- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
We promise limited calls
5 Reasons Why Car Claim Gets Rejected?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2582 -
Modified 16 November 2016
Rejections are never easy to take! And when it is about car claim rejection it is even worse for it destabilizes your financial equilibrium. My advice: Stay away from the situations which might lead to car claim rejection. Nip in the reasons in the bud itself.
1. Filling a Fraudulent Claim
If you're making a claim, be sure to include all relevant information of the accident, and avoid exaggerating the damages, to stay away from the legal consequences of fraud.
Filling a fraudulent claim not only leads to claim rejection but can also have serious legal consequences too. On the contrary, you could also be liable to pay the insurer for extra costs spent in investigating the fraud.
2. Keeping Quite About Modifications
Don’t try to hide anything from insurance company while buying motor insurance. If you make any modification in your car’s body, such as engine upgrade, addition of alloys, etc. then let your insurer know. Any claim you make could be turned down if the insurer finds out that any discrepancy in information.
3. Breaching Policy Conditions
Most policies spell out exactly how you are covered, and against what. If you had bought a car insurance policy for your personal use and you are using it for commercial purposes, e.g. taxi service, then your insurance claims may be rejected. If you intend to use your car for commercial purposes, then you should buy a commercial car insurance policy.
4. Not Reporting About the Accident on Time
If you delay reporting an accident to your car, your insurance claim may be rejected. Normally, insurers allow a 48 hours window for accident to be reported. Some insurers may allow some relaxation in the time frame during which accidents can be reported, but beyond a certain time limit, needless to say it may lead to rejection.
5. Relying on a Lapsed Policy
Watch out for this, as one missed premium payment can jeopardize your whole coverage. It is extremely important that you pay premium on time and also renew your policy timely. Opt for sms or email reminders to keep you on top of things.
Let’s pledge to comply by all these rules and never face any claim rejection, ever.
- Most Read
- Does Your Sports Car Need Auto Insurance?
Date: 15 January 2018
- How to Avoid Being Fooled at the Time of Buying Bike Insurance
Date: 15 January 2018
- Here’s How You can Shop for an Affordable Car Insurance Plan
Date: 10 January 2018
- Consider IDV at the Time of Buying Bike Insurance
Date: 09 January 2018
- Know Up to What Limit Third-Party Car Insurance is Offered!
Date: 08 January 2018
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 224585
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 147180
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 141558
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 122907
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 98470