Rising Travel Insurance Premium
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2292 -
Updated date : 27 January 2014
With the fall in the rupee, IRDA has provided permission to general insurance companies of increasing the premium of travel insurance policy. The industry resources informed that the premium of marine insurance is also to escalate because of the same reason. An official of private general insurer said that they had approached Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) for increasing the travel insurance premium because of the rupee depreciation, as quoted by the resources.
An increasing number of overseas travelers and the rise in claim pricing, which is generally in dollars, have made travel insurance sector grow better. Adding to this fact, an official from a famous private insurance company aid that since April there has been a downfall in rupee by 20%, whereas, the claim cost for insurers have elevated as they are generally settled in dollars.
Discussing about the rise in premium, insurance officials informed that approximately 80% of travel insurance claims are related to health issues which make increase in premium rates quite obvious. Claim costs have risen by 10% and so a similar ascend is expected in case of premium.
- Most Read
- 7 Things To Know Before Claiming International Travel Insurance
Date: 31 December 2019
- Top 8 Tips to Follow When Travelling to Thailand in 2020
Date: 27 November 2019
- These 9 Important Things That Every Frequent Overseas Traveller Should Have
Date: 14 November 2019
- How Important is to Buy Travel Insurance when Travelling to the US?
Date: 05 November 2019
- International Travel Insurance Myths You Got to Stop Believing
Date: 20 August 2019
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 12017
- What are the benefits of International Travel Insurance?
Views : 11486
- How to Get the Best Deals on Travel Insurance?
Views : 10441
- International Travel Insurance Plans
Views : 9508
- How Trip Cancellation Affects Your Travel Insurance
Views : 8019
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator