- Worldwide Cashless Hospitalization Worldwide
- Premium Starts at as low as ?300
- Covers for Loss of Baggage & Passport
- Covers Flight Delays & Cancellation
We promise limited calls
Lost Baggage Overseas, Man Wins Insurance Claim
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1883 -
Modified 14 April 2014
The insurance firm claimed that no details of stolen articles and non-substantial loss led to no detrimental effect on his travel plan but the forum said that the loss did affect the journey of an MTNL prinicial general manager.
12th April, 2014; MUMBAI: On friday, an insurance firm got an order from a district forum about reimbursing Rs 60,600 and compensating Rs 15,000 to an MTNL principal general manager after one of his bags containing 1,100 dollars, a camera and documents was stolen during an official trip to Geneva in 2009.
His travel insurance claim could not be rejected on the basis of this fact that the robbery didn't hamper his return according to the forum. A complaint has been filed against ICICI Lombard General Insurance company by Mahendra Shedhu through the Consumer Welfare Association.
Mr. Sendhu's Global Trotter Overseas Individual Travel Insurance Policy was valid from October 4th to 10th, 2009. At 5.30am on 10th October, he found one of his bags missing while waiting at a bus stop in Geneva.
After lodging a police complaint immediately, he filed a claim upon his return to India. But the claim got rejected on 28th October, 2009. Then, he went to the Central Mumbai District Disputes Redressal Forum in 2011 and filed a complaint there. As Mr. Shedha could not provide details of stolen articles and the loss was not substantial, it led to no detrimental effect on his travel policy by the firm. The forum said that the loss of baggage did affect the journey of Mr. Shedha and it was evidenced by the police complaint's copy.
- Most Read
- Top 9 Tips to Procure the Best Travel Insurance Plan
Date: 30 July 2018
- Always Buy Travel Insurance for your International Trip
Date: 20 July 2018
- 5 Important Responsibilities That You Should Fulfill Before You Travel Abroad
Date: 19 January 2018
- How to Decide if You Need Pre-Existing Coverage on Your Travel Insurance?
Date: 05 January 2018
- How Trip Cancellation Affects Your Travel Insurance
Date: 04 January 2018
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 9120
- How to Get the Best Deals on Travel Insurance?
Views : 7542
- What are the benefits of International Travel Insurance?
Views : 6174
- International Travel Insurance Plans
Views : 5995
- Travel Insurance Claim Rejected - Why?
Views : 5378