- 24X7Claim Assistance &
Free Customer Support
- 20 Lakh+Happy & Satisfied Customers
- Rs. 1 LakhAccident Cover @ Rs. 2/Day
- 100%Claim Support
We promise limited calls
Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 105561 -
Modified 21 December 2017
Two wheelers have a large share on the busy Indian roads. Be it a guy riding a motor bike to his college, a man going to his office on a scooter or a girl going to market on scooty, the need and place of two wheelers can never be replaced by any other mode of conveyance. Here comes the need of two wheeler insurance. Motor insurance promises the insured, the longevity and safety of his beloved ride.
Need of Insurance
- It is a financial cover provided for any damage or loss against natural calamities like fire, flood etc.
- Cover for the damage or against man-made calamities like theft or accident by external means etc.
- The third party legal liability provides protection against issues arising out of injury/death or property damage of third party by your vehicle.
Before applying for the two wheeler insurance for your motorbike, scooty or scooter it is necessary to know the basic terminology of insurance.
Premium paid for insurance is dependent on various factors like city of registration, model, age of vehicle, year of make, etc. Premium is decided and regulated by IRDA hence there is not much variation across various companies.
Coverage is the financial protection provided to the insured against damage or loss due to natural or man-made calamity along with third party liability. Coverage differs widely from policy to policy.
Exclusion informs us about the situations wherein the insured is not entitled to file a claim. Conditions which fall in the category of exclusions are wear and tear, damage due to drunken driving, accident of/by a person driving without license, damage caused by war or nuclear explosions, etc.
When covered under an insurance plan, the insured is entitled to get the claim for the damage. In case of very small claims, it is advised not to claim as this cancels your chance to avail NCB (No Claim Bonus). NCB provides a good discount on premium and can be transferred from one insurer to the other.
There are a set of documents required for making claim like vehicle registration copy, photocopy of insurance and FIR.
It s advised to read all the terms and conditions in detail before buying an insurance policy. Choose your policy wisely making sure it suits your needs the best.
- Most Read
- What to Keep in Mind When Buying Two wheeler insurance Policy for Your Sports Bike?
Date: 18 April 2018
- What Is Covered Under Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
Date: 28 March 2018
- What is Engine Protection Cover in Auto Insurance?
Date: 19 March 2018
- Everything You Need to Know About Theft Cover of Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Date: 28 February 2018
- How a Zero-Dep Car Insurance Policy Benefits You during Claims?
Date: 20 February 2018
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 246446
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 172637
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 163578
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 163062
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 105561