TATA AIG Income Guard Policy
This policy is a Personal Accidental Plan and covers Accidental Death/Dismemberment, Permanent Total Loss of Use. It is simple and affordable and also comes with a “Triple shield” benefit.
- Minimum age- 18 years and maximum- 70 years.
- Lifetime renewal facility.
- Insured person’s nominee will receive the Principal Sum Assured
- In case of an accidental death of an Insured person 17 years or less, the maximum sum payable is 10% of the Sum Insured
Accidental Dismemberment (Including Loss of Sight or Hearing):
- Insured person will receive an amount as applicable if injury results in a loss as mentioned.
- If there is more than one loss, from an accident, only one amount, the largest will be paid.
Permanent Total Loss of Use
- A percentage of the Sum Insured(loss has continued for 12 consecutive months and is total, continuous and permanent at the end of the period) is paid. If there is more than one loss, from an accident, only one amount, the largest will be paid.
- Tuition Benefit:
- Up to a, maximum of 10% of Sum Insured or the actual tuition fee of the institution, whichever is lower is borne for the children as a result of accidental death.
Home alteration and vehicle modification benefit:
- If an Individual suffers one of the following Injuries listed (Accidental Dismemberment and Paralysis Coverage Section) expenses incurred for a wheelchair are covered.
Subject to a maximum of 365 days from the date of the Accident, not less than 150 kilometres from place of residence, the actual expenses for burial or cremation and transportation of the body to place of residence up to a limit of 5,000 INR would be borne.
In case of hospitalisation outside 150 kms of residence, and within 365 days of the accident; expenses of transportation of immediate family member is borne subject to maximum of 25000 INR.
*The above rates may change. Please check the policy wordings for more details.
- Lifelong renewability: no maximum cover ceasing age in this policy
- Grace Period of 30 days for renewing the policy, waiting periods as mentioned in the policy wording gets reduced by 1 year on every continuous renewal.
- Sum Insured Enhancement: Any change in benefits or premium (other than due to change in age) will be done with the approval of the IRDA and will be intimated at least 3 months in advance at the time of renewal.
Free Look Period:
- A period of 15 days after date of receipt of policy to review terms and conditions during which insured can cancel it with due refunds.
- If the insured wishes to migrate to another Insurer towards renewal, he can draft an application at least 45 days before the date of renewal.
- Expenses due to suicide/ self-inflicted injury, sexually transmitted diseases, mental/nervous disorder, anxiety or depression, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Human Immune deficiency Virus (HIV) infection
- Injuries due to involvement in war, invasion or terrorist activity involvement.
- Participation in winter sports, sky diving, scuba diving or related sport activities.
- Accidents due to involvement with related to aircraft, or as a member of the crew.
- Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Exposure to radioactive substances or diseases due to intoxication.
- Apollo Munich Personal Accident
- Bajaj Allianz Personal Accident
- Bharti AXA Personal Accident
- Cholamandalam Personal Accident
- Future Generali Personal Accident
- HDFC Ergo Personal Accident
- IFFCO Tokio Personal Accident
- Max Bupa Personal Accident
- National Insurance Personal Accident
- New India Assurance Personal Accident
- Oriental Insurance Personal Accident
- Raheja QBE Personal Accident
- Reliance General Personal Accident
- Royal Sundaram Personal Accident
- SBI General Personal Accident
- Shriram General Personal Accident
- Tata AIG Personal Accident
- United India Personal Accident
- Universal Sompo Personal Accident
- What is the Grace Period in Health Insurance Plans?
- What are the Best Medical Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Diseases?
- Which is Better Health or Term Insurance?
- Can I Get Health Insurance If I am above 70 Years?
- Things to Check before Buying a Second Health Insurance Plan
- Does Family Size Impact Your Health Insurance Cost?
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator