From which Company Can I Buy the Cheapest Car Insurance in India?
Many insurance companies provide car insurance policies but purchasing the right one at the right price depends on the approach you take while purchasing it. However, certain factors determine the cost of a car insurance policy and help to choose cheap car insurance that provides enough coverage to the policyholder. Read on to learn about them.
Factors that Determine Your Car Insurance Price
1. Driving Records
The insurance providers take your driving history and claim records into consideration. If you have a history of being involved in road accidents, and violating traffic rules or receiving any tickets then car insurance companies take these things into consideration while determining the car insurance premium amount.
Also, if your car insurance shows frequent registration of claims, then also the insurer will presume that you will are more likely to raise claim in the future. This will eventually reflect in your car insurance price. On the other hand, maintaining a clean driving and claim history will help you avail the benefit of No-claim-bonus.
2. Car Age and Coverage
Another important factor is your car’s age. All the insurance companies take it into consideration while calculating the final car insurance price. If you want to minimize your out-of-pocket expenses; it is recommended that you buy a comprehensive car insurance policy. To enhance the policy coverage benefits and especially for new cars a comprehensive car insurance is the safest option.
3. Type of Car and its Features
The type of car you own is an important factor in determining policy coverage and its premium amount. You can get cheap car insurance for base model cars but for luxury cars the premium is usually on a higher side because of the cost involved in repair and replacement of parts, and their availability. For example, the car insurance premium of Diesel cars is higher than Petrol cars.
Some insurance providers also take into consideration if you have safety features installed in your car. Installation of car safety accessories can reduce your policy premium.
Check your car insurance policy for deductibles. It is the cost that you need to pay at the time of claim and the rest is paid by the insurance company. Once you enter the deductible percentage in the car insurance premium calculator, the policy premium automatically reduces.
You can also opt for higher deductibles to reduce your car insurance premium price if you can bear a certain percentage of the claim.
Check out the Car Insurance Prices from Different Motor Insurance Companies in India
Let us have a look at how the premium of the same car varies for different car insurance providers due to the factors involved. The below table shows the list of vehicle insurance companies offering a 1- year standard comprehensive car insurance policy for a brand new Swift Diesel VDI (1248cc) registered in New Delhi, India:
|Car Insurance Company||Insured Declared Value (IDV) in (Rs.)||Zero Depreciation Add-on (Rs.)||Third Paryt Insurance (Rs.)||Estimated Car Insurance Premium (Rs.) Without Zero Dep||Estimated Car Insurance Premium (Rs.)|
|Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance||2,99,477||3,409||3,221||7,148||10,557|
|Bharti AXA Car Insurance||2,90,832||2,036||3,221||7,422||9,458|
|Cholamandalam Car Insurance||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Digit Car Insurance||3,39,360||2,376||3,221||7,677||10,053|
|Edelweiss Car Insurance||3,36,940||1,516||3,221||7,646||9,162|
|Future Generali Car Insurance||2,51,450||1,634||3,221||9,891||11,525|
|HDFC Ergo Car Insurance||3,82,247||2,676||3,221||8,242||10,918|
|IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance||3,36,300||2,534||3,221||9,224||11,758|
|Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance||N/A||N/A||3,221||N/A||N/A|
|Liberty Car Insurance||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|National Car Insurance||N/A||N/A||3,221||N/A||N/A|
|New India Assurance Car Insurance||3,42,090||2,395||3,221||5,319||7,714|
|Oriental Car Insurance||2,90,369||2,336||3,221||5,613||7,949|
|Raheja QBE Car Insurance||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Reliance General Car Insurance||3,27,344||2,455||3,221||5,065||7,520|
|Royal Sundaram Car Insurance||3,01,472||2,578||3,221||4,602||7,180|
|SBI Car Insurance||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Shriram Car Insurance||3,43,606||3,951||3,221||13,216||17,167|
|Tata AIG Car Insurance||3,29,490||1,812||3,221||4,870||6,682|
|United India Car Insurance||2,39,580||2,360||3,221||4,336||6,696|
|Universal Sompo Car Insurance||3,81,781||3,245||3,221||4,990||8,235|
Disclaimer : *Policybazaar does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurer or insurance product offered by an insurer.
(The above figures are for reference purposes only. Car insurance premiums vary from one insurer to another since car make and model, IDV, manufacturing year, add-on coverage, policy type, etc. Your discretion is required at the time of purchase.)
Other Factors that Determine Your Car Insurance Price
The geographical location also affects the car insurance premium. The car insurance provider evaluates the pattern of weather, crime rate, and the severity of claims in your area and the risk it can impose. The higher the risk, the more will be the premium and vice versa.
The purpose of using your car will also decide cheap car insurance policy premium or not. Whether the insured car will be used for commercial purposes or personal purposes, this needs to be disclosed to the insurer. Misinformation can also lead to the rejection of claims in the future.
You can get additional benefits to enhance your car insurance policy coverage. It includes additional benefits like zero depreciation, emergency roadside assistance, etc. And if you opt for these benefits the premium slightly increases but your out-of-pocket expenses also become negligible.
Use Car Insurance Premium Calculator
To find cheap car insurance in India, it is a smart option to calculate your car insurance premium online using a car insurance premium calculator. To estimate car insurance, you need to submit the following details -
- Year of Manufacturing
- Make and Model of the car
- Car Model Details
And the rest of the details will follow.
Last and most important do not forget to compare all the options before you make the purchase.
Top 10 Cheap Car Insurance Tips
- Compare car insurance quotes before buying. You can easily do this through Policybazaar.com. Typically you can save up to 55% on your insurance premium hence a cheap car insurance for you
- Compare both prices and features.
- IDV: This is the maximum money you can get in case of total loss. To reduce your premium your agent can reduce this amount.
- Voluntary excess: Say in case of an accident, you opt to pay for the first 5 thousand rupees. Then this amount can be reduced from your premium. But there can be a problem if your agent does this without informing you. This is what happens quite a bit, so watch out.
- No claims bonus: Please ensure you get the right no-claims bonus. In case you take more than you are entitled to, your claim if any may not be processed.
- Your cover note: This is valid for the first 60 days, after that you must get the final policy document. If you do not receive this, you may not be insured. Please ensure your broker/agent provides you with this
- Cashless: Do not get over-excited by this. Most companies have a cashless settlement process with multiple partners in every city. A broker can guide you regarding which companies have a cashless settlement tie-up with which company, and garage.
- Always buy insurance from an insurance broker. Ask for the broker’s license number and cross-check it on the IRDA website. These brokers are paid the same amount irrespective of the company’s policy they sell. So they are not biased to any particular insurance company. An Insurance agent on the other hand can sell policy of just one company and hence will always push that company and its benefits.
- You can get additional personal accident Insurance for passengers and drivers. This is a great way to insure people who travel in the vehicle with you.
- Be truthful in your declarations on the proposal form. This will ensure that your genuine claims will be paid.
- There is a lot of misinformation in the market. So get everything in writing or cross-check it on a reputed website like policybazaar.com.
- Always drive safely. Never drive under the influence of alcohol. Over time this will reduce your premium while covering the risk.
If you are looking for a cheap car insurance policy in India, well do not just go by the premium if you want to enjoy comprehensive coverage benefits. While driving your vehicle various risks can arise and an adequate car insurance plan can save you from the troubles that may arise. Therefore, it is suggested that even when choosing the cheapest car insurance policy, do not compromise on selecting the coverage benefits.
- Transferring Car Insurance from One Person to Another
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 25 August 2022 -
- 297529 Views
Transferring Car Insurance from One Person to Another An integral part of selling a car, for both the buyer and the seller, is ensuring a successful car insurance transfer to the new owner. But sadly, most people have...read more
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 29 July 2021 -
- 218227 Views
9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You Due to the dangerous driving conditions, it is compulsory to have third party insurance for every vehicle plying on Indian roads. It ensures the overall saf...read more
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 27 August 2021 -
- 203071 Views
Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners After a dream home, a dream car is your second-largest purchase that you make in your lifetime. But the expense does not cease when you drive off the car dealer's lot. Read mor...read more
- Difference Between Comprehensive Insurance and Third Party Insurance
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 25 August 2022 -
- 171744 Views
Difference Between Comprehensive Insurance and Third Party Insurance Comprehensive insurance is insurance coverage that pays for the repair or replacement of vehicle damages resulting from an incident. Comprehensive ca...read more
- Types of Motor Insurance
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 26 June 2021 -
- 123966 Views
Types of Motor Insurance The word Motor broadly covers a lot of classes of vehicles plying on the roads. These may be two-wheelers like scooters and motorbikes, three-wheelers or four wheelers like private cars, jeeps, ...read more
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.
Car insurance articles
21 Sep 2022Are you also worried about high motor insurance premium rates?...
12 Sep 2022As per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, every car owner must possess...
24 Aug 2022Buying a car insurance policy is one of the best ways to protect...
23 Aug 2022Electric cars are known as the future of the automotive industry....
05 Aug 2022In India, car enthusiasts love to modify their cars with...