- Worldwide Cashless Hospitalization Worldwide
- Premium Starts at as low as ₹300
- Covers for Loss of Baggage & Passport
- Covers Flight Delays & Cancellation
We promise limited calls
Top 5 Travel Insurance Companies in India
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 966 -
Modified 06 February 2018
Whether going on a family vacation, or for a honeymoon, it is the memories that you gather which would be etched in your mind forever. Nobody would want a well-planned vacation to get disrupted by an emergency. With flight delays, storms, terrorist events, and other interruptions becoming regular incidents over the past few years, people are proactively buying travel insurance policies to keep themselves protected against any unforeseen circumstance.
But which travel insurance policy to buy? Well, every policy buyer has different expectations from an insurer. But to make things easier for you we put together top 5 travel insurance companies for your consideration -
1. HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
You can select from various HDFC Ergo travel insurance plans namely, Single Trip, Multiple Trip, Asia and Family Floater Insurance Plans. You can easily buy the policy online from their website and the mobile app. They have more than 70 lakh satisfied customers and have the highest claim settlement ratio. It is also certified with ‘iAAA’ rating by ICRA.
- Cover emergency medical expenses incurred due to any accidental injury, emergency dental care, sudden illness, emergency medical assistance, hospitalization charges and medical tests
- Personal accident cover due to accidental death or permanent disability
- Any loss or damage to a third party, by the insured, is compensated by the insurance company
- Flight delay and cancellation for before 6 hours will be reimbursed by your insurer. You will also be compensated for additional meals and accommodation costs. All you need to do is to submit the bills.
- Loss of baggage is indemnified by the insurer. If the baggage remains lost for over 12 hours then the expenses incurred in replacing medication, clothing and other belongings in your baggage will also be covered
- 24*7 customer support is provided to address any of your queries before and during the trip
- The policy issuance process is transparent, quick, hassle-free and instant. You can easily do it online even while you are on the go
2. Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
There is a wide number of Bajaj Allianz travel insurance options to choose from. You can go for Individual, Family, Senior Citizen and Student Travel Insurance plans. There are insurance products like Corporate Travel insurance, Travel Asia plan for international travel, and Bharat Bhraman for domestic insurance.
Why go for it?
- Covers expense of flight delays or cancellations, pre and post hospitalization expenses, trip curtailment, delays or cancellation, loss of checked baggage and burglary or robbery in your absence
- Automatic claim settlement service for the customers who opt for Travel Ezee automatic claim settlement provision and get an automatic notification about any flight delay or cancellation along with payout eligibility. The amount will be reimbursed ton your bank account.
- Bajaj Allianz provides you a facility to connect with them anytime on their in-house international toll-free and fax numbers
- Quick and easy claim settlement process
- Particular insurance cover for specific travel needs
3. Tata AIG Travel Insurance
You can choose from 4 Tata AIG travel insurance plans based on the purpose of your travel. If you are going for an international trip, you can buy their Travel Guard plan to safeguard yourself from any uncertainties that arise before or during your trip. Students who are going abroad for higher education can opt for Student Guard - Overseas Health Insurance Plan. For trips within Asia, you can take up Asia Travel Guard Policy and for traveling within India, you can opt for Domestic Travel Guard Policy.
Why is it the right insurance?
- The insurer would pay for immediate medical help whether overseas or in India, except for any pre-existing condition
- In case you lose your travel tickets, a compensation of a pre-determined amount is offered
- Any physical, medical or financial damage to a third party is also covered
- In case of trip cancellation or delays, there is a provision of refund of accommodation expenses,
- In case of emergency hospitalization, the insurer will pay the round trip air-tickets as well stay for one immediate family member
- Flight cancellation expenses would also be reimbursed for any reason which is covered under the policy
- Hijack cash benefit for more than 24 hours
- Baggage loss cover
- Accidental death and dismemberment cover
- Study interruption cover for students studying abroad
- Emergency medical evacuation is also provided
- Repatriation of remains from place of death to the home country
4. Reliance Travel Insurance
If you want to purchase reliance travel insurance for one trip only, then you should go for the single trip insurance plan. And if you are a frequent traveler, then you can purchase a multi-trip plan that offers comprehensive cover.
Reasons to buy the policy
- You can explore the world with this affordable cover
- Pre-approved insurance cover valid in Schengen countries
- Assured coverage against any baggage and passport loss, trip delays, flight cancellations, accidental injuries and emergency medical treatments or hospitalizations
- Avail cashless medical services from the empanelled network hospitals
5. Apollo Munich Travel Insurance
There are five types of Apollo Munich travel insurance plans namely, Easy Travel – Individual Plan, Easy Travel – Family Plan, Easy Travel - Senior Citizen Plan, Easy Travel - Annual Multi-Trip Plan, and Educare - Student Travel Insurance Plan.
- Get compensation for medical treatment, support & emergency evacuation in a foreign land
- Reimbursement for burial or funeral ceremony in an unknown country
- Hospitalization expenses for each day. Also, pre- and post-hospitalization, medical tests and doctor consultation fees are compensated
- Compensation for all the inconvenience due to passport loss, flight cancellation and trip curtailment, and baggage loss
- Emergency cash in case of financial predicament during your trip
- Hijack daily allowance cover
In 2017, we saw a rise in travel insurance bookings. Not only before going on vacations but even while travelling for work, people buy a cover. Even students going abroad for higher education ensure that they have their insurance done before the departure. If you are pondering upon which insurance policy to buy, then you can choose one of the above-mentioned plans.
- Most Read
- Claim Settlement Guide for Domestic Travel Insurance
Date: 09 February 2018
- How to Avoid Travel-Related Scams on Your Next Trip?
Date: 09 February 2018
- Best Group Travel Insurance Plans In India
Date: 07 February 2018
- Why You Need Travel Insurance When Going On A Cruise?
Date: 06 February 2018
- Should Senior Citizen Travellers Buy Domestic Travel Insurance Plans?
Date: 06 February 2018
- Travel Insurance FAQ's
Views : 14518
- Domestic Travel Insurance Coverage & Benefits
Views : 11051
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 10946
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 7095
- How to Get the Best Deals on Travel Insurance?
Views : 5892