- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
5 Reasons Why Car Claim Gets Rejected?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3406 -
Modified 11 January 2019
Rejections are never easy to take! And when it is about car claim rejection it is even worse for it destabilizes your financial equilibrium. My advice: Stay away from the situations which might lead to car claim rejection. Nip in the reasons in the bud itself.
1. Filling a Fraudulent Claim
If you're making a claim, be sure to include all relevant information of the accident, and avoid exaggerating the damages, to stay away from the legal consequences of fraud.
Filling a fraudulent claim not only leads to claim rejection but can also have serious legal consequences too. On the contrary, you could also be liable to pay the insurer for extra costs spent in investigating the fraud.
2. Keeping Quite About Modifications
Don’t try to hide anything from insurance company while buying motor insurance. If you make any modification in your car’s body, such as engine upgrade, addition of alloys, etc. then let your insurer know. Any claim you make could be turned down if the insurer finds out that any discrepancy in information.
3. Breaching Policy Conditions
Most policies spell out exactly how you are covered, and against what. If you had bought a car insurance policy for your personal use and you are using it for commercial purposes, e.g. taxi service, then your insurance claims may be rejected. If you intend to use your car for commercial purposes, then you should buy a commercial car insurance policy.
4. Not Reporting About the Accident on Time
If you delay reporting an accident to your car, your insurance claim may be rejected. Normally, insurers allow a 48 hours window for accident to be reported. Some insurers may allow some relaxation in the time frame during which accidents can be reported, but beyond a certain time limit, needless to say it may lead to rejection.
5. Relying on a Lapsed Policy
Watch out for this, as one missed premium payment can jeopardize your whole coverage. It is extremely important that you pay premium on time and also renew your policy timely. Opt for sms or email reminders to keep you on top of things.
Let’s pledge to comply by all these rules and never face any claim rejection, ever.
- Most Read
- Are You Selling Your Car? Here's How You Should Transfer Your Insurance Policy and Other Documents
Date: 16 January 2019
- Is It Important to Claim Motor Insurance on Time?
Date: 14 January 2019
- Why Did My Car Insurance Go up When I had No Claims?
Date: 04 January 2019
- All You Should Know About Multi-Year Motor Insurance
Date: 30 October 2018
- Here are Five Lesser Known Reasons behind the Rejection of Car Insurance Claims
Date: 24 October 2018
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 295899
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 233507
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 207109
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
Views : 201226
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Views : 193682