Why should you Buy Travel Insurance for Your International Trip?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1772 -
Updated date : 18 December 2019
Are you one of those who love to travel but often ignore buying a travel insurance policy? Then this article will help change your opinion. We cannot predict what is going to happen next, so how can you ensure that everything goes as planned on a trip.
Whilst holidaying in a foreign land, how will you prevent such unforeseen circumstances from taking place? In the event of accidental injuries or a medical emergency, would you prefer to deal with such events on your own or you would like to feel fortified?
Though travel insurance policy cannot avert any mishap, it offers monetary support under critical conditions. There are a number of benefits that you can avail if you have travel insurance handy.
Benefits of an International Travel Insurance Policy
- Liability Cover - In case there is a damage caused to a third party, then the insurance company will compensate the legal expenses.
- Trip Cancellation Cover - There can be a number of reasons for trip cancellation. In case you fall sick or if there is an accident due to which you have to cancel your plans. If any of the family members or members in a travel group gets sick, the trip may get canceled. The insurance company will pay for the expenses that are covered in the policy.
- Trip Interruption - In some cases, you will want to terminate the trip. The partial trip loss will be borne by the insurance company.
- Loss of Baggage Cover- If the baggage is lost the insurance company will pay the full amount. You will also get an allowance to buy essential items as per the policy terms and conditions.
- Loss of Travel Documents - It is essential to keep your travel documents safe such as passport on an international trip. The loss of essential documents will lead to serious trouble. When you buy the cover for the loss of travel documents, the insurance company will help you get a new set of travel documents.
- Hospital Cash Allowance - In case you get hospitalized due to an accident or illness the insurer will pay the daily allowance expenses.
- Personal Accident Cover - Compensation for accidental injuries or death is provided by the insurance company. The policyholder’s nominee will get the financial benefit.
- Emergency Financial Assistance - The insurance company offers emergency financial assistance in case you happen to exhaust your funds due to theft.
- Hijack Distress Allowance - If the plane gets hijacked then the insurance company will reimburse for the loss or damage as per the policy terms and conditions.
- Repatriation of Remains - The expenses involved in moving the mortal remains of the insured person to the home country will be borne by the insurance company.
- Dental Emergencies - The insurance policy will cover dental emergencies in case of an accident. Please note that all the policies do not offer this benefit.
- 24/7 Assistance - You can avail round-the-clock assistance from the insurance company. The insurance company can be contacted on their toll-free number to help you out.
An international travel insurance policy will give protection from a number of contingencies. You can buy travel insurance online as it will save time and money. An online travel insurance policy is offered by almost all the insurance providers.
Types of Overseas Travel Insurance Plans
The following different types of overseas travel insurance plans are available:
- Student Travel Insurance - A student who is traveling to other countries to pursue educational courses can subscribe to student travel insurance plan
- Business Travel Insurance - Business travel related risks will be covered by the business travel insurance plan
- Travel Insurance for Holidays- Travelling to another country on a holiday purpose will be covered by an overseas travel insurance plan
How to Buy an Overseas Travel Insurance Plan?
You can buy a travel insurance plan online or offline from an agent or branch. You can consult the agent or visit the branch directly. By choosing an online option, you can cut down the premium as the insurance company will give a discount for online policies.
If you are suffering from health issues before buying the travel insurance policy, they should be shared with the insurance companies.
Non-disclosure of information will lead to cancellation of the policy or the claim by the insurance company.
You should be aware of the claims process of the travel insurance. Most of the insurance companies implement online claim settlement process.
International Travel Insurance Plans are affordable and the policy can be customized as per the needs of customers. You can minimize losses and overcome financial stress by choosing the best travel insurance plan. There are individual, family, student, senior citizen and Schenzen insurance policies that you can buy as per your requirements.
- Most Read
- 7 Things To Know Before Claiming International Travel Insurance
Date: 31 December 2019
- Top 8 Tips to Follow When Travelling to Thailand in 2020
Date: 27 November 2019
- These 9 Important Things That Every Frequent Overseas Traveller Should Have
Date: 14 November 2019
- How Important is to Buy Travel Insurance when Travelling to the US?
Date: 05 November 2019
- International Travel Insurance Myths You Got to Stop Believing
Date: 20 August 2019
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 12797
- What are the benefits of International Travel Insurance?
Views : 12655
- How to Get the Best Deals on Travel Insurance?
Views : 11167
- International Travel Insurance Plans
Views : 10328
- How Trip Cancellation Affects Your Travel Insurance
Views : 8862