A lot of times we find domestic travel insurance unnecessary and another added burden on our pocket. The exorbitant flight costs and to top it up we have to pay for travel insurance. It is just too much! Though, we are fine with buying insurance while travelling international. Sadly, it is domestic travel insurance which bears the brunt.
Myth: My Flying Time is Not More Than an Hour. I don’t Need Travel Insurance for Such a Short Trip.
Truth: Emergency doesn’t depend on the time of flight. An emergency situation can happen in matter of seconds.
- Your flight gets delayed and you can miss your connecting flight.
- Your flight gets cancelled and you are left hanging.
- You might lose your baggage.
- You might fall sick while in transit.
All these situations are not time dependent. They can happen anytime. The only way to be prepared for it is to buy travel insurance. Get financial assistance if you face an emergency situation during transit and save yourself more stress.
Myth: Domestic Travel Insurance is Expensive. I can’t Afford it.
Truth: First thing first – If you can’t afford to buy travel insurance then you can’t afford to travel. Period.
Domestic travel insurance is not expensive. It is just your mindset. You are seeing the glass half empty. If you are convinced of the criticality of insurance then you won’t find it expensive. Also, there are so many companies offering insurance that you will be spoilt for choices. You can choose the one that fits your requirement and budget.
Myth: Buying Insurance and Getting Claim is Such a Cumbersome Process.
Truth: Most of the travel insurance companies these days offer online services. You can buy online and even file a claim using intuitive online process.
Myth: Insurance Companies are Usually Reluctant to Pay up When The Claim Time Comes.
Truth: Most of the times problem arises because of mis-selling. If you didn’t read the policy documents carefully or trusted the agent a bit too much then the probabilities of not getting the right claim increases. Here is a checklist of things that will ensure that you get your claim money hassle-free:
- Read the policy documents carefully.
- Compare the travel insurance policies online.
- Buy the policy online so that you fill the forms yourself and ensure that right information is filled in.
- Don’t fall into the trap of false promises by the agent.
Well, if you have read the documents carefully, filled the form correctly and know what to expect then no one can cheat you. There are laws to protect your rights, if the need arises. However, in most cases, following these basic steps ensures that you get the rightful claim.
Don’t underestimate the importance of travel insurance. Enjoy your trip!
- Frequent Traveller to Keep the Stress at a Bay with Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
Date: 18 August 2017
- Prioritize Safety This Long Weekend with Travel Insurance
Date: 04 August 2017
- Medical Travel Insurance a Must if Going Abroad for Honeymoon
Date: 03 July 2017
- Traveling Abroad? Bajaj Travel Insurance Deserves Giving a Close Look
Date: 29 June 2017
- How Travel Insurance can keep you out of Trouble?
Date: 15 May 2017
- Travel Insurance FAQ's
Views : 13161
- Domestic Travel Insurance Coverage & Benefits
Views : 8412
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 8061
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 5532
- How to get the best deals on travel insurance?
Views : 4863