- Save up to 80%*
- Compare 20+ insurers
- 25 lakh+ vehicles insured
Rejections are never easy to take! And when it is about car claim rejection it is even worse for it destabilizes your financial equilibrium. My advice: Stay away from the situations which might lead to car claim rejection. Nip in the reasons in the bud itself.
1. Filling a Fraudulent Claim
If you're making a claim, be sure to include all relevant information of the accident, and avoid exaggerating the damages, to stay away from the legal consequences of fraud.
Filling a fraudulent claim not only leads to claim rejection but can also have serious legal consequences too. On the contrary, you could also be liable to pay the insurer for extra costs spent in investigating the fraud.
2. Keeping Quite About Modifications
Don’t try to hide anything from insurance company while buying motor insurance. If you make any modification in your car’s body, such as engine upgrade, addition of alloys, etc. then let your insurer know. Any claim you make could be turned down if the insurer finds out that any discrepancy in information.
3. Breaching Policy Conditions
Most policies spell out exactly how you are covered, and against what. If you had bought a car insurance policy for your personal use and you are using it for commercial purposes, e.g. taxi service, then your insurance claims may be rejected. If you intend to use your car for commercial purposes, then you should buy a commercial car insurance policy.
4. Not Reporting About the Accident on Time
If you delay reporting an accident to your car, your insurance claim may be rejected. Normally, insurers allow a 48 hours window for accident to be reported. Some insurers may allow some relaxation in the time frame during which accidents can be reported, but beyond a certain time limit, needless to say it may lead to rejection.
5. Relying on a Lapsed Policy
Watch out for this, as one missed premium payment can jeopardize your whole coverage. It is extremely important that you pay premium on time and also renew your policy timely. Opt for sms or email reminders to keep you on top of things.
Let’s pledge to comply by all these rules and never face any claim rejection, ever.
- Most Read
- Getting Your Duplicate Car Insurance Policy is Easy-Here’s How!
Date: 20 June 2019
- Car Insurance Add on Covers that are Crucial
Date: 12 June 2019
- Role of Return to Invoice Cover in Car Insurance!
Date: 07 June 2019
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care Number
Date: 07 June 2019
- How to Download TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy and Claim Form
Date: 04 June 2019
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 332218
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Coverage & Features
Views : 271411
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 247033
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
Views : 203368
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Views : 195266
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator