SBI Car Insurance Claim
After an accident or car collision, things may seem to spiral out of control. It can be emotionally and financially exhausting to deal with damages caused to your own car or a third-party.
Even small damages can have serious consequences when it comes to car collision in India. If you know what needs to be done when the emergency strikes, you can save a lot of time and effort.
While filing the claim with SBI General Insurance Company, you should be aware of the process that is followed-
How to File SBI Car Insurance Claim Online
For intimating car insurance claim online you need to provide the following details –
- First name, last name, e-mail, contact number, the name of the city, and insurance type.
- Select if you are a new customer or existing one.
- Share remarks, if any.
- And click on Submit
How to File Car Insurance Claim with SBI?
- Register your claim at their helpline number- 1800 22 1111 to speak to their insurance team
- You can also SMS ‘CLAIM’ to 561612 and your claim number/reference number will be messaged on your phone
- Ask for all the documents that you need to submit to initiate the claim process
- Once your claim is registered, their representative will get in touch with you within 24 hours of the request
- Submit all the essential documents that are required to the Claim Executive for further verification. All the documents will be compared with your original documents.
- Once the formalities are done, the claim will be processed.
- Once the claim amount is approved, claim settlement will be done within 30 days of receipt of the final report ( as per the IRDAI guidelines)
How to Make Car Insurance Accidental Claims?
This is what needs to be done-
- The claim needs to be duly filled and signed by the policyholder
- Original car registration booklet needs to be provided
- The person who was driving the vehicle needs to submit the original driving license
- Number of people who were traveling in the car
- If someone on behalf of the insured is filing the claim, then you need to mention your relationship with the insured
- Copy of Police FIR to report accidental injuries, death, fire, explosion and third-party loss or damage
- Garage / Workshop Details
- An estimated cost of repair from the garage
- Submit garage bills and payment receipt s ( once repair work is completed)
- Submit KYC, if the loss or damage repair costs more than 1 Lakh rupees
- Additional documents are required for vehicles that are used for commercial purposes – load challan, permit, vehicle fitness and tax certificate
How to Make Car Insurance Theft Claims?
This is what needs to be done-
- Original copy of policy documents
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Original copies of car registration, tax certificate, road permit, load challan and vehicle fitness certificate
- Police FIR report
- A final non-traceable report under Sec 173 CRPC
- Purchase invoice, Car keys set, Service Booklet, and Warranty Card
- Letter of Acknowledgment to the RTO, notifying about the theft of the vehicle and stating it as a total loss
- Form 28, 29 and 30 to be signed by the policyholder
- Form 35 to be signed by the investor ( depending upon the case)
- Letter of Undertaking
- Discharge Voucher
- Non-Objection Certificate from the financier if the claim amount needs to be paid in the favor of the policyholder
- Letter of consent with the agreed amount of claim from the insured and financier
The claim form can be downloaded from the link enclosed below-
- Please provide a cancelled cheque leaf along with the insurance claim form