- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
We promise limited calls
Motor Insurance Awareness Campaign Launched By IRDAI
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3817 -
Modified 30 April 2015
As a joint effort with Cyberabad Police, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) has inaugurated third-party motor insurance awareness campaign in Hyderabad. Mr. C.V. Anand, Cyberabad Police Commissioner, formally inaugurated the campaign that will emphasize on ideology of ‘enactment, application, and enablement’ of motor insurance.
Mr. R. Raghavan, CEO, Insurance Information Bureau (IIB), said 55% of automobiles (7 crore vehicles) running on the Indian roads do not possess mandatory third-party motor insurance. Failure to enroll for third-party motor insurance has led to brutal consequences for victims and insurers. This campaign hopes to educate people on motor insurance.
He further commented, “India ranks among the top 5 countries on the globe with highest number of road accidents and thus, it is critical that vehicle owners should have a motor insurance. We have successfully launched our first phase of enlightenment and soon will launch the campaign full steam across India. We expect our campaign to help 7 crore vehicles plying on Indian routes to get affordable motor insurance. Cyberabad has been chosen as the first place for launch in view of the proactive approach and high technology adoption of the police here.”
The IIB has compiled a list of uninsured vehicles with the assistance from the Hyderabad transport department and will soon share the list with Cyberabad Police, who will take strict action against defaulters. Lack of third-party motor insurance will attract a penalty of Rs 1,000 or 3 months rigorous imprisonment or both, as per the Motor Vehicles Act.
Source: This news was published on April 29, 2015 in thehindubusinessline.com under the title: IRDA launches motor insurance awareness campaign
- Most Read
- How a Zero-Dep Car Insurance Policy Benefits You during Claims?
Date: 20 February 2018
- Dos and Don'ts While Filing Car Insurance
Date: 13 February 2018
- Overview of Oriental Car Insurance Policy
Date: 19 January 2018
- Know How Reliance General Two-Wheeler Insurance Defends Your Two-wheeler!
Date: 19 January 2018
- Does Your Sports Car Need Auto Insurance?
Date: 15 January 2018
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 231535
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 154939
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 148408
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 134600
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 100572