HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Gold Policy
HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Gold Policy Overview
“A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier”. Health Suraksha gold plan by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance provides an umbrella for you and your family against medical expenses. It gives you financial stability when you or your family member is hospitalized.
Key Features of HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Gold Plan
- 4800+ network hospitals to avail cashless service.
- It covers pre and post hospitalization expenses.
- 144 day care procedures (that doesn’t need 24 hours of hospitalizations) are covered under this policy.
- Domiciliary expenses (treatment taken at home in case hospital beds are not available or patient is not in a situation to visit hospital) are also covered under this policy.
Benefits of HDFC Health Suraksha Gold Plan
- Claims settlement is hassle free with less documents and turnaround time.
- Cumulative bonus: sum insured is increased by 5 % on every claim free renewal and it can be increase up to 50% on continuous claim free renewals.
- Income tax benefit can be availed under section 80D.
- Cost of health checkup up to 1% of sum insured will be paid on 4 consecutive claim free renewals.
- If two or more members are covered under individual health suraksha gold policy, then a discount of 10% can be availed on HDFC Health Insurance premium.
HDFC Health Suraksha Gold Premium Details:
- There are different sum insured available under this policy. Different sum insured options are: 3lacs, 4lacs, 5 lacs, 7.5 lacs and 10 lacs for individual policies.
- For family floater policy sum insured options are:3 lacs, 4lacs, 5 lacs, 7.5 lacs and 10 lacs.
- Premium amount will depend on the age and sum insured chosen by the proposer.
HDFC Health Suraksha Gold Policy Details
- Minimum sum insured: Rs 3, 00,000
- Maximum sum insured: Rs 10, 00,000
- Policy period: Proposer can either choose one year or two year as policy period.
- Free look period: If the policy holder is not happy with the terms and conditions of policy, he/she can cancel the policy giving the reason for cancellation of policy.
- Documents Required: Policyholder has to fill up an ‘Application form/ proposal form’ with accurate medical history along with the address proof. Medical examination may be required in some cases, based on the sum insured and the age of the person. No medical checkup is required for a person of 45 years of age.
Eligibility Criteria To Buy HDFC Health Suraksha Gold
- Children above 5 years can be covered provided their parents are also covered under this policy.
- There is no limit at age of entry.
Inclusions in Health Suraksha Gold Plan By HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
Emergency Ambulance (Limit per hospitalization)
Up to Rs. 2,000 for SI 300000,400000,500000 &Up toRs. 3500 for SI 750000 & 1000000 reimbursed as ambulance expense during an emergency
Maternity with Waiting Period of 4 Years
Expenses related to Normal Delivery Rs 15,000 & LSCS Rs 25,000/Termination Rs 15,000
Reimburses 1% of Sum Insured or Rs. 5000 whichever is less.
Hospitalization costs due to illness or accident are covered up to the Policy Sum Insured.
Expense for the medical expenses for Room rent, boarding expenses, Nursing, Intensive care unit, Medical Practitioner, Anesthesia, blood, oxygen, operation theatre charges, surgical appliances, Medicines, drugs and consumables, Diagnostic procedures.
Pre and post hospitalization
Medical costs incurred during 60 days prior to hospitalization and 90 days post hospitalization are reimbursed
New Born Baby
Covers In patient medical expenses of the new born baby within 90 days after the birth.
If the period of hospitalization has exceeded 10 consecutive and continuous days, then We will pay a lump-sum amount towards convalescence , Maximum 1 % of Sum Insured and up to Rs 10,000 only
Exclusions in Health Suraksha Gold Plan BY HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- A waiting period of 30 days for claims, other than bodily injury.
- Expenses incurred for tonsils, surgery are not covered for the first two years of policy period.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after 48 months of continuous coverage from the company.
- Claims for diseases like sexually transmitted diseases, mental disorders and vaccination are not covered.
- Terrorism, war and radioactivity are not covered.
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- L&T Health Insurance
- Liberty Videocon Health Insurance
- LIC Jeevan Arogya Plan(Health Insurance)
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- Religare Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Group Health Insurance: When You Know You are in Safe Hands
- How Family Health Plan Can Keep You Out of Trouble
- A Family Health Plan: Is It a Decisive Choice?
- Be a Smart Brother; Gift your Sister a Health Insurance Policy This Rakhi
- Why you shouldn't include Parents in Your Family Health Insurance Policy
- How to Make Health Insurance a Perfect Deal for your Entire Family