How to Check National Insurance Claim Status
National Insurance Company is one of the largest insurance providers in India. The company has total assets of worth Rs.8,867 Crore. It is majorly found in Nepal and India. National Insurance offers an extensive range of insurance products including vehicle insurance, fire insurance, health insurance, etc.
Most Popular National Insurance Products
Out of various general insurance products, two of the most popular National Insurance policies are:
A motor insurance policy offers financial support to the individuals when any loss or damage is made on their vehicle, owner of the vehicle, or third-party. In its comprehensive car insurance policy, the policyholder is also covered against any loss or damages he/she encounters due to a car accident but in third-party insurance, only a third-party is covered.
To meet an unforeseen medical expenditure, a health insurance policy comes a rescue. A health insurance plan offered by a National Insurance Company provides coverage for medical expenses, OPD costs, pre-existing medical ailments, expenses of pre- and post-hospitalization.
Steps to Check National Insurance Claim Status
For checking National Insurance claim status, you can select between two modes – online and offline.
Online Mode to Check National Insurance Claim Status
Follow the below mentioned steps to check the claim status of your National Insurance policy online:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the National Insurance Company.
- Step 2: On the left corner of the page, an icon for ‘Lodge a claim’ can be found easily. Click on this icon.
- Step 3: You will be navigated to a new page. Click the 'Track Claim Status' tab here.
- Step 4: Now click ‘Click Here to track your claim status’.
- Step 5: You will be redirected to a new page, wherein you have to provide your details such as policy number, customer id, claim number, etc.
- Step 6: After filling all the information, click ‘Submit’.
- Step 7: Now you can check the claim status of your policy.
Offline Mode to Check National Insurance Claim Status
As a policyholder of National Insurance you have the facility of checking the National Insurance claim status via offline mode as well. For the same, you have to visit in person to the a nearby branch office of the Company and make sure you have all the needed details for knowing the claim status.
These are some of the important points that you must know before filing a National Insurance claim:
- Read all the claims related terms and conditions carefully.
- Do not share the details like claim number, policy number, OTP, and customer id with anyone.
- Provide all the necessary documents at the time of filing the claim.
Summing it Up!
These aforementioned steps are some of the simplest ones for checking your National Insurance claim status. You can either select online mode or offline mode of checking the claim status.
National Insurance - FAQs
Ans: Most of the time, the claims settlement process takes seven days from the date of receiving the last document that is submitted to the National Insurance Company.
Ans: The policyholders can file their complaints or submit their feedbacks and queries by calling at customer care number of the company.
For tracking the details of your car (vehicle) insurance policy, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has introduced a different department in the year 2009 with the name of Insurance Information Burau of India (IIB). For getting the details of your insurance policy through IIB follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Visit IIB’s online portal.
- Step 2: Give the following information there:
- Your name (vehicle owner’s name)
- Vehicle owner’s address
- Registration number of the vehicle
- Mobile number and email id
- Place of accident
- Date of accident
- Step 3: Enter the captcha and click the button to submit.
Once you provide the correct aforementioned information, you will get to know your car insurance policy.
Before checking the number of your car insurance policy on IIB, you must know a few points:
- Your car insurance policy has to be two months old. If the policy is newer than this, then you may not be able to find its details on the IIB as it requires a minimum of two months to enter the policy related information in IIB's repository. However, for all the new vehicles or new policies, you may submit the number of chassis and engine numbers of your car.
- At the time of entering the registration number of the vehicle, you should not enter the special characters.
- For searching the information related to an insurance policy, you get only three attempts through particular email id or phone.
- Information related to the number of car insurance policies is accessible on the Insurance Information Bureau of India for the policies starting from 01st April 2010.
Using Offline Mode
If you are unable to check your car insurance policy through the IIB portal, then you can go to your concerned RTO (Regional Transport Office) and get the information from there.
Besides these two methods, you can as well visit the Vahan e-service portal and get to know the details of your car insurance policy like policy number from there.
Steps to Use Vahan e-service:
- Visit the Vahan e-service portal.
- There on the top navigation bar click the tab ‘Know your vehicle details’.
- Enter the verification code and registration number of your vehicle correctly.
- Click ‘Search Vehicle’ to see the information related to your car insurance plan.
Contact Your Car Insurance Provider:
You may as well contact your insurer like National Insurance Company for the details related to your car insurance policy. Most of the car insurance providers have 24X7 customer care, wherein you can contact and get the details of your policy like policy number.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 30 October 2020