- Worldwide Cashless Hospitalization Worldwide
- Premium Starts at as low as ₹300
- Covers for Loss of Baggage & Passport
- Covers Flight Delays & Cancellation
We promise limited calls
Traveling Abroad? Bajaj Travel Insurance Deserves Giving a Close Look
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 948 -
Modified 21 December 2017
Traveling to distant places and enjoying every single trip to the fullest could be on your bucket list. While preparing yourself for the last moment, you must include adequate security measures in your bucket list. Well, adding travel insurance to this list could turn out to be your savior in an unforeseen scenario resulting in emergency hospitalization.
Since life is uncertain at every step taken forward, you never know what life holds for you. You might get one or more surprises at the last moment or during your trip, which could lead to the need for emergency medical assistance. An adequate travel insurance policy proves to be your best mate in every such situation.
Traveling Abroad without Medical Insurance could be risky
When it comes to traveling abroad, you must take care of certain additional things, such as carrying your passport with sufficient care. Imagine you lose your passport in a foreign land. How do you think you will be able to manage? A travel insurance policy assures necessary help to you in case of the loss of passport, checked baggage, or in a medical emergency that requires immediate hospitalization.
Key Benefits of International Travel Insurance
- Coverage for medical issues: Do you know how expensive it is to get hospitalized in a foreign country like America? Your lifelong savings could vanish overnight. When you travel abroad, you must have with you every essential thing that you need during your journey or during your stay. International travel insurance provides you with essential medical coverage when you need it, including an emergency that requires immediate hospitalization.
- Coverage for trip cancellation: Traveling to a foreign land might be your biggest dream. Well, if you really are such a dreamer, then you must ensure that both your journey and stay are covered for any emergency that can create a trouble for you. Trip cancellation due to a natural or manmade calamity or a technical issue with the airline is no wonder. A travel insurance policy covers all such scenarios and provides adequate compensation to you, in case one or more issues cause trip cancellation.
- Loss of partial or complete belongings: Not just complex issues like a medical emergency, and flight delay/cancellation but simple issues like loss of your partial or complete checked baggage is covered by a travel insurance policy. Although the coverage is subject to your travel policy only, you can choose to get all such scenarios covered at an additional premium payment.
Bajaj Allianz plays the Savior
Despite a medical emergency arising out of a sudden illness or an unforeseen scenario, an event like flight delay could prove to be a harrowing experience for you, as you would miss the connecting flight (if any). To eliminate the odds of such issues in the future, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, a private sector insurer, has launched an application called Travel Ezee that uses the blockchain technology to take care of all travel insurance claims before they are even reported to the insurer.
Therefore, if you travel abroad and buy Bajaj travel insurance, then you don’t have to worry about the flight delay. In case your flight is delayed, you can tap on the Travel Ezee application installed on your smartphone and provide your account details right away. You claim would be disbursed as the company has third-party aggregator to ensure that without any delay. At the same time, you will need to register your flight details on the company’s website/ self-service portal.
Note: This service is currently available for the international flights only.
At present, a claim can be registered by you only after the submission of the flight delay certificate by the airline with the claim form attached. This process may take up to 1 week to complete.
Bringing this to the spotlight, the Managing Director & CEO, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, Mr. Tapan Singhel said that the claims raised by individuals will now be processed with ease, unlike the current lengthy process that is being followed. The new process is also expected to reduce the turnaround time for customers in reference to the company’s services.
Introduction to Instant Motor Claim Service
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company has also facilitated Instant Motor Claim Service for its customers. The service called Motor on the Spot allows vehicle owners to take a self-survey and get their claims for damages that cost up to Rs. 20, 000 disbursed within a span of 20 Minutes. All they have to do is upload the scanned images and details of the damaged vehicle through the mobile app.
Basis the images uploaded and sent by you, the insurance company decides the claim amount. After that, if you agree to the terms, the company immediately disburses the claim and the vehicle can be repaired accordingly. The Bajaj Allianz travel insurance company is looking forward to increasing this amount to up to Rs. 50, 000 in the next 6 Months to 1 Year. The company, at present, has only 3 percent digital contribution towards its overall sales, which is considerably low in today’s digital era. People are willing to buy and sell things online from their comfort zone. This also minimizes the hassle of visiting the market and exploring things around.
Analyze Driving Behavior
Bajaj Allianz had also introduced a telematics device to look and analyze the driving behavior of the vehicle owner as well as of its other users. Allowing its customers to register their motor insurance claims, retrieve the soft copy of the insurance policy, and locate a nearby workshop or hospital, the company had launched Boing, a chatbot. The service is based on AI and its availability is 24x7.
|You may like to Read: 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans|
The Bottom Line!
They say, “If you cannot afford travel insurance, you cannot really afford to travel.” Traveling to any place, whether domestic or international, could be risky and therefore, it demands adequate security measures to be taken whatsoever the case maybe. A travel insurance policy could turn out to be your best mate in case of a medical emergency. So never fail to ensure your own safety, as life is the more precious gift you can ever receive.
- Most Read
- Travelling Alone? This Is Why You Need an Individual Travel Insurance Policy
Date: 11 January 2018
- How Bajaj Allianz Travel Prime Individual Plan Covers Your Overseas Travel?
Date: 11 January 2018
- 10 Things Your Travel Insurance Policy Won’t Cover
Date: 10 January 2018
- What You Need to Know About Student Travel Insurance?
Date: 10 January 2018
- How to Decide if You Need Pre-Existing Coverage on Your Travel Insurance?
Date: 05 January 2018
- Travel Insurance FAQ's
Views : 13939
- Domestic Travel Insurance Coverage & Benefits
Views : 10124
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 9895
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 6533
- How to Get the Best Deals on Travel Insurance?
Views : 5516