New Zealand Extends Support for Indian Students by Announcing Scholarship Programme
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3336 -
Updated date : 17 March 2015
Indian students willing to pursue higher education can benefit from New Zealand’s programmes in 2016. Announcement of the latest round of Common Wealth scholarships from New Zealand provides aid programme for academically strong students with leadership qualities and commitment to India’s development.
India and New Zealand have shared an excellent relationship with a range of growing political, sports, commercial and educational activities. The scholarship provided by this European country for the Indian students plays a significant role in creating useful links between the two countries. New Zealand’s high commissioner to India expressed his views positively towards the programme.
The recipients of the scholarship will experience the unique educational style of New Zealand which encourages independent and intelligent analytical thinking. Education Regional Director of New Zealand said that the hands on experience would help them to apply in their developing countries. The scholarship is provided for pursuing higher education i.e., for Master’s degree and Ph.D. programs. There are various themes available for scholarship including renewable energy, development of agriculture, education, public and private sector growth and disaster management.
The scholarship includes the subjects that would promote growth and development in India’s social, political and economic areas. The students are required to return home and serve here for a minimum time of two-year, so that India gains from the programme.
The scholarship financially supports the needs of the students by covering full tuition fee, living allowance, medical insurance, establishment allowance, and travel insurance, all through the scholarship program. Other financial support includes support for home leave, research assistance and thesis costs for the postgraduate students.
(Source: This article has been adapted from the article "New Zealand announces aid programme for Indian students" that appeared on March 12, 2015 in thehindubusinessline.com)
- Most Read
- A Quick Guide to Student Travel Insurance
Date: 21 June 2019
- Ohio State University Student Health Insurance
Date: 16 May 2019
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Student Health Insurance
Date: 01 May 2019
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) Student Health Insurance
Date: 29 April 2019
- Harvard University Student Health Insurance
Date: 25 April 2019
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 21576
- Why To Buy Overseas Student Travel Insurance?
Views : 7978
- Best Features covered under Student Travel Insurance!
Views : 6853
- Things You Should Know While Planning Your Studies Abroad
Views : 6806
- Myths Busted about Student Travel Insurances
Views : 6390
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator