Pay As You Go(Switch on/Switch Off) Model
The Switch On/Switch Off pay-as-you-go add-on cover, is designed for car owners who use their cars less frequently. By purchasing this add-on along with a comprehensive insurance plan, you can save up significantly on own damages premium in the form of a refund on the premium.
Moreover, you can also turn the OD cover ON when you are driving or switch it OFF when you are not using your car through the app as per your preferences.
Moreover, for every continuous 24-hour period your OD cover is OFF, you will earn 1 bonus day.
Here is a table stating the discount you can receive on your OD premium based on the days the cover is off:
|Reward Days||Discount on OD Premium|
|121 and above||40%|
Features of Pay As You Drive Plan
The Pay as you drive car insurance plan is beneficial and convenient for drivers who do not drive regularly as it can help them save up on their motor insurance premium. Take a look at some of the most interesting features of pay as you drive car insurance:
- The Pay as you drive is a cover that offers discount depending on the car usage as per the total kilometres covered which is less than 15,000 kms.
- The benefits of this plan can only be availed if the policyholder uploads a video of their car before their current motor insurance policy expires.
- A policyholder can save upto 10% on own damage car insurance premium.
- This plan is beneficial for policyholders who are occasional driver or have more than one car some of which are not used more frequently.
How Does Pay As You Drive Insurance Work?
The Pay as You Go insurance cover functions slightly different than a regular car insurance policy. Take a look at how pay as you drive motor insurance plan works:
- Declare Car Usage: First, you need to declare the car usage for the policy period of one year based on the total number of kilometres that your car will cover. The number of kilometres is fixed at 15,000 km per year. That means if you have driven for less than 15,000 km/year, you are eligibile for this plan.
- Odometer Reading: You will be required to declare the odometer reading of your car by uploading a video before the policy expires to avail the benefits of this plan.
- No Telematics: This plan is currently based on the declaration of the customer and no telematics device will be installed in the insured car.
- Premium: Once you are eligible for this plan, you can receive upto 10% discount on your own damage insurance premium.
- Claim Process: If the claim is within the specified limit that is 15,000 kms, the claim will be settled as normal. However if it exceeds this limit, the policyholder may be asked to pay a certain amount as co-payment at the time of claim.
Who Should Buy Pay As You Drive Insurance?
Car usage varies for different kinds of people. Some may use them daily, while others may not use it as much. Taking cognizance of varying car usage behaviour of car owners, the pay as you drive car insurance has been designed for the following kind of people:
- It is ideal for car owners who drive their vehicles very less such as seasonal drivers
- This type of plan is perfect for people who own multiple cars and do not use all the cars in equal measures.
- This plan is tailor-made for people who mostly commute through public transport and rarely use their personal car.
- The pay as you drive cover is suitable for people who are often required to travel out of the station and are unable to use their car a lot.
How to Buy Pay as You Drive Insurance?
Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited has collaborated with Digit General Insurance Company to offer a Digit Pay As You Drive plan to policyholders.
Under this plan, Digit will offer an extra discount on the Own Damage (OD) premium if the customer drives less than 15,000 Kms per year. Follow these steps to purchase a Digit Pay As You Drive plan from Policybazaar.com:
- Visit the ‘Car Insurance’ page from the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown
- Enter your car number in the given form and proceed with car insurance quotes
- Select your car details such as model, variant, RTO, registration year, etc.
- Fill in the given form with your name, email and mobile number
- Select the policy expiry date and claim details of the previous policy
- From the given plan, navigate to the Digit car insurance plan, here you will be able to find the details of Pay as you drive plan offered by them
- To avail this plan, you will be required to upload 7 photos of your car on Policybazaar app
- To upload the photos, log-in to the Policybazaar app from the same registered mobile number and follow the simple step-by-step instructions to click 7 photos of your car
- Once you have uploaded the photos, you will be eligible for a discount on your premium
- Pay the discounted premium amount via desired payment mode
- Once you have paid the premium, your Digit Pay as You Drive insurance plan will be issued.
You might be interested in
What happens if the Declared Car Usage Limit is exhausted?
In case your car usage limit of 15,000 kms gets exhausted, you will not be charged extra. You can still avail the benefit of your existing comprehensive car insurance policy. However, during the time of claim settlement, the insurer may ask you to pay some amount as co-payment.
Moreover, if your vehicle insurance policy expires and you have covered the required kilometres, you will not be eligible for a discount on premium on your renewal policy. Thus, in order to avail this plan, you must upload photos of your car before the expiry of your policy.
Ans: If you are purchasing a pay as you drive insurance policy from Policybazaar.com, you will only need your car details to buy the same. You will need to upload some photos of your car as specified in the app and you are good to go.
Ans: You can raise a claim under pay as you drive car insurance policy till the time you have not exhausted the pre-decided kilometres limit. Once you have exhausted the limit, you may be asked to make a co-payment by the insurer.
Ans: No, you will not be required to install telematics device in your car if you purchase a Digit Pay as you drive plan from Policybazaar.com. All you need is to upload photos of your car on Policybazaar app to avail the required discount.
Explore add-ons for your car insurance
Car Insurance for Popular Brands in India
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Car insurance articles
05 Dec 2023Investing in a hatchback can be a great option if you are looking
29 Nov 2023Considering the population of rats in our country, it is common to
29 Sep 2023The concept of Own Damage(OD) is not a new one. For those of us
29 Sep 2023Filing a motor insurance claim can be a complex process, and
29 Sep 2023To continue receiving coverage benefits, it's necessary to renew