Features of Maruti Car Insurance
Maruti Suzuki is one of the most reputed, popular, and reliable automotive brands in India. The automobile giant enjoys this reputation due to its best-in-class services, available for every income group available across the nation. Following are some of the best features of a car insurance plan from the Indian automotive giant:
- Cashless repairs Pan-India: With Maruti Suzuki's vast network of partner garages and service stations across India, making convenient cashless claims becomes a dream come true. The policyholder is not required to pay the cost of the repair and is only required to pay the compulsory excess and charged depreciation. Every other invoice is settled directly by the company with the garage.
- Transparent claim settlement process: Policyholders can expect a completely fair claim settlement process with Maruti car insurance given their vast network of cashless garages, surveyors, and reliable services.
- Quality service: With Maruti Suzuki's high-quality after-sales service, policyholders can experience the best-in-class quality customer experience. Vehicles are only repaired at Maruti Suzuki authorized service centers with state-of-the-art services.
- Towing facility: Policyholders get assisted towing facility in case of an accident. MSIL dealers tow the immobile vehicle to the nearest partner garage for making the necessary repairs.
Benefits of Buying Maruti Car Insurance
Following are the benefits of owing Maruti Car Insurance:
- Peace of mind: It gives happiness knowing that you are financially secure while driving on the road. Unforeseen mishaps can arrive at any time leading to unplanned financial and legal liabilities. Having car insurance keeps us secured against such liabilities, hence, allows us to drive stress-free.
- Legal mandate: Alongside being covered against unforeseen liabilities, you will also be fulfilling the legal mandate of having valid motor insurance while driving on Indian roads.
- Own-damage: In case you have opted for a comprehensive car insurance package, you get are also covered for any unplanned cost of repairs for your car arising due to road accidents.
- Personal accident coverage: In India, it is mandatory to opt for a personal accident cover irrespective of the type of car insurance planyou have purchased. A personal accident cover provides coverage for the owner-driver in case of an accident, providing compensation to deal with unforeseen mishaps.
Add-on Covers You Can Buy Under Maruti Car Insurance
Add-on covers enhance the overall coverage of comprehensive car insurance by providing extended protection under various circumstances. You can opt for add-on covers at the time of purchasing or renewing Maruti car insurance. by paying an additional premium amount. Following are the most commonly bought add-on covers with Maruti car insurance:
- Return to invoice cover
- Engine protection cover
- Zero depreciation cover
- Outstation emergency cover
- Tyre protection cover
- No claim bonus cover
- Key replacement cover
- Passenger cover
Please note that add-on covers increase the premium amount, hence, increasing the cost of car insurance. If you wish to know about the premium amount after including your preferred add-on covers, you can estimate car insurance using an online car insurance calculator available at the official website of Policy Bazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited.
What is Not Covered Under Maruti Car Insurance?
Here are the conditions under which Maruti car insurance will not provide cover.
- Loss or damage caused to the car during commercial use or any kind of race.
- Loss or damage caused to the car during a war or because of any nuclear activity.
- Loss or damage caused to the car outside India.
- Loss or damage caused to the car if the driver is found driving the car under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Driving with a valid driving license.
- Depreciation of the car’s parts.
- Regular wear and tear of the car.
- Electrical/Mechanical breakdown.
- Any kind of fraudulent claim raised.
- If the car is used in illegal activities.
Without a valid car insurance policy, you are not allowed to drive in India as the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 makes it compulsory to carry car insurance while driving on Indian roads. Understandably, not everyone can afford a comprehensive car insurance policy. For this reason, you can also opt for third-party car insurance if you want to abide by the law and also drive your car peacefully.
Having said that, while carrying valid car insurance is vital, it is also important to drive responsibly. Make sure that you follow all traffic signals, drive under the speed limit, and do not drive while under the influence of intoxicating substances to mitigate the possibility of road accidents.