- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
We promise limited calls
Does Your Sports Car Need Auto Insurance?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1279 -
Modified 15 January 2018
When only bankrollers can afford them, there are people for whom buying sports car always a dream! However, owing to the sky-high cost of one, people think for several times before purchasing one as it is a lifetime affair and you can’t take any risk.
So, if you are planning to purchase one, you can’t avoid the possible risk factors associated with it. While these cars perform exceptionally well, their maintenance is equally expensive. Even a small damage may cost in lakhs and cause you a huge monetary drain. But even these cars can be covered by car insurance which takes care of all unplanned expenses related to your sports car.
In this article, we will discuss how you can cover your prized possession with a car insurance plan. But before going to the insurance plans, let’s have a look at some of the sports cars that are trending in the market.
Top Sports Cars
- Ford Mustang GT - Counted among the classiest cars in the world, this car has a 3-litre engine, cruise control, seat-side and knee airbags, six-speed manual transmission, an occupancy sensor, and other features to protect you while you drive.
- Porsche Cayman - The features of Porsche Cayman are almost same as the Ford Mustang. The only difference is that it comes with 20 inches aluminium wheels.
- Chevrolet Corvette - An engine with a capacity of 6.2-litre with an intercooled supercharger is an added feature in this car. The other features include anti-lock brakes, airbags, a seven-speed manual transmission etc.
- Mercedes-Benz AMG GT - This car has a 4-litre engine capacity with twin turbo.
- Lamborghini Huracan - With two doors and two seats, this is considered to be the top sports car that people dream of purchasing.
- Nissan GT-R - It has an engine with the capacity of 3.8 litres and comes with twin turbo feature and navigation system and comes with an anti-lock system.
- Audi TTS - Counted among the coolest sports cars with all the necessary sports car features.
Insuring these Sports Cars
Top Indian car insurance companies offer a great coverage for these luxury cars. So, from now on, you need not worry about the safety of your car. These cars covered by a larger insurance plan. As per the data, 50 motor insurance groups have segregated various car models into categories such as sedan, hatchback, sports car etc. In case your car falls under a higher car group, the insurance designed for this car would be more expensive. As sports cars come under top car groups, it ensures a larger insurance coverage.
Here’s How the Make and Model Affects its Car Insurance
Many car models from the same manufacturer can fall in the same car group. For instance, 10 of Porsche’s models come under the Group 50 while Mercedes races in with 22 models.
At the time of offering insurance, the insurer considers the price of the car, charges that may be incurred in repairs, cost of the spare parts, etc. and calculates the premium accordingly. Also, in some cases, they may check if your car has the needed safety features or not. Hence, ensure that your luxury asset has basic safety features.
Things to Consider Before Insuring Your Sports Car
Ensure that your car insurance covers your luxury car under all situations. By being clear about everything beforehand, you can avoid rude surprises at the time of claiming the insurance.
Get car insurance quotes from different companies online and after comparing them, choose the one that meets your insurance needs.
It is beneficial if you choose the Money Back plan as it can help you at the time of availing insurance for a lost car. But it is possible only if the insurer offers this facility. So, consult with an insurance advisor before taking a plan. Moreover, money back plan is more secure.
Try buying the car insurance from the insurance company from which you have bought other insurance policies. This way you can bargain with the insurer and avail some good discount.
In a Nutshell!
Cars are a very special asset. It is more precious when it is a sports car. You invest a huge portion of your hard-earned money in buying one. So, protecting it from every eventuality is your responsibility. By investing a small portion in car insurance, you can safeguard your asset. At the same time, you shouldn’t rush to a conclusion. Take your time, look around, and then buy one. With an informed decision, you can not only get the best deal but also enjoy rewarding insurance services.
We hope this article clears your doubt about whether to take insurance for a sports car or not. Hence, whenever you plan to take home your prized possession, consider buying a sufficient risk cover to protect it!
- Most Read
- What are the Steps for Tata AIG Car Insurance Renewal?
Date: 14 August 2018
- 5 Types of Car Insurance Coverage Explained
Date: 30 July 2018
- What Is Covered Under Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
Date: 28 March 2018
- What is Engine Protection Cover in Auto Insurance?
Date: 19 March 2018
- How a Zero-Dep Car Insurance Policy Benefits You during Claims?
Date: 20 February 2018
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 261385
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 192583
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 179381
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
Views : 160181
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Views : 154649