Italy Tourist Visa
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 184 -
Updated date : 13 February 2020
Italy Tourist Visa is a legal permit that allows a foreign national to enter and stay in Italy for a specific period of time. It is issued only to tourists who want to spend their vacations in Italy or meet their families and friends residing there. People who wish to obtain medical treatment from a healthcare provider in Italy can also apply for this type of Italy visa. Moreover, people travelling to Italy for business purposes including meetings, conferences, mergers, etc. also need to apply for a tourist visa for Italy.
Tourist visa for Italy is a type of Short-term Uniform visa or C visa and thus, is issued for a maximum duration of 90 days. The Italian Embassy can issue this type of visa either for single entry or for multiple entries.
Please note that the Embassy of Italy grants Schengen visa as the Italy Tourist visa with limitations as per the purpose and duration of the applicant’s trip. A Schengen visa allows a non-European citizen to visit one or multiple Schengen countries under a single visa. Italy is one of the 26 Schengen countries, which together make the Schengen area.
How to Apply for Italy Tourist Visa for Indians?
In order to apply for an Italy Tourist visa for Indians, you will have to get in touch with VFS Global Services. The Embassy of Italy has appointed VFS Global as the official partner to offer Italy visa application services in India. It works under the guidelines of the Italian Embassy and helps them in handling services such as the collection of visa applications, fees and returning of the applicants’ passports.
A visa applicant can apply for an Italy Tourist visa for Indians offline by visiting the Visa Application Centre of VFS Global. Make sure to apply for a visa at least 15 days before your scheduled departure to Italy. The procedure to apply for a tourist visa for Italy is given below:
- Visit the official website of VFS Global Italy
- Select the Embassy/ Consulate General where you want to apply for an Italy Tourist visa for Indians depending on your city of residence
- Go to the ‘Schedule an appointment’ option on the left
- Book an appointment with the VFS Visa Application Centre (VAC) online or by calling on the listed phone numbers
- Visit the VAC on the day of the appointment
- Submit your visa application and required documents
- Pay the visa fees
- Collect your passport from the VAC after the visa has been granted
People who visit the Visa Application Centre without any prior appointment can avail walk-in-service by paying Rs 2,650.
Documents Required for Italy Tourist Visa for Indians
All applicants of Italy Tourist visa for Indians have to submit certain documents in order to finish their visa application process. Take a look at the list of all the documents that an applicant needs to submit along with his Italy Tourist visa application at the time of applying:
- Applicant’s passport with at least 3 months of validity from the expected date of his tourist visa expiry. The passport should be issued in the last 10 years and should have a minimum of two blank pages
- One recent passport size photograph of the applicant
- Duly filled Italy visa application form
- Booking flight tickets for the return journey from Italy
- Proof of sufficient funds to afford the trip
- Medical travel insurance or international health insurance cover of at least 30,000 Euros that is valid across all Schengen countries
- Certificate of polio vaccination confirming that the applicant has been vaccinated between 4 weeks to 12 months before travelling to Italy (If the applicant has stayed in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Congo, Nigeria, Somalia, Kenya or Syria for than 4 weeks)
The document list varies slightly according to the applicant’s purpose of visiting Italy. Refer to the table given below to find out the additional documents that you need to submit with your application for Italy Tourist visa for Indians:
|Purpose of Visit to Italy||Documents Required|
|Tourism or Vacation||Proof of booking accommodation in ItalyEvidence to support the applicant’s status of employment|
|Business||Letter of Invitation from Italy-based companyApplicant’s trip itinerary including the addresses and contact numbers of the business associates in ItalyCertificate or licence from the relevant authority giving permission to the applicant to operate a business in Italy|
|Medical Treatment||Letter from the doctor in India stating the patient’s illness or conditionLetter from the Italy-based doctor or hospital stating the type of treatment to be given along with its estimated cost, duration and date of commencementLetter from the Italy-based doctor/ hospital confirming the receipt of 30% of the estimated treatment costAn authorization granted by the health ministry on humanitarian grounds (if any)Booking details of accommodation of the person accompanying the patient to Italy|
Italy Tourist Visa Fee
Every Italy Tourist visa application attracts a visa fee. All applicants are required to pay this amount towards visa fees at the time of applying for an Italy Tourist visa for Indians unless exempted. At present, children below the age of 6 years do not have to pay any visa fee to obtain their tourist visa for Italy. Family members of the European Union (EU)/ European Economic Area (EEA) citizens are also not required to pay any fee for obtaining their tourist visa.
The following table shows the visa fee amount that an applicant needs to pay when applying for an Italy Tourist visa for Indians:
|Types of Applicants||Visa Fee (In Euros)*|
|Applicants above 12 years of age||60|
|Children between 6 and 12 years||35|
*People applying through VFS Visa Application Centre will have to pay an additional amount of Rs 1,015 as outsourcer’s service fee.
Applicants applying at the VFS Global Visa Application Centre can pay the visa fees through cash, demand draft or through NEFT. However, people applying for the tourist visa directly at the Embassy of Italy can pay the visa fees via demand draft (DD) only. The DD should be drawn in the favour of ‘Italian Embassy’, payable at New Delhi.
How to Track Status of Italy Tourist Visa for Indians?
The Embassy of Italy takes around 15 working days to process and issue an Italy Tourist visa for Indians. Unless you receive your Tourist visa, you can keep a track on the status of your visa application online. Here is a rundown of the steps involved in checking the status of an Italy Tourist visa for Indians:
- Visit the official website of VFS Global Italy
- Choose the Italian Embassy/ Consulate where you had submitted your visa application
- Go to ‘Track your Application’ from the menu on the left
- Enter your reference number and your date of birth
- Submit the details
- You will be able to view the current status of your tourist visa application
Travel Insurance for Italy Tourist Visa for Indians
It is compulsory to possess a valid travel insurance policy to obtain a visa for the Schengen countries. Therefore, each applicant will have to buy medical travel insurance and international health insurance in order to get an Italy Tourist visa for Indians. A travel insurance policy ensures that you stay protected from any medical or financial emergencies with a potential to disrupt your trip to Italy. For instance, you get sick as soon as you arrive in Italy or lose your handbag with your passport? Such situations can be tackled effortlessly if you have a travel insurance policy with you.
Some of the most common coverage provided under travel insurance includes medical expenses, personal liability, personal accident, baggage insurance, trip delay, loss of passport, etc. Make sure to purchase travel insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros as it is a mandatory requirement to obtain an Italy Tourist visa for Indians.
How to Apply for Travel Insurance Online?
All those people who want to apply for a travel insurance policy online can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the insurance aggregator’s website or the official website of an insurance company
- Click on the option of buying an insurance policy
- Select the type of travel insurance that you want to buy
- Enter all the required details in the proposal form
- Pay the premium amount using internet banking, debit cards or credit cards
- Submit the form
- You will receive the insurance policy document
- Most Read
- Italy Work Visa
Date: 13 February 2020
- Schengen Visa Insurance - Here is All You Need to Know
Date: 30 January 2020
- Student Visa USA
Date: 14 January 2020
- UK Student Visa
Date: 10 January 2020
- Italy Tourist Visa
Date: 10 January 2020
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator