15 Essential Parts of Your Two Wheeler and Their Maintenance Tips
You should know about your all-weather companion Two-Wheeler in and out. We’re sure nobody will disagree that there are a lot of things we should consider apart from the speed, mileage, specifications and sadly, very few know all of them, especially the bike parts.Read more
So, what about knowing a bit more about your best companion on the roads?
Know the Basics
When it comes to knowing the basic components of two-wheelers, the body is made of steel, iron, alloy, metal, plastic, rubber etc. which are the foundation base of the vehicle.
Here Comes to the Major Parts
- Engine: Among the major motorbike parts, engine comes first. This is what keeps the vehicle running, controls over the smooth performance of the machine. Valve in the engine is one of the most important parts that aids in combustion to circulate the passage of air. It also helps the fuel to pass to other parts of the bike. Hence, regular inspection or care is must to keep the longevity of the engine. Best part is that you can cover the normal wear and tear or huge repair expenses under your two wheeler insurance as per the policy terms.
- Carburetor: Carburetor contains valves, chambers, and tubes which blend the air and fuel and help in combustion process in the engine.
- Cylinder: The two cylinders in the engine work as the liver of a bike. However, the vehicle can have up to six cylinders, which support the engine in the process of combustion.
- Pistons: Pistons are the parts inside the cylinders that help in the energy transformation process from engine to the other bike parts. Pistons also help in the movement of the bike’s wheels.
- Fuel Tank: The foremost purpose of this is to store a sufficient amount of fuel depending on the capacity of the bike. It is located above the engine.
- Fillters: There are separate fillers fitted in the two-wheelers to avoid the dust in the air to get inside the oil or fuel.
- Wheels: Every bike is equipped with two wheels, front and rear. They contain tyre, hub, rim and spokes, which help in the bike sliding.
- Handlebars: When cars have steering, there are handlebars for bikes that help the bike rider in controlling and balancing to provide a comfortable drive. Handlebars with rubber grips are usually recommended for a better grip.
- Speedometer: This digital device is there in the middle of the handlebar. It is useful in giving the rider an idea on the speed and distance covered by the bike.
- Mirrors: The two mirrors help the rider to see the traffic from right and left side and avoid any mishap.
- Headlamp: Called as the eye of a bike, these lights keep the rider safe and offer a comfort drive even in the low visibility. These are usually used at night or during fog for a clear visibility.
- Brakes: Brakes are used in controlling the speed of the vehicle. These come in handy when you need to halt your vehicle all sudden to avoid a collision.
- Battery: Bikes consist of a small battery that helps in energy to burst ad smooth running of the vehicle all time. Usually a 12-volt battery consists of sulphuric acid is used in bikes.
- Kickstand: This is used for holding the vehicle in an upright position. It helps the bike from falling when on a stand.
- Frame: Last but not the least, frame is one of the major parts. The top and down tube of the frame supports the bike chain and seat clams of the bike.
So, the aforementioned are some of the major components of a bike that engineered to make a complete two-wheeler for the end user. As they are very essential and play pivotal role in the smooth functioning of the vehicle, these require timely check to maintain their durability. Having said that below are some basic tips that help you keep your two-wheeler safe and sound. Here you go!
Basic Maintenance Tips to Follow
- Always check the engine oil level as it plays a very important role in the movement of the bike. Check for any leakage, dirty oil etc.
- Look for if any clog in the air filter. Change the air filter at regular intervals.
- Before riding the bike, look for clutch adjustment which helps in gear changing while riding. Over tightened clutch is not recommended.
- Pay sincere attention to your bike engine as it is the heart of the vehicle. Clean the carburetor regularly, check the valve as well. Not to forget the spark plug, keep it clear always and maintain the gap, as it helps in proper engine combustion.
- Bike battery requires proper maintenance to ensure trouble-free life. Use distilled water to top-up the battery. Check for any leakage in the battery.
- Check the conditions of the brakes before taking her on the roads. Too tight or too lose brakes are dangerous. In case of any sound replace brake pads immediately.
Lastly, to ride the vehicle with ease, always carry those important documents called two wheeler insurance while spinning it. As driving your vehicle without insurance is a crime, a huge penalty is charged if you are caught by the traffic police. So, apart from maintaining your prized possession, it is equally important to renew your bike insurance whenever it is due. You can use bike insurance calculator to check various plans available and get the best deal available to save on your pocket.