- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 10/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
How to Pay SBI General Insurance Premium Online?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1456 -
Updated date : 06 April 2020
Life comes with a lot of risks and to manage those risks; it is really important to have an insurance policy. SBI General Insurance Company offers a plethora of plans like Motor, Health, Personal Accident, Travel, Home Insurance, Aviation, Fire, Marine, Package, Construction & Engineering, and Liability Insurance, etc.
Established in 2010, SBI General Life Insurance is a joint venture between State Bank of India and Insurance Australia Group (IAG). It offers a wide range of policies at affordable prices so that every individual leads a secured and peaceful life.
Their sole purpose is to provide simple general insurance solutions along with a quick response to their customers' requirements and build a fruitful business relationship for the future.
SBI General Insurance Plans
SBI General Insurance Company has different types of general insurance plans, which promises to provide financial protection to the policyholder as well as the family from difficult situations. These are as follows:
No one knows where life is going to take you in the future. You might be enjoying a healthy life today, but after a few years, you may find yourself suffering from an unexpected medical condition. This not only leads to mental tensions but also adds up to your expenses.
Therefore, to cover up the expenses of medical treatment, you need a health insurance policy for yourself as well as for your family. SBI General Insurance offers health coverage from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 500,000. It also offers to cover pre and post hospitalization expenses 30 days before and 60 days after hospitalization, respectively. It also includes a critical illness plan, which provides coverage against 13 specified critical medical problems.
According to the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, any vehicle running on Indian roads requires third-party liability coverage. SBI General provides car and two-wheeler insurance policies that offer coverage for any loss or damage to the vehicle. It also helps in settling down any legal issues that might crop up due to any involvement of your vehicle. Private car insurance protects your vehicle against damages caused due to natural or human-made calamities.
In the case of two-wheelers, Motor insurance provides a cover against fire, explosion, damage due to accident, burglary, theft, riot, malicious act, and terrorist activity. It also offers an accidental cover of Rs 1 lakh for vehicle owners with a legal driving license.
For people who travel a lot for work purposes, having travel insurance is of utmost importance. It offers coverage against unknown risks that you may face while traveling abroad, such as losing your passport, luggage, etc. The SBI General Travel Insurance provides medical cover for up to 0.5 million dollars. It promises worldwide protection along with 24x7 emergency assistance. If you are traveling with your family, you can opt for comprehensive coverage.
Home is a priceless possession where you spend happy and sad times together with your family. Your whole world turns upside down if something happens to it. That’s why it is really important to have a home insurance policy.
SBI General Insurance offers two types of plans:
- Simple Home Insurance- This insurance plan helps in covering any loss or damage caused to the residential houses due to fire or other incidents like theft, accidental damage, or destruction. It gives you the option to select a combination of covers that suits your interests.
- Long Term Home Insurance-While Simple Home Insurance gives you the policy term of only three years, on the contrary, you can get your house insured for thirty-years in Long Term Insurance Policy. It has in-built earthquake coverage too.
The amount of premium to be paid will depend upon the location and period of the Insurance Policy in both the plans.
Anyone can fall victim to unpleasant incidents like accidents that can turn around the entire life of the person involved, along with his or her family. So it would be great if you safeguard yourself with a personal accident insurance policy.
SBI General's accident insurance policy provides cover against loss of life and disabilities caused due to an accident. The company has a plan for everyone ranging from a self-employed person, salaried individual, or business class people.
The add-on benefits include Hospital confinement allowance, Ambulance charges, including air ambulance among others.
SBI General Insurance offers a wide range of plans catering to the people and businesses associated with rural areas of the country. These include:
- Agriculture Pumpset Insurance Policy
- Cattle Insurance Policy
- Micro Insurance Policy
- Sheep and Goat Insurance Policy
Under the government’s Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna, SBI General Insurance helps in providing financial help to farmers in case of crop loss or damage caused by unexpected events like natural fire and lightning, hailstorm, cyclone, storm, hurricane, typhoon, tornado, flood, inundation and landslide, drought or dry spell, pest attacks, etc.
It also helps in stabilizing the income of farmers so that they continue farming.
It motivates farmers to use innovative and modern agricultural techniques.
It also ensures a smooth flow of credit into the agricultural sector that will help in food security, crop diversification, and improving the growth and competitiveness of the agriculture sector along with protecting farmers from the risks that might crop up during the production period.
Online Premium Payment process of SBI General Insurance
You can get instant quotes on various insurance plans like motor, travel, and health insurance online by just visiting SBI’s official website. After following certain steps, you can pay the insurance premium online.
For a wish to buy an insurance policy for your new car, just log on to SBI General Insurance’s official website, fill up the details like car model variant, registration city, etc.
Click on IDV and make payment.
The online premium payment process is the same for all the products.
How to Renew the Policy
Follow the below-mentioned steps to renew your insurance policy:
- Go on to the official website of SBI General Insurance.
- You will see an option of ‘RENEW YOUR POLICY’ on the Home Page.
- As you click on it, you will be directed to a new page, where you have to select the policy.
- You will be asked to enter your name, policy number along with expiry date.
Click on ‘Get Quote’ and you will be able to make online payment through different payment modes.
What are the Advantages of SBI General Insurance Plans
- You are likely to get a no claim bonus in case of motor insurance that eventually lowers the amount of premium.
- SBI General Insurance offers diverse coverage plan options.
- You can avail of the benefits of add-on covers.
- SBI General Insurance gives you a free look period where you can reassess the terms and conditions of the policy and return the same if it is unacceptable.
- SBI General Insurance promises to provide you worldwide protection and 24x7 assistance.
- Ethics - SBI General Insurance follows certain values and ethics, which has helped the company in building a long-standing and trustworthy relationship with its clients.
- Maintaining Transparency - The Company maintains complete transparency when it comes to dealing with the clients.
- Compassion- The company is extremely supportive and compassionate towards their clients’ needs and helps them stand strong in case of emergencies.
- Swiftness- The company promises to react quickly and positively to their business partners.
- Motivation- The company is always motivated to do whatever they can for their customers.
- Service- We provide the highest levels of service with dedication and consistency.
SBI General Insurance has a dedicated team looking after the claim management process. They promise to provide customers with a simple, fair, quick, and transparent process for settlement of your claim. The company promises to pay a valid claim on time.
Why Choose SBI General Insurance
- SBI General Insurance promises to provide quick and complete assistance to its customers during emergencies.
- It offers to relieve their customers from claim settlement stress by maintaining coordination between replacement and repair of your possessions.
- SBI General Insurance promises to keep its customers updated about the claim process regularly.
- SBI General Insurance gives the freedom to its customers to get in touch with its preferred provider of local service as per their demands.
- The team at SBI General Insurance is experienced enough to make quick decisions and processing claims quickly and efficiently.
- SBI General Insurance is focussed on dealing fairly and reasonably with their clients.
- SBI General Insurance ensures that all its procedures are simple and documents are clear. They also make sure that all their customers get comprehensive information regarding their policies and plans.
- SBI General Insurance promises to give regular renewal reminders to its customers.
- SBI General Insurance promises to settle all the claims on time.
- SBI Insurance is committed to compassionately rectifying any wrongdoing and resolve any client’s complaints quickly.
- SBI General Insurance promises not to share any personal information of customers.
Summing It Up
The best part about SBI General Insurance is that they try to customize their insurance plans according to the requirements of the customers thus giving them a higher sense of security.
- Most Read
- Are You Buying General Insurance for the First Time? Check Out This Guide
Date: 15 June 2020
- Why do Customers Prefer to Buy General Insurance Policies Online?
Date: 21 May 2020
- New-Age General Insurance Drives the Sphere of Transformation in India
Date: 21 May 2020
- Impact of Coronavirus on Life and Health Insurance Sector
Date: 20 May 2020
- Importance of General Insurance Amidst COVID-19
Date: 07 April 2020
- National Insurance Policy Renewal and Online Payment Process
Views : 36806
- How to Download Tata AIG Policy?
Views : 20040
- Top General Insurance Companies with Best Claim Settlement Rate
Views : 11084
- 7 Common Questions and Answers about General Insurance
Views : 10281
- How to Check New India Assurance Company Claim Status?
Views : 9834
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator