- Worldwide Cashless Hospitalization Worldwide
- Premium Starts at as low as ₹300
- Covers for Loss of Baggage & Passport
- Covers Flight Delays & Cancellation
We promise limited calls
Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 9966 -
Modified 21 December 2017
Are you going abroad for further studies? To ensure hassle free studies, you should first get a student travel insurance. Studying abroad involves a number of unforeseen risks. Overseas travel insurance makes sure your study is not interrupted by any financial contingency whilst abroad. Travel insurance coverage protects the students against medical and non-medical contingencies. Here are some more reasons why you should consider getting a student travel insurance before leaving India.
Most of the universities abroad make it mandatory for their students to get travel insurance coverage.
- Medical expenses abroad are unbearably high, which makes it very important for the students to get a student health travel insurance.
- Getting a student travel insurance from India is far cheaper than getting it from UK or US
- The parents are always concerned about their children when they go abroad for higher education. But when they know their children are covered under student travel insurance, it brings a mental relief to them.
The best student travel plans combines the features of both medical insurance and regular travel insurance. Further, it provides comparatively wider coverage than other forms of insurance. It includes what is usually excluded from regular insurance policies such as dental treatment, mental and nervous disorders and maternity cover. Here's out top pick of the best travel insurance plans for students.
1). TATA AIG Student Guard Plus
TATA AIG promises the insured of quick disbursement of claims via its vast web of network hospitals worldwide. Student Guard Plus comes with 24 hrs. worldwide emergency assistance service. But what really sets this plan apart is Red 24 Service, that is a kind of an advanced information center aimed at informing the insured about the specific potential risks and threats in a particular location. Another unique feature is that it covers medical expenses on cancer screening and mammography. It covers the following:
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Repatriation of remains
- Felonious assault
- Study interruption
- Sponsor protection
- Accident medical expenses
- Parents/guardians visit to student
- Visit by student
- Personal accident cover
- Maternity benefits for termination of pregnancy
- Mental and nervous disorders
2). Bajaj Allianz Student Elite Plan
Every student is unique and so is his/her insurance needs. The best insurers understand this and offer distinct and tailor made coverage to meet individual needs. That's why Student Elite Plan comes in three variants, standard, silver and gold. Bajaj Allianz boasts of being the only insurance company with in-house international toll-free numbers. Student Elite gives a wide coverage for the following:
- Hospitalization expenses
- Loss of baggage
- Family visit and other incidental expenses
- Bail bonds and tuition fee
- Loss of passport
- Dental pain relief
- Cancellation/curtailment of trip
- Home burglary cover
Compare and Save Big!
To find the best student travel insurance online, always compare the plans being offered in the market. Never make sum insured and premium, the sole basis of comparison. Research well and compare the available options on parameters such as claim settlement ratio, online facilities, network of hospitals and awards and recognitions earned by the insurer.
- Most Read
- 5 Important Responsibilities That You Should Fulfill Before You Travel Abroad
Date: 19 January 2018
- Travelling Alone? This Is Why You Need an Individual Travel Insurance Policy
Date: 11 January 2018
- How Bajaj Allianz Travel Prime Individual Plan Covers Your Overseas Travel?
Date: 11 January 2018
- 10 Things Your Travel Insurance Policy Won’t Cover
Date: 10 January 2018
- What You Need to Know About Student Travel Insurance?
Date: 10 January 2018
- Travel Insurance FAQ's
Views : 14007
- Domestic Travel Insurance Coverage & Benefits
Views : 10188
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 9966
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 6583
- How to Get the Best Deals on Travel Insurance?
Views : 5542