Best Travel Insurance Companies in India
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 19394 -
Updated date : 05 June 2020
Just the mere thought of travelling to a destination enthrals you and you cannot resist than planning around the vacation, which leaves you excited. Though travelling has its pros you cannot deny the fact that emergencies can occur anywhere, anytime. Moreover, if an emergency occurs while you are travelling leading to a fiscal cost it might stress you and leave you worried.
This is the time is when having a travel insurance policy secures you and provides you with an umbrella cover from unforeseen emergencies. Therefore, while you are planning your trip, buying the right travel insurance policy should be on your priority ensuring a safe and hassle-free vacation. Gone are the days when buying an insurance policy was a tedious task. Living in the digital world, things have become convenient enough.
Now, in just a few clicks you can avail the right travel insurance policy from the travel insurance companies. With having, a plethora of travel insurance companies available in the market the best way to buy a travel insurance policy is to go online, compare the plans, customize and zero down the plan, which suits your prerequisites.
Picking the Best Travel Insurance Company
To ensure that you have the best travel insurance policy, take care of the following before you zero down a plan:
- Compare Travel Insurance Online: Today almost all the travel insurance companies are accessible online. It is to be noted that every travel insurance company will offer different plans. It is advisable to compare the benefits, cover, and compare the quotes offered by the different travel insurance company before you zero down a policy.
- Cover for Medical Expenses: In case if you do not know, medical expenses in European and American countries are on an expensive side and may easily create a hole in your pocket if you are not adequately secured. Therefore, It is advisable to go for a travel insurance company which offers plans specific to countries meeting the requirements.
- Analyze Different Features: In general, the travel insurance company offers almost similar features. However, the different travel insurance company offers additional coverage as well. Besides, it is better to look for additional covers and read it carefully. In case of any query, you can always take help from the customer care of the particular travel insurance company.
- Financial Capacity: Make this a thumb note of not going for in insurance company just because it is offering a low premium rate. Buying a travel insurance policy with inadequate benefits is not going to help you at times of emergencies. Therefore, it is necessary that before you zero down a plan the insurance company have a good name and value in the market. It is of prime importance that the insurance company has the capacity either to reimburse or pay off your bills when required.
- Rejection of Claim - The claim rejection ratio varies from insurer to insurer; therefore it’s advisable to go for the travel insurance company with a lower claim rejection ratio.
Different Type of Insurance Cover Based On Each of your Travel Requirements
Based on your travel requirements, the travel insurance companies offer different types of travel insurance cover, which are
- Domestic Travel Insurance - Domestic Travel Insurance in India is not given as much importance, as compared to international plans, but safeguarding yourself from risks that arise from domestic travel is a good idea. Especially, if you wish to secure yourself from personal as well as medical liabilities, during the travel time!
- International Travel Insurance - Besides other coverages, it gives you a comprehensive cover from the risk of a hijack, deportation, and also from medical and personal emergencies during your travel.
- Corporate Travel Insurance - There are corporate rules that have their employees insured for both domestic and international trips. This is to secure them from any travel related risks or uncertainties in future.
- Student Travel Insurance - This is for students who take admissions into renowned colleges and universities overseas for higher studies. If there is a loss of passport, any medical emergency, disruptions in their studies or any other mishap, then this policy will keep them covered and insured.
- Medical Travel Insurance - This is a short-term travel insurance plan. It, specifically, covers the health and medical expenses in case of a medical emergency and/or evacuation etc., when an individual travels overseas. The insurance provider will determine the exact inclusions and exclusions depending on the travel insurance plan you purchase.
- Family Travel Insurance - This insurance policy is best suitable for family international trips. Get your whole family insured from personal and travel related risks which may arise. Stay safe and at peace during your trip with this one.
- Senior Citizen Travel Insurance - Everyone deserves to have a pleasant trip without any disruptions and senior citizens are no exception. This plan is for the elderly within the age group of 61-70 years. As compared to normal plans, it also covers expenses for a dental cure and a provision of cashless hospitalization during that period.
- Individual/Group Travel Insurance - There are plans which provide cover to an individual from travel-related emergencies and also a group of people travelling together. Group insurance saves a lot of money on premium though.
- Single/Multi Trip Insurance - Single trip insurance is basically for people taking only one trip, and they want to safeguard themselves from any unforeseen circumstances during that single trip. Whereas, multi-trip is for frequent travellers to save them from personal and medical emergencies during the travel.
Top Travel Insurance Companies in India:
Travel insurance is provided by several insurance companies in India. Here is a list of the best travel insurance companies in India that you may consider:
- It’s the travel segment of Aditya Birla Insurance Brokers Limited
- Provides medical emergency assistance during the trip
- Coverage for death or disability due to an accident abroad provided
- Covers damages due to the hijack of scheduled flight
- Automatic policy extension provided
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance is renowned for its ability and stability to meet
- Accredited with iAAA rating from ICRA.
- Security of baggage loss, flight delays, loss of passport
- Covers personal and medical emergencies during the travel
- Cashless hospitalization abroad
- The Easy and seamless claim settlement process
- In your absence, if there is any burglary attempt, it is also covered
- You can pay through any payment method suitable
- The age limit for travellers under this plan is 3 months to 60 years
- It compensates you for any loss that may arise during the course of your complete trip
- It secured you from uncertainties at a nominal cost
- There are different plans to meet up your requirements, depends if you are travelling as an individual, with family or going for multiple trips, there is a unique plan for every situation
- Assured cover from medical repatriation in case of death or extreme circumstances
- Any loss of life or damage incurred from the personal accident is covered
- Do not fret even if you happen to misplace your passport or any other important documents which were required for travel purposes
- Loss of checked-in baggage is also covered
- Four types of travel policies offered for domestic travel, overseas travel, student travel and frequent travellers
- Covers travelers between the age group of 3 months to 80 years
- Round the clock help desk for emergency and claim-related assistance
- No need for pre-policy health check-up up to 65 years of age
- Door-to-door coverage provided under the overseas travel plan
- All Purpose cover available along with coverage for international driving license loss and a home burglary
- Digit travel insurance comes with zero deductibles, which means while filing a claim, you don’t have to pay anything.
- Digit Travel Insurance offers cover for adventure sports such as diving, bungee jumping, or scuba diving.
- It has quick, easy and smart-phone enabled claim process, which means it doesn’t require any paperwork. You just need to upload your required documents while filing a claim.
- It gives you a missed call facility. You just have to give a missed call on +91-124-6174721 and you’ll get a call back from the insurer in 10 minutes.
- Approved by Schengen Authority, Digit Travel Insurance Policy covers the pre-existing ailments
- It offers cover in case of any medical emergencies, loss of baggage, delay of baggage, loss of passport, financial assistance, coverage against accidental death or permanent disability, flight hijack, missed connection, trip cancellation/ curtailment and legal liability.
- The flexibility of choosing and buying the plan as per the need.
- It offers cashless claim settlement depending upon the terms and conditions mentioned in the policy schedule
- In case of any travel-related emergency, worldwide assistance services
- It offers quick claim settlement process.
- It secures you from any illness or accident, involving medical costs, outpatient, inpatient costs, treatment costs and medical screening costs in other countries
- You can select from Individual and family travel insurance policy and student Suraksha policy.
- Get comprehensive cover from risks while you are on a vacation or a business trip
- Buying the policy online is an easy and quick process
- Previously known as Apollo Munich Travel Insurance
- Offers travel plans specific for individuals, families, senior citizens and frequent flyers
- Covers senior citizens up to the age of 80 years
- Special coverage for business travelers including embassy service, pre-trip information, etc.
- Boasts of smooth and speedy claim settlements
- Affordable plans offered at low premium rates
- Comes with five plan variants i.e. Bronze, Silver, Gold 100, Gold 250 and Gold 500
- Option to customize plan between worldwide plan and worldwide excluding USA & Canada
- Instant policy issuance due to lower processing time
- Worldwide round the clock assistance offered
- Online post-sales services provided
- Option to select the sum assured up to the amount of USD 5,00,000
- Travel policies for business travellers, tourists, students as well people travelling for employment
- Custom plans as per travel destination available
- Offers coverage for medical evacuation and personal accident
- Contingency insurance as well as medical emergency reunion cover offered under Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies policy
- Wholly owned by government organization,
- Plans for domestic as well as international travel available
- Overseas plan for travelers between the age of 6 months to 70 years
- Option to choose destination-specific coverage i.e. Worldwide including USA/ Canada and Worldwide except USA/ Canada
- Plans available for people travelling abroad for vacations, studying or work
- Choose sum insured amount up to Rs 5,00,000
- Provides travel policies for individuals, students and frequent business travelers
- Affordable rate of premium
- Worldwide assistance available round the clock
- Door-to-door coverage provided under student travel policies
- Offers digitally-signed policy document instantly
- It is an ISO 9001:2000 certified company providing customized travel insurance plans to meet its customer’s needs
- It is for travellers between the age of 6 months-80 years of age
- You can pick from a number of travel insurance plans for overseas and domestic travel, Schengen travel, multi-trip or group plans as well
- Easy customer support round the clock
- Affordable plans
- Religare travel insurance offers outpatient and inpatient treatment, while you’re abroad.
- This insurance policy covers expenses incurred while in case of contingency evacuation and transportation of the insured to a medical facility within the network of the company.
- The policy also covers the pre-existing ailments, in case it is any life-threatening medical condition, which requires immediate attention.
- Expenses incurred from the arrangement of transportation of the immediate member of the family for a concerned visit to the current location of the policyholder are also covered.
- The policy provides daily allowance throughout the stay of the insured at the hospital; so as to pay for several expenses including meals, transportation, communication, etc.
- Expenses incurred during getting a fresh or duplicate passport/replacement of a lost passport are also covered under this policy.
- Personal accident cover
- Expenses incurred from the delay in the journey due to certain reasons are also covered. It also covers all the expenses incurred from interruption or cancellation of a trip.
- Round the clock support and assistance
- It also offers coverage for all the expenses incurred due to loss of baggage, which was on-board.
- It also covers the insured for medical procedures in the home country
- Royal Sundaram covers medical expenses including hospitalisation expenses, OPD, local emergency medical transportation, doctor’s fees, and medical services for any injury or ailment sustained while you’re abroad.
- It offers sickness dental relief.
- The policy comes with daily cash allowance in the event of hospitalisation for more than 2 days.
- An Emergency cash advance is offered by the policy.
- Automatic extension of the policy for up to seven days.
- Loss of luggage is also covered under this policy.
- Catastrophe evacuation and political risk are also covered under the travel secure policy.
- Sum assured can be from USD 50,000- USD 5,00,000 in case of medical costs arising from repatriation and evacuation of the traveller
- Personal accident cover of up to USD 25,000
- Reimbursement for home burglary, flight cancellation or delay, trip cancellation or delay, loss of checked baggage, hijack cover, medical and hospitalization expense cover of up to USD 2000.
- Worldwide risk cover
- 24*7 emergency support services
- Hassle free cashless transactions
- Three plans variants available – Shri Travel, Shri Travel Elite and Shri Travel Plus
- Protects travellers between 3 months and 65 years
- Option to customize travel policy as per destination
- Covers losses incurred due to missed connection flight
- Offers 30-day extended medical treatment in India
- Coverage for Bail Bond and Golfers hole-in-one provided
- First standalone insurance company in India
- Comes in four plan variants – Travel Protect Individual/ Student/ Corporate/ Family
- No pre-health check-up required up to the age of 64 years
- Maintains personal e-health record
- Cashless claim settlements within one hour
- Free health magazines issued regularly to policyholders
- Round the clock assistance for claim settlements
- You can choose from these four plans namely - Travel Guard, Student Guard, Asia Travel Guard Policy and Domestic Travel Guard Policy
- Overseas cover from hospitalization expenses, misplacement of baggage or loss of passport, flight cancellation and so on
- Personal Accident Cover
- Sponsor protection for students
- Asia Travel Guard Policy: It provides 24-hour personal accident cover up to the amount of USD 15,000 as well as compensation for the expenses incurred while acquiring a duplicate or new passport.
- Domestic Travel Guard Policy gives you cover from hotel expenses arising due to trip delays, missed flights etc.
- Sum assured available up to USD 5,00,000
- Offers overseas as well as domestic travel policies
- Specific Schengen travel insurance available
- Provides a 10% discount on online purchase
- Automatic 7-day policy extension available
- Available in three plan variants – Silver, Gold and Platinum
- Covers travellers between the ages of 1 day to 70 years
- It offers worldwide assistance for travel and medical emergencies
- Option to opt for a sum assured between Rs. 50,000 to Rs 5,00,000 as per the requirement
- Covers the cost of diagnostic tests, X-ray, heat therapy, radiotherapy, etc.
- A lump sum payment is made in case of a financial emergency and flight delay
- Home burglary insurance is also offered
- Instant policy issuance
Disclaimer : *Policybazaar does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurer or insurance product offered by an insurer.
The best travel insurance company can be chosen on the premise of the reputation the company has in the market and the kind of product and services it has to offer including the benefits, inclusions and exclusions. There is no particular best travel insurance company. To put it logically, any travel insurance company offering the plan, which suits your prerequisites in the best possible way, is the best travel insurance company.
You can’t only consider the sum assured or the premium which will go out of your pockets, but also, risks and uncertainties are given a cover under the chosen travel insurance plan. If you look into the above-mentioned points, you would be able to decide which travel insurance plan or company seems to fit with your travel needs. It is advisable to compare travel insurance plans online from different sites, and based on your research and considerations, you can make the final decision.
- Most Read
- Travel to UK after New COVID Strain and Travel Insurance
Date: 08 January 2021
- 4 Pros & Cons of Travel Health Insurance That You Must Know
Date: 30 December 2020
- Travelling to Germany? Check Out the Best Travel Insurance for Your Trip
Date: 29 December 2020
- Popular Credit Cards in India with Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption Cover
Date: 24 December 2020
- Top 5 Wedding Destinations in India
Date: 16 December 2020
- Best Travel Insurance Policies in India
Views : 66621
- Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Plan for Your Next Holiday
Views : 24615
- Best Travel Insurance Companies in India
Views : 19394
- Travel Insurance or International Health Insurance: Which is the Best Option for You?
Views : 11176
- How to Claim Compensation for Lost, Delayed or Damaged Luggage
Views : 11020