The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has devised plans to launch baggage insurance for passengers as part of its efforts to provide them more facilities while booking tickets online through IRCTC website. Under a tie-up with New India Assurance, IRCTC will offer cover to a passenger in case of theft or loss of baggage. Goods like mobile phone, laptop or other valuable articles will also be covered as part of the travel insurance package. In a move to make it best travel insurance, IRCTC has also decided to include other options like hospitalization during the journey. The premium would depend on a range of factors like length of the journey and class of travel.
With more than 2 million passengers commuting on a daily basis and about 52% opting for e-ticketing, IRCTC hopes that baggage insurance will become a hit among passengers.
Source: This news was published on April 21, 2015 in deccanherald.com under the title: IRCTC to offer baggage insurance for passengers
- Most Read
- 12 Amazing Places to Visit in India Before They Vanish
Date: 26 October 2017
- Our Guide to Travelling with Your Kids on a Plane
Date: 13 October 2017
- How to Claim Compensation for Lost, Delayed or Damaged Luggage
Date: 11 October 2017
- 10 Travel Tips for Your First International Travel
Date: 10 October 2017
- How to Plan the Perfect Road Trip Anywhere In India
Date: 09 October 2017
- Travel Insurance FAQ's
Views : 13625
- Domestic Travel Insurance Coverage & Benefits
Views : 9490
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 9169
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 6131
- How to get the best deals on travel insurance?
Views : 5320