- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
IRDA Norms for Brokers are to Change Soon
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 439 -
Modified 05 February 2018
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) of India is all set to update its regulations for insurance brokers, keeping an eye on the steadily increasing demand for insurance broker license across the Industry. At present, there are 428 insurance brokers in India.
This growing demand for broker license across the insurance industry is because of the increasing adoption of technology-driven approach and digitization of the whole process, which essentially is for the consumers.
IRDA has already sent a copy of the new broker regulations and the Gazette notification will be out very soon, and of course, with the required changes implemented. The changes are to help governing the brokers as well as to maximize the number of insurance holders.
“Digital push is required. Lead the industry with cutting-edge technology, develop apps and reach out to more customers,” said IRDA Chairman. Insurance brokers are advised to make claim settlement even more transparent through the technology-driven approach. At the same time, insurance penetration across India needs to be improved. Currently, it is below 4% for Life Insurance and General Insurance is even lesser.
- Most Read
- Let’s Face It, Policy Evaluation is Important!
Date: 13 November 2018
- 10 Questions to Ask while Buying Insurance
Date: 12 November 2018
- Tips to Buy a New Insurance Policy from Bajaj Allianz
Date: 30 October 2018
- 4 Tips for Saving Money While Renewing Bajaj Allianz Insurance Policy
Date: 29 October 2018
- National Insurance Company - A Quick Overview
Date: 26 October 2018
- 10 Key Income Tax Rule Changes that will be Effective from 1st April 2018
Views : 1389
- IRDAI to Give New Licenses to More Players in General Insurance
Views : 1339
- Govt to Merge 3 General Insurance Companies
Views : 952
- A Comprehensive Guide to Insurance - Life and General
Views : 917
- Adhaar Card Linking to Insurance Policy: The Road Ahead
Views : 814