Doctor’s indemnity insurance is a specifically designed policy for Doctors. PI for Doctors offers protection against liabilities that may arise from errors or omissions committed while providing services to their clients. This policy is available for medical practitioners, including surgeons, physicians, pathologists, cardiologists, etc. Doctors can rest assured that they have the coverage they need to protect themselves from unexpected claims and potential litigation.Read more
Get right expert advice
Hassle free policy
Quick & Hassle free
Medical indemnity insurance for doctors provide coverage for the following perils:
Professional Indemnity Insurance for doctors does not provide coverage for the following perils:
As per the recent survey conducted by National Law University, Bengaluru, there has been an escalating rise of 400% in cases associated with medical negligence filed in consumer court.
Even though, 10-15% of cases are genuine the rest 85% of cases are left to defend for themselves. Thus, the need to be legally and financially insured is gaining popularity to protect doctors against any type of legal claim.
The sum assured offered by the medical indemnity for Doctors is referred to as a limit of indemnity and is defined as per policy period and accident. It is called Any One Accident limit (AOA) and Any One Year limit (AOY).
The insured person needs to choose the ratio of AOA and AOY while purchasing the policy and based on that the coverage is offered against the legal claim for each accident or incident of negligence.
|Preferred category||Referred category||Declined category|
|Zero Claim History||Degrees - MBBS, BPT, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, MD, MPT MDS, MS or higher||
Cosmetic Surgeons (Lifestyle related)
|Doctors with a Claim History||As per the opted limit|
Follow the steps below to raise the claim under Indemnity Insurance:
When it comes to professional indemnity insurance for doctors, the policy pays the agreed-upon sum assured amount for a specific cover. It's important to note that any expenses beyond that limit will be the responsibility of the medical practitioner. The cover offered to the practitioner is determined based on various factors, such as the level of risk associated with their practice and the likelihood of situations that could result in a lawsuit.
Our certified business insurance experts are just a call away.
Your call has been scheduled successfully.