- This Policy offers a comprehensive cover for the home at an affordable cost and covers most of the liabilities. It not only takes care of your home structure, but also its contents.
- For Individuals residing in flats/independent houses (external walls are of burnt bricks/ stone/ concrete blocks and RCC/ RBC/ tiles/ ACC roof).
- Policy is allowed for house/flat owners only
- A single policy with Zero documentation and online facility.
- Coverage up to 15 years and discount subject to maximum of 50%.
- Fire and Special Perils: This covers the home and contents against Fire, Lightning, Explosion/Implosion, Riot, and Strike, damage due to Terrorist, Storm, Flood, Earthquake, Volcanic Eruption and other disasters.
- The sum insured for the structure of the house is calculated on the Reinstatement Value. The home insurance policy will calculate reconstruction cost based on two parameters which are mentioned below:
- Built Up Area of the House (Square Feet) and
- Cost of Construction in your area / locality
- Voluntary destruction of property
- Loss/damage due to depreciation/ wear and tear/Nuclear weapons etc.
- Expenses on account of war, invasion, military or related reasons.
- Co-operative societies are barred from long term cover.
- Property Under construction is barred from coverage.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 06 September 2016