Top 9 Tips to Procure the Best Travel Insurance Plan
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3861 -
Updated date : 18 December 2019
Life is unpredictable and so can be your travel plans. For both domestic and international travel insurance plan, it’s important to search and buy best travel insurance online. It will offer protection against any unforeseen circumstances - like medical/ health emergencies, lost baggage, missed flights, loss of passport/documents, personal liabilities, also hijack and repatriation. It also covers non-refundable things in case you fall sick before your trip, demise of someone close or even natural calamities. There are multiple plans and the coverage amount varies too. So, what you can do is compare best travel insurance plans online, from at least 2-3 insurance companies and decide which one will best suit your needs.
Rightly, you should be spending as much time on travel insurance as you do while selecting a destination, your accommodation options and your mode of transport.
Here are the Top Things for you to Keep in Mind while Buying Travel Insurance Online:
- Comparison - Evaluate what you need and do some research about a few other insurance companies, their background, records, and customer reviews. After analyzing the benefits and suitability, you can figure out, which one better secures your travel needs.
- Types of Insurance - There are different insurance plans for international travel, domestic travel, family travel, student and senior citizen. For those who are 65 and above can choose a senior citizen plan allowing coverage for prior illness in certain conditions and also fortuitous death.
- Duration of the Stay/Travel - The longer your journey the larger the premium and vice versa. If you fly frequently for business purposes, then you can choose from yearly travel insurance premiums also. People you travel for leisure can take an insurance policy during that time as well.
- Age limit - Obviously risk cover varies with age limit. If someone is of 20-25 years of age, then that person might get less insurance cover as compared to someone who is 50 years and above. The severity of illness varies with age and also the medical travel insurance plans.
- Medical Conditions - Your insurer should know about your current medical conditions, so that, they can inform you about suitable travel insurance policy accordingly. Some insurance companies may agree to cover your medical conditions. Sometimes, they might even take some extra premium or just disagree to include certain conditions.
- Destination - In India, travel insurance is comparatively less expensive as compared to other countries. So, in this case, if you are travelling to the United States or Thailand, the premium will vary. That is why it is important to choose your travel insurance plan as per the country you are travelling to or are planning to go.
- If you are doing any adventurous sports - If you love adventure and are planning to take up some extreme adventure sports like skydiving or scuba diving, then you can opt for travel insurance plans that cover such risks. Remember, normal sports activities like skiing, biking, swimming, horse riding or any activity which may put your life at risk, so you need find one plan accordingly. Based on your priorities, you can compare travel insurance policies and choose the one which will give you maximum coverage. Do not fall in the trap of a cheap or very economical policy; make sure it gives you enough health insurance cover, in case of any mishap.
- Look for Discounts - Group travel insurance plans cover more members at a much more affordable price than what the cost would be for every single person. These discounts are also available on corporate travel insurance plans as well. So, you just need to figure the best plan suiting to your needs and then buy it accordingly.
- Read all the features carefully - It is imperative for you to read all the features carefully before choosing an adequate option. You can even take a screenshot for future reference. For example, if you are renting a vehicle and you have opted for insurance that gives you coverage for rented vehicles, then keep that clause ready with you to avoid any trouble in the future.
As they say it, it’s better to be safe than sorry! In order to save some money on flights bookings, we all make our bookings much in advance. But it’s important to calculate the safety measures, along with your travel. It doesn’t take a fortune to buy travel insurance, just a portion of your travel expenses. Simply put, if you really want to enjoy a safe travel to your destination, then you should surely plan to buy travel insurance online for your next trip.
- Most Read
- 7 Things To Know Before Claiming International Travel Insurance
Date: 31 December 2019
- Top 8 Tips to Follow When Travelling to Thailand in 2020
Date: 27 November 2019
- These 9 Important Things That Every Frequent Overseas Traveller Should Have
Date: 14 November 2019
- How Important is to Buy Travel Insurance when Travelling to the US?
Date: 05 November 2019
- International Travel Insurance Myths You Got to Stop Believing
Date: 20 August 2019
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 12034
- What are the benefits of International Travel Insurance?
Views : 11526
- How to Get the Best Deals on Travel Insurance?
Views : 10456
- International Travel Insurance Plans
Views : 9524
- How Trip Cancellation Affects Your Travel Insurance
Views : 8041
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator