Busting Common Myths about Domestic Travel Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 4116 -
Updated date : 16 December 2019
A lot of times we find domestic travel insurance unnecessary and another added burden on our pocket. The exorbitant flight costs and to top it up we have to pay for travel insurance. It is just too much! Though, we are fine with buying insurance while travelling international. Sadly, it is domestic travel insurance which bears the brunt.
Myth: My Flying Time is Not More Than an Hour. I don’t Need Travel Insurance for Such a Short Trip.
Truth: Emergency doesn’t depend on the time of flight. An emergency situation can happen in matter of seconds.
- Your flight gets delayed and you can miss your connecting flight.
- Your flight gets cancelled and you are left hanging.
- You might lose your baggage.
- You might fall sick while in transit.
All these situations are not time dependent. They can happen anytime. The only way to be prepared for it is to buy travel insurance. Get financial assistance if you face an emergency situation during transit and save yourself more stress.
Myth: Domestic Travel Insurance is Expensive. I can’t Afford it.
Truth: First thing first – If you can’t afford to buy travel insurance then you can’t afford to travel. Period.
Domestic travel insurance is not expensive. It is just your mindset. You are seeing the glass half empty. If you are convinced of the criticality of insurance then you won’t find it expensive. Also, there are so many companies offering insurance that you will be spoilt for choices. You can choose the one that fits your requirement and budget.
Myth: Buying Insurance and Getting Claim is Such a Cumbersome Process.
Truth: Most of the travel insurance companies these days offer online services. You can buy online and even file a claim using intuitive online process.
Myth: Insurance Companies are Usually Reluctant to Pay up When The Claim Time Comes.
Truth: Most of the times problem arises because of mis-selling. If you didn’t read the policy documents carefully or trusted the agent a bit too much then the probabilities of not getting the right claim increases. Here is a checklist of things that will ensure that you get your claim money hassle-free:
- Read the policy documents carefully.
- Compare the travel insurance policies online.
- Buy the policy online so that you fill the forms yourself and ensure that right information is filled in.
- Don’t fall into the trap of false promises by the agent.
Well, if you have read the documents carefully, filled the form correctly and know what to expect then no one can cheat you. There are laws to protect your rights, if the need arises. However, in most cases, following these basic steps ensures that you get the rightful claim.
Don’t underestimate the importance of travel insurance. Enjoy your trip!
- Most Read
- You Must Know These 10 Exclusions in Domestic Travel Insurance
Date: 28 November 2019
- Your Reasons to Buy Domestic Travel Insurance
Date: 19 February 2019
- Diwali Bonanza by IRCTC: Travel Safe with ‘Travel Rail Insurance’ @ just 1 Paisa
Date: 02 November 2018
- Travel Insurance for Domestic Vacations
Date: 24 July 2018
- A List of Exclusions for Travel Insurance in India
Date: 23 July 2018
- Domestic Travel Insurance Coverage & Benefits
Views : 16364
- Should Senior Citizen Travellers Buy Domestic Travel Insurance Plans?
Views : 8008
- Claim Settlement Guide for Domestic Travel Insurance
Views : 7775
- Baggage Insurance For Indian Railways - A Welcome Move
Views : 5840
- Busting Common Myths about Domestic Travel Insurance
Views : 4116
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator