Best SIP Mutual Fund Investment Plans 2019 in India

*Please note that the quotes shown will be from our partners

Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) is a smart investment instrument wherein a specific amount is deducted on monthly basis in a mutual fund. As a simple and disciplined investment option SIP helps the investors to invest a small amount regularly in order to create a financial cushion for future. In the case of market fall, the investors can buy more units of mutual fund in the next installment. Thus, at the time when the market recovers the investors will receive higher returns as compared to the lump-sum investment.

How SIP Works?

In SIP, the investors can invest a predetermined amount at a monthly, weekly and quarterly basis according to one’s own suitability and requirement. In order to start to SIP the investors are required to fill the SIP form and a bank mandate. The amount is deducted automatically from the bank account on a predetermined date and is invested in the chosen mutual fund scheme as per the applicable NAV (Net Asset Value).

How to Choose the Best Mutual Funds to Invest Through SIP?

Further, in this article, we have shortlisted top performing equity mutual funds which is one of the best options for investment for investors who want to gain a high return on investment by investing through SIP. The key aspects to choose the best performing mutual funds are:

  • Check the past 3-5 years performance of the funds.
  • Check the CRISIL (Credit Ration Information Services of India Limited) rating of funds.
  • Consider investing in funds that have been placed on the top of the CRISIL list.

Best SIP Plans to Invest in Years 2019

Funds Name

Returns

 

1 Year

3 years

5 years

Axis Long Term Equity Fund

19.37%

16.33%

27.54%

ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund

15.40%

13.52%

26.17%

ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund

14.45%

17.03%

19.77%

Franklin India Equity Fund

11.77%

14.38%

22.66%

DSP tax Saver

6.68%

16.58%

23.12%

HDFC Equity Fund

12.33%

16.23%

21.96%

SBI BlueChip Fund

3.69%

10.2%

17.77%

 DSP Equity Opportunity Fund

6.66%

17.14%

22.09%

Reliance Tax Saver ELSS Fund

-3.12%

12.46%

24.63%

Mirae Asset India Equity Fund

9.09%

14.66%

21.63%

HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Fund

0.82%

13%

26.22%

Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Fund

-1.64%

17.23%

30.80%

Franklin India Equity Fund

6.02%

9.98%

19.05%

Motilal Oswal Long Term Equity Fund

5.84%

20.70%

----

 

Axis Long Term Equity Fund

The Axis Long Term Equity Fund is one of the most preferred SIP plans for investors who want to gain continues to return on their tax saving investments.  The main objective of this mutual fund is to generate a long-term return on investment through a portfolio containing high-quality equity derivatives and equity stocks. Axis long-term equity fund has been continuously outperforming and is providing high returns since its launch. Over 3-5 years the returns offered by the fund has exceeded from 17% to 23%. This equity tax saving fund has been preferred as a top choice of investment for the investors in India.

ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund

In case if an individual wants to invest in equity fund which focuses on making investments on value stocks then ICICI Prudential Value Discovery fund is the right choice of investment. As a value stock fund, this mutual fund is expected to have the potential for good future growth while being equitably valued in the present market condition. Earlier the scheme used to make a major investment in mid-cap stocks which made it a risky investment option for investors who have a low-risk appetite, however, recently the fund has started investing in large-cap exposure and has witnessed 80% growth resulting higher ROI in long term.

ICICI Prudential Blue Chip Fund

ICICI Prudential Blue Chip Fund majorly focuses on investing in the leading 20 companies in the topmost 200 companies listed on the National Stock Exchange. However, after crossing the mark of Rs.1000 crores, ICICI Prudential Blue Chip Fund majorly invests in large-cap fund stocks which guarantees consistency and stability for those individuals who want to gain long-term capital appreciation. The fund has been consistently outperforming in the market and has been rated as one of the best SIP plans for those who want to make a systematic investment in equity.

Franklin India Equity Fund

Franklin India Equity Fund is one of the top performing equity funds houses in India. The main objective of this mutual fund scheme is to generate wealth creation along with the regular flow of income to the investors. The fund majorly invests in securities related to equity, money market, and debt. Moreover, the scheme also focuses to make an investment in companies which are capable of capital appreciation regardless of sector bias and market capitalization. Currently, approximately 75% of the Franklin India equity fund portfolio consists of large-cap equity investment.

DSP Tax Saver

DSP tax saver is one of the best investment options for individuals who want to make tax saving investment. It is known as one of the best SIP plans in the ELSS category. DSP tax saver MF scheme aims at generating wealth by providing medium to long-term return on investment. DSP tax saver has been consistently outperformed in past 3-5 years and has offered maximum returns on investment to the investors.

Reliance Tax Saver ELSS Fund

Since its launch Reliance Tax Saver ELSS Fund has constantly provided high returns to its investors. As one of the best SIP plan, the fund majorly invests in equities and equity-related securities. In this scheme, about 60% of the fund is invested in the large-cap fund while the rest 40% of the fund is invested in mid-cap and small-cap fund. Investing in Reliance tax saver ELSS fund is a lucrative option of investment for those investors who want to save on taxes and gain higher ROI over a long period of time.

Mirae Asset  India Equity Fund

Mirae Asset India Equity Fund has established itself as one of the best SIP plans by consistently performing well in the market. In the past 5 years, Mirae asset India equity fund has offered 24.7% returns respectively. The scheme majorly invests in the mid-cap fund and large-cap fund. This fund is most suitable for those investors who want to create wealth and generate long-term returns on investment.

SBI Blue Chip Fund

This is an open-ended growth scheme which offers an opportunity for the investors to accumulate wealth over a long period of time. In this fund, the investments are majorly made in stocks of Blue Chip Companies. SBI Blue Chip Fund invests 70% of the amount in equity and equity related securities and the rest 30% of the amount is invested in debt instruments, money market instruments, and foreign securities.

HDFC Equity Fund

 The major objective of this fund is to provide long-term capital appreciation by making an investment in a potentially high growth firm. This scheme majorly focuses on equity and equity related instruments and also make investments in debt or money market funds whenever required. HDFC equity fund has been consistently outperforming in the past 3 to 5 years and is most suitable for individuals who want to invest in equity funds.

DSP Equity Opportunity Fund

The primary objective of this scheme is to provide capital growth to the investors while the secondary objective is creating income along with a guaranteed dividend distribution. The fund majorly invests in equity and equity instruments in order to achieve its definite objective. The scheme has offered a return of 17% to 22% in last 3-5 years making it most suitable for investors who want to invest in high performing SIP to meet their financial goals in a long run.

HDFC Mid-Cap  Opportunities Fund

HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunity Fund is one of the best performing SIP mutual funds which primarily invests in mid-cap and small-cap companies. The main objective of this fund is to provide long-term capital growth to its investors through investments in equity and equity related instruments. However, the fund also provides the flexibility to the investors to invest some portion of capital in the different large-cap fund.

Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Fund

Launched in the year 2008 Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Fund is equity-based investment scheme which mainly deals in shares of mid-cap companies. The primary aim of this scheme is to provide capital growth with the investment made in equity and equity related instruments. This plan is best suited for investors who want to gain maximum returns on investment over a long period of time.

Franklin India Equity Fund

Franklin India Equity Fund is an open-ended equity scheme which aims at providing capital appreciation and regular dividend by making investment equity, money market, and debt instrument. As one of the best investment option, the company offered a return of 9.98% to 19.05% in 3-5 years.

Motilal Oswal Long Term Equity Fund

This is an equity-linked tax saver scheme that offers a wide range of fund options to invest in. since its launch the fund is has been continuously outperforming in the market. The scheme majorly invests in large-cap equities and mid-cap equities. Motilal Oswal Long Term Equity Fund is best suited for investors who have a high-risk appetite and wants to gain high returns on investment.