Princeton University Student Health Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1045 -
Updated date : 18 December 2019
The most densely populated state in the USA, New Jersey has much more to offer in terms of strong economy, culture and education. Even it is one of the dream destinations for foreign students wishing to pursue higher studies. Princeton University is one among the most preferred universities in the state, which has consistently being in the top list. In fact, it is one of the dream universities for the foreign students to pursue higher studies.
Princeton University for Foreign Students
If talking about world’s leading universities, Princeton University is amongst the most sought-after education institutes and was ranked 10th in the 2013/14 QS World University Rankings and 7th in the US. Founded in the year 1746, Princeton is the fourth-oldest university in the USA. The university is well-known for its distinctive research with a profound commitment to UG education. With 1,261 faculty members including full-time, part-time and visiting faculties and 26 Nobel Prize winners, the university welcomes 1,064,586+ students annually.
Entry Essentials for Princeton University
- Student VISA Information - Any student travelling to New Jersey for getting admission in Princeton University must obtain a valid Visa in advance to enter the country. The application for Visa can be downloaded from the official website of the CIA and submitted to an authorised visa agent.
- Passport Information - It is mandatory entry rule for the foreign students to New Jersey for getting admissions in Princeton University to have a passport valid for travel for at least six months beyond their intended stay in New Jersey’s Princeton University.
- Visa Waiver Programme - It is an initiative of the USA Government, under which a visitor is allowed the citizens from 38 participating countries to stay up to 90 days without a visa.
- ESTA Authorisation - To enter New Jersey under VWP, travellers must have an approval through the process of Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), which involves furnishing specified details of traveller(s) before boarding their flights to New Jersey, USA.
- Student Health Insurance - Having covered under a health insurance policy is the basic essential to enter a foreign country for studies. Princeton University also offers student health insurance under Student Health Plan (SHP) to cove the outstanding healthcare expenses while abroad. However, health insurance offered by Princeton proved to be an expensive affair for the foreign students, especially the ones from India, due to the soaring price of dollar against Indian currency. Therefore, one must consider buying student travel insurance specially designed to cater to the specific needs of the students while travelling or during his/her stay.
Princeton University Health Insurance Vs. Student Travel Insurance
Princeton Student Health Insurance
Student Travel Insurance
Dental pain relief
100% after a $20 co-pay for each visit
*Comparison date culled from Princeton University SHP brochure and TATA AIG Student Guard Plan brochure.
Admission Requirements for Princeton University
Every year, Princeton University offers admissions to thousands of students across the globe. The year 2018 marked 35,370 applications out of which 1,346 were enrolled. The admissions are offered based on the common application process, entrance exam or other required admission test. The applications process is available for international applicants, transfer applicants and home schooled applicants. The minimum requirement for admission includes:
- Duly filled application form
- Princeton Supplement through the Coalition Application, Common Application or Universal College Application
- Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- Graded Written Paper
- An official transcript
- School Report
- Counsellor Recommendation
- Recommendation from two teachers
- Mid-year School Report
- SAT/ACT/GPA score
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores
- Art supplement, if any
Top Attractions for Students near Princeton University
For Princeton University students, education and fun go hand in hand. Apart from the beautiful lush green campus with a lively atmosphere, the nearby areas of the university offer some of the excellent tourist attractions:
- Cotsen Children’s Library
- Princeton United Methodist Church
- Historical Society of Princeton
- Bainbridge House
- Princeton Garden Theatre
- Princeton Tour Company
- Princeton University Chapel
- Princeton Public Library
Shopping Attractions for Students near Princeton University
Princeton University offers a plenty of quick shopping spots in the close vicinity of the campus to ensure that students have a quality time exploring the places and find something as per their preferences:
- Wild Oats
- Whole Earth Center
- McCaffrey's, Princeton Shopping Center
- Pennington Market
- Super Fresh
- Trenton Indoor Farmers' Marke
Eating out For Students near Princeton University
Restaurants within the vicinity of the university campus serve some of the most delicious food to quench the foodie in you. Even with a limit option, the area offers every types of culinary around the campus. Some of the great options to explore:
- Triumph Brewing Company
- Pj's Pancake House
- Panera Bread
- 30 Burgers Princeton
- The Little Chef Pastry Shop
Accommodation for Students Near Princeton University
The nearby area of Princeton University has a handful of options for accommodation. One an either opt for hostel facility within the university campus or a rented house. Private hostels are also there to serve a large number of students. Some of the hotels within the vicinity include:
- Nassau Inn Princeton
- Peacock Inn Princeton
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Princeton
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Princeton
Princeton University Transport for Students
Princeton University’s pocket-friendly transportation is convenient for every student. The campus is well-accessible through bike, carpool, Tiger Transit, Zagster bike share, Enterprise bike share etc. Moreover, annual permits are provided to getting around the campus will less hassle.
Some Facts on Local Law and Etiquette when Studying in Princeton University
- Buying/drinking age - Foreign students below 18 years of age are not allowed to consume alcohol. However, the students over 18 years of age can by alcohol by furnishing a valid ID proof.
- Smoking age - The official smoking age in New Jersey is 21 years. However, the university is a tobacco-free zone with no smoking including e-cigarettes in the campus.
If Princeton University is your study abroad bucket list, you may find this information handy!
- Most Read
- A Quick Guide to Submit Student Travel Insurance Claim
Date: 26 December 2019
- 10 Common Exclusions under a Student Travel Insurance Plan
Date: 28 November 2019
- Things to Know Before Buying Student Travel Insurance
Date: 13 November 2019
- Reasons Why Comparison of Student Travel Insurance Is Important
Date: 05 November 2019
- A Quick Guide to Student Travel Insurance
Date: 21 June 2019
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 24287
- Why To Buy Overseas Student Travel Insurance?
Views : 8436
- Things You Should Know While Planning Your Studies Abroad
Views : 7416
- Best Features covered under Student Travel Insurance!
Views : 7381
- Myths Busted about Student Travel Insurances
Views : 6865
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator