HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance
Travelling has evolved as a passion over the years. It is considered as one of the most enthralling experiences for a larger chunk of millennials today. This is in addition to millions of people travelling abroad to spend vacations, conduct businesses and study in some of the world’s best universities. If we talk specifically about business travellers and entrepreneurs, travelling to different countries have been an indispensable part of their lives. Many a time, they are required to travel multiple times in a year. This makes them more prone to facing a mid-journey eventuality that has the potential to cause major monetary losses. What if your bag containing important business and travel documents gets stolen or you miss your connecting flight due to an inward flight delay? The only way to tackle such situations effectively is by purchasing a multi-trip travel insurance policy.
A multi-trip travel insurance policy is the protection that guards an insured traveller against any uncertainties that he may encounter while travelling abroad. And what can be a better policy for frequent flyers than the HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy? This Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy by HDFC ERGO protects and provides assistance to the insured traveller against any medical, financial or travel-related emergencies faced during the policy tenure. Some of the most basic coverage provided under this policy includes medical expenses, loss of check-in baggage, flight delay, accidental death cover, hotel extension, personal liability and many more.
This international travel insurance policy by HDFC ERGO covers individuals travelling worldwide. It is valid for a period of 365 days or one year. The HDFC ERGO policy is available in two plan variants - Gold and Platinum. The extent of coverage offered to the insured traveller varies according to the type of plan he decides to buy.
Features of HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance Policy
The Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy by HDFC ERGO comes with several lucrative features. Given below are some of the most interesting features of HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy:
Multiple Sum Insured Options
This Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy by HDFC ERGO is available for Rs 2,50,000 as well as Rs 5,00,000.
The HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy comes with a validity of 365 days or 12 months.
No medical check-ups
In order to buy this policy by HDFC ERGO, you do not need to get any medical check-up done irrespective of what your age is.
Vast network of hospitals
HDFC ERGO boasts of a wide network of hospitals across the globe. Thus, you can get admitted at any of these hospitals no matter which part of the world you are travelling to.
Cashless Treatment Facility
HDFC ERGO will provide you with cashless treatment facility if you get admitted in one of their network hospitals to get medical treatment during your overseas trip.
This HDFC ERGO policy provides 24x7 travel assistance with the help of more than 8 lakh service providers spread across the globe.
Why Choose HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance Policy?
The HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy is one of the best policies for frequent flyers. To help you understand why should you buy this multi-trip travel insurance policy by HDFC ERGO, we have listed a few of its qualities:
- This policy by HDFC ERGO will cover you for endless overseas trips for a period of one year. However, the policy will not be valid for more than 45 days during one single trip.
- You can easily renew the HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy eliminating the need for extending the policy.
- HDFC ERGO has an in-house claim settlement team that allows for faster and more efficient settlement of the claim.
- Although the validity for Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy by HDFC ERGO is for one year, you can choose to pay for only the total number of days you travel.
- No applicant of this international travel insurance policy by HDFC ERGO has to undergo a medical check-up before buying the policy.
- In case of an emergency, HDFC ERGO can provide travel assistance at any time of the day as its service providers offer 24x7 services.
Eligibility Criteria to Buy HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance Policy
Any person can apply for the HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy. Whether you travel frequently due to business commitments or love to take multiple vacations in a year, you can apply for this policy by HDFC ERGO.
However, the applicants must suffice the minimum age criteria for applying to this international travel insurance policy by HDFC ERGO. As per the eligibility criteria, only people between the age of 18 years and 70 years are eligible to apply for HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy.
HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance Policy Coverage
HDFC Ergo travel insurance provides extensive coverage to all travellers insured under the Annual Multi-Trip Insurance plan. Take a look at the various covers offered by this international travel insurance plan by HDFC ERGO:
Emergency medical treatment expenses including hospitalization charges, physician’s fee, surgical treatment and anaesthetic service fee
Cost of emergency dental relief treatment
Medical evacuation to a hospital via air or road ambulance
Daily hospital cash allowance
Repatriation of medical and body remains back to home country
Accidental death cover
Permanent disablement cover
Loss of baggage and personal documents cover
Loss of check-in baggage by the airline with which you were travelling
Delay in the arrival of check-in baggage by the airline with which you were travelling
Personal liability cover
Financial emergency assistance in case of robbery or theft
Distress allowance for flight hijack
Any expenses incurred due to flight delay will be covered
Accidental death (common carrier)
Accidental permanent disablement (common carrier)
Extension of hotel accommodation in case of a medical emergency
HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance Policy Exclusions
There are certain situations that are not covered by the Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy by HDFC ERGO. Take a look at the list of exclusions where HDFC ERGO does not provide any coverage:
Any illness or disease caused due to breach of law or war-like situation will not be covered
Treatment expenses arising out of pre-existing diseases of illnesses
Any claims related to consumption of liquor, intoxicants or banned substances will not be included
Cost of undergoing surgery or treatment for obesity or cosmetics shall not be entertained
No claims arising out of self-inflicted injuries, including suicide or an attempt to suicide, will be covered
In case of an injury caused due to participation in any adventure sports, the cost of treatment will be excluded
HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Trip Insurance Policy FAQs
1. Who are the travel assistance partners for Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy for HDFC ERGO?
Allianz Worldwide provides travel assistance to the people insured under the Annual Multi-Trip plan by HDFC ERGO. Their network is spread over 8 lakh service providers that are available for assistance 24x7.
2. How can I buy the Annual Multi-Trip Insurance by HDFC ERGO?
Anyone can buy the Annual Multi-Trip Insurance by HDFC ERGO online, provided your age is between 18 years and 70 years. In order to buy this frequent flyer travel insurance policy online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- Select ‘Travel Insurance’
- Select ‘Frequent Flyers Insurance’
- Go to ‘Buy Now’
- Select ‘Individual International Travel’ and enter the age of the traveller
- Choose the option of travelling multiple times a year
- Enter your travel dates
- Enter your personal details
- Make the payment towards the policy premium
- You will receive the policy document in your mail
3. Can a family together buy this frequent flyers travel insurance policy by HDFC ERGO?
No. The Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy by HDFC ERGO can be purchased by individuals only and is not available as a family floater plan.
4. Does Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy by HDFC ERGO have any geographic coverage restriction?
No. This frequent flyers insurance policy by HDFC ERGO provides coverage to the insured travelling worldwide. Only travel to the UN sanction countries including Iran, Sudan and Iraq amongst others are excluded under this policy.
5. Is OPD treatment covered under this travel insurance policy by HDFC ERGO?
Yes. HDFC ERGO reimburses the expenses incurred on OPD treatment under this travel insurance policy.
6. Can I extend my Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy by HDFC ERGO?
Yes. You can extend the Annual Multi-Trip Insurance policy by HDFC ERGO by renewing the policy before its expiry. However, the total policy period along with the extensions should not be more than 360 days.
- Aditya Birla Travel Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
- Cholamandalam Travel Insurance
- Digit Travel Insurance
- Future Generali Travel Insurance
- HDFC ERGO General Travel Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- National Insurance Travel Insurance
- New India Assurance Travel Insurance
- Oriental Travel Insurance
- Reliance Travel Insurance
- Religare Travel Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- SBI Travel Insurance
- Shriram Travel Insurance
- Star Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- United India Travel Insurance
- Universal Sompo Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance and Coronavirus: All You Need To Know About Covid-19
- What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
- Coronavirus Travel Advisory: All you Need to Know!
- Discover the Best of Australia With Visitor Insurance Australia
- Is Visitor Insurance Canada Missing On Your Travel Itinerary for Canada?
- Visitor Insurance USA
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator
- Travel Insurance USA
- Travel Insurance Malaysia
- Travel Insurance UK
- Travel Insurance Australia
- Travel Insurance Sri Lanka
- Travel Insurance Canada
- Travel Insurance Singapore
- Travel Insurance Japan
- Travel Insurance UAE
- Travel Insurance Germany
- Travel Insurance Hong Kong
- Travel Insurance Dubai
- Travel Insurance Thailand