- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
We promise limited calls
Tips to Keep Your Car Insurance Cost Low
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3440 -
Modified 16 June 2016
Every year when you pay your car insurance, I am sure at least once, you think of how the cost could have been reduced. It is a big dent in the pocket. Well, this is a common dilemma and thus we have a few handy tips to help, people like you, save some money on car insurance.
It is mandatory to buy insurance when you buy a new car. Usually the salesperson who assisted you in buying the car, assures to get you car insurance at the cheapest possible rates.
“Sir, don’t worry about car insurance I will get you a discounted rate.”
And, you fall for this trap! The catch here is that you end up buying a wrong policy - a policy that undervalues your car. Sadly, this wrongdoing hits you hard on the face when you make a claim for reimbursement.
Stay away from all these cheap tricks and compare policies online. Find the one that is the best fit for your requirement and pocket without giving false information. Compare premiums and get huge discounts.
Transfer Your Insurance
If you are doing away with your old car and buying a new car then don’t do away with the existing car insurance. Remember to carry forward the no claim bonus and benefits that you might have accrued over the years. This will reduce your insurance cost for the new car.
Think Hard Before Claiming
A standard procedure is to put in a claim if your car is damaged and needs money for repair. However, you must understand the concept for No Claim Bonus which means if you don’t claim for a year then you can avail discount on your premium. Claim when the amount is substantial. Don’t claim for small repairs. Which one do you want – a small claim or big discount on premiums? Balance and decide yourself.
Keep Your Car Safe
You must be thinking what a ridiculous thing I am saying! Of course, you buy insurance because you can’t guarantee safety of your car. Yes, I agree but the point I am making here is about being cautious. So, there are anti-theft tools which can be installed in our cars at a nominal cost but go a long way in protecting the car. Now, a safer car means lesser claims which eventually mean no claims bonus, thus cheaper insurance every year. Logical, isn’t it?
Do share with us the tips, tricks or ideas you use to save car insurance costs.
- Most Read
- What to Keep in Mind When Buying Two wheeler insurance Policy for Your Sports Bike?
Date: 18 April 2018
- What Is Covered Under Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
Date: 28 March 2018
- What is Engine Protection Cover in Auto Insurance?
Date: 19 March 2018
- Everything You Need to Know About Theft Cover of Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Date: 28 February 2018
- How a Zero-Dep Car Insurance Policy Benefits You during Claims?
Date: 20 February 2018
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 246842
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 173188
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 164094
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 164093
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 105708