Chevrolet Spark Car Insurance
Chevrolet Spark is a subcompact hatchback car sold by Chevrolet India. It was launched in the Indian market for the first time in 2007 as an upgrade to Daewoo Matiz and went to become a popular city car. It was known for its stylish design, comfort, safety, performance and affordability. However, the Company discontinued the car in 2017. In case you still own a Chevrolet Spark or are planning to buy it second hand, you must check out its specifications, features and car insurance premium below.
Features of Chevrolet Spark Car
Here are a few attractive features of the Chevrolet Spark car:
- It was equipped with an engine immobiliser and side impact beams.
- It comes with a rear defogger, rear spoiler and rear fog lights.
- It was fitted with a chrome grille and a roof rail.
- It comes with a remote trunk opener and power windows.
- It was fitted with a CD player and comes with a USB & Auxiliary input port.
- It was available in seven colour options.
Specifications of Chevrolet Spark
Take a look at the specifications of the Chevrolet Spark car in the table below:
|Engine/ Displacement||995 CC|
|Maximum Power||62 bhp @5400 rpm|
|Maximum Torque||90 Nm @4200 rpm|
|Suspension||Front: McPherson Strut with Anti Roll BarsRear: Torsion Beam Axle|
|Emission Norm Compliance||BS IV|
Chevrolet Spark Car Model Variants With Insurance Price
Here are the model variants of the Chevrolet Spark car along with their car insurance prices:
|Chevrolet Spark Variants(2017 Registration)||Ex-Showroom Prices||Insured Declared Value*(IDV)||Zero Depreciation Price*(Add-On Cover)||Estimated Chevrolet Spark Insurance Price*(Comprehensive Car Insurance)|
|Base||Rs 3,63,000||Rs 1,48,429||Rs 1,392||Rs 2,583 onwards|
|LS||Rs 3,90,000||Rs 1,52,229||Rs 1,428||Rs 2,596 onwards|
|LT||Rs 4,20,000||Rs 1,64,664||Rs 1,545||Rs 2,638 onwards|
*Disclaimer: The Chevrolet Spark insurance price may vary from one vehicle to another based on factors, such as RTO, age of the car, claim history, type of policy coverage, NCB, etc.
Inclusions of Chevrolet Spark Car Insurance
A Chevrolet Spark car will be covered for the following incidents under a Chevrolet insurance policy:
- Third Party Liabilities - Any third party liabilities arising out of causing accidental loss or damages to the property of a third party or injuries to them with the Chevrolet Spark car is covered. It also provides compensation to the third party on the car owner’s behalf if the accidental injury results in the disability or death of the third party.
- Own Damages to the Car - Any damages or losses incurred on the Chevrolet Spark car as a result of the following events are covered:
- Theft of the Spark car
- Natural disasters, such as floods, earthquakes, avalanches, etc.
- Manmade calamities, such as terrorist attacks, vandalism, riots, etc.
- Fire and explosion
- Personal Accident of the Owner-Driver - Any accidental injuries caused to the owner-driver of the Chevrolet Spark car while using the vehicle is covered. It also provides compensation in case the accident leads to the death or disability of the vehicle owner.
Add-On Covers Under Chevrolet Spark Insurance:
A Chevrolet Spark car owner will get access to several add-on covers under the Chevrolet insurance policy. These add-on covers can enhance the coverage of the policy on payment of a slightly higher premium. Take a look at some of the add-on covers available under a Chevrolet Spark car insurance policy:
Exclusions of Chevrolet Spark Car Insurance
The Chevrolet Spark insurance policy will not provide coverage for the following expenses:
- Damages to the car while driving it without a valid license
- Any loss or damages caused to the Spark car outside the geographical limits of the country
- Normal wear and tear of the car
- Damages to the Spark car caused while driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Any loss or damages to the car caused while using it for commercial purposes
- Non-accidental damages to the tyres of the Spark car
- Damages caused to the car while using it for illegal things
- Any loss or damages caused to the Spark car due to nuclear activities
- Damages caused to the car while using it for unauthorized purposes, such as speed testing
- Any loss or damages to the Spark car caused due to a war or related perils
- Electrical and mechanical breakdown of the car
How to Buy Chevrolet Insurance Online for Spark Car?
The process of buying insurance for a Chevrolet spark car is easy when done online. Here are some of the steps that need to be followed to buy Chevrolet Spark car insurance online:
- Visit a website offering Chevrolet car insurance online, like Policybazaar.com
- Click on the icon of ‘car insurance’ on the homepage
- Provide details of your Chevrolet Spark car, such as registration year, RTO, model variant, etc. or choose to enter the car registration number only
- Fill up the form with your contact details
- Select the preferred coverage for your Chevrolet Spark car
- A list of car insurance plans will be displayed with their premiums and benefits
- Choose the plan that you want to buy and pay its Chevrolet Spark insurance price online
- The insurance provider will issue the Chevrolet insurance policy for your Spark car
How to Renew Chevrolet Spark Insurance Policy Online?
Renewing a Chevrolet insurance policy online is an easy task. Make sure to renew the policy before the existing policy expires. Given below are the steps for Chevrolet Spark insurance renewal online:
- Go to a website where Chevrolet insurance renewal is available
- Click on the option of car insurance renewal
- Enter the details of your Chevrolet Spark car, including its age, RTO, etc.
- Provide details of your existing policy, such as expiry date, claim history, etc.
- Select the Chevrolet insurance plan that you wish to buy
- Pay the Chevrolet insurance price for the selected plan online
- The Chevrolet Spark insurance renewal will be done by the insurance company
Chevrolet Spark Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: You can cancel your Chevrolet Spark car insurance policy by reaching out to your motor insurer. Your insurer will refund the premium amount after deducting any cancellation fee. But if you cancel your policy within the free-look period, you won’t be charged a cancellation fee.
Ans: The IDV of your Chevrolet Spark car will be calculated by subtracting the depreciation on the car’s value for the total market value of the car.
Ans: Yes, you can switch the motor insurance company for your Chevrolet Spark car at the time of policy renewal. It is suggested to buy car insurance from another insurer before the existing policy expires to avoid a break in your policy.
Ans: The premium of your Chevrolet Spark car insurance policy depends on the following factors:
- IDV of the car
- Age of the Spark car
- Type of policy coverage
- Engine CC of the Spark car
- Geographical location
- Model variant
- Add-on covers
Ans: In case the policy document of your Chevrolet Spark car insurance consists of wrong information, you should reach out to your motor insurance provider and get an endorsement passed. You will be required to send an application and submit proofs of correct information to your insurer to get an endorsement. However, doing so may affect your car insurance premium.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.
Car insurance articles
21 Sep 2022Are you also worried about high motor insurance premium rates?...
12 Sep 2022As per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, every car owner must possess...
24 Aug 2022Buying a car insurance policy is one of the best ways to protect...
23 Aug 2022Electric cars are known as the future of the automotive industry....
05 Aug 2022In India, car enthusiasts love to modify their cars with...