As a joint effort with Cyberabad Police, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) has inaugurated third-party motor insurance awareness campaign in Hyderabad. Mr. C.V. Anand, Cyberabad Police Commissioner, formally inaugurated the campaign that will emphasize on ideology of ‘enactment, application, and enablement’ of motor insurance.
Mr. R. Raghavan, CEO, Insurance Information Bureau (IIB), said 55% of automobiles (7 crore vehicles) running on the Indian roads do not possess mandatory third-party motor insurance. Failure to enroll for third-party motor insurance has led to brutal consequences for victims and insurers. This campaign hopes to educate people on motor insurance.
He further commented, “India ranks among the top 5 countries on the globe with highest number of road accidents and thus, it is critical that vehicle owners should have a motor insurance. We have successfully launched our first phase of enlightenment and soon will launch the campaign full steam across India. We expect our campaign to help 7 crore vehicles plying on Indian routes to get affordable motor insurance. Cyberabad has been chosen as the first place for launch in view of the proactive approach and high technology adoption of the police here.”
The IIB has compiled a list of uninsured vehicles with the assistance from the Hyderabad transport department and will soon share the list with Cyberabad Police, who will take strict action against defaulters. Lack of third-party motor insurance will attract a penalty of Rs 1,000 or 3 months rigorous imprisonment or both, as per the Motor Vehicles Act.
Source: This news was published on April 29, 2015 in thehindubusinessline.com under the title: IRDA launches motor insurance awareness campaign
- Most Read
- How Insurance Sector Faces Initial Hiccups Post GST
Date: 15 September 2017
- Royal Enfield Tour of Uttarakhand: Here’s Why Insurance is Your Best Pal
Date: 06 September 2017
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
Date: 16 August 2017
- Third Party Insurance: Your Ultimate Stress Buster
Date: 14 August 2017
- 10 Auto Insurance Myths You Should Avoid
Date: 27 July 2017
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 200756
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 119839
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 115616
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 89021
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 85797