major ailments and treatments such as cancer, kidney failure, organ transplant, paralysis, bypass surgery, etc.
- Income tax benefit on the premium paid as per Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- Free Look Period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the Policy document to review the terms and conditions of this Policy.
- Provides a lump sum benefit to pay for Costs for the care and treatment, recuperation aids, debts pay off and also fund for a change in lifestyle.
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Critical Illness:
- The company will pay the sum insured as lump sum on first diagnosis of any one of the critical illnesses mentioned, provided the insured person survives 30 days from the first diagnosis.
- This policy allows you to choose from a wide range of plan on the basis of the sum insured; from Rs. 250,000, Rs. 500,000, Rs. 750,000 and Rs. 10, 00,000.
- Any person falling in the age group of 5 years to 45 years can be covered under this policy. Children between 5 years to 18 years would be covered only when both the parents are also insured under the policy.
- This policy also comes with tax benefits as you can avail up to Rs.15,000 as tax redemption under ‘Section 80D’. In case of senior citizens, you can avail up to Rs.20,000 as tax redemption under 'Section 80D'.
Exclusions in HDFC ERGO Critical Illness policy:
- Pre existing diseases are not covered for the first 4 years
- Treatment done in the first 30 days from the commencement of the policy, unless the treatment is done as a result of accident or emergency. This is referred to as a waiting period.
- Any illness or disease contracted due to intake of alcohol/drugs or other addictive substances will not be covered.
- The waiting period for specific conditions will be 24 months Any pre-existing condition will be covered after a waiting period of 48 months
- Any treatment which begins during waiting periods except accident related / war / intentional self injury or attempted suicide / abuse of drugs and alcohol and nicotine addiction/ sleep apnoea / treatment of obesity / maternity / psychiatric or mental disorders / congenital diseases / Conditions which arise out of HIV/AIDS / etc.
Documents Required to Buy the HDFC ERGO Critical illness Policy:
A policyholder has to fill up an ‘Application form/ proposal form’ with accurate medical history and submit it along with the address proof. Medical examination may be required in some cases, based on the sum assured and the age of the person.
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance
- LIC Jeevan Arogya Plan(Health Insurance)
- Religare Health Insurance
- Alarming! 32 Percent of Indian Population Suffers from Thyroid
- Why do Patients of Hypertension Need Health Insurance?
- Why is Health Insurance Necessary for Asthma Patients?
- Family Health Insurance vs Family Floater Plan: What to Buy?
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
- Best Family Health Insurance Plans for Expecting Parents in India