- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
IRDA Norms for Brokers are to Change Soon
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1173 -
Updated date : 05 February 2018
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) of India is all set to update its regulations for insurance brokers, keeping an eye on the steadily increasing demand for insurance broker license across the Industry. At present, there are 428 insurance brokers in India.
This growing demand for broker license across the insurance industry is because of the increasing adoption of technology-driven approach and digitization of the whole process, which essentially is for the consumers.
IRDA has already sent a copy of the new broker regulations and the Gazette notification will be out very soon, and of course, with the required changes implemented. The changes are to help governing the brokers as well as to maximize the number of insurance holders.
“Digital push is required. Lead the industry with cutting-edge technology, develop apps and reach out to more customers,” said IRDA Chairman. Insurance brokers are advised to make claim settlement even more transparent through the technology-driven approach. At the same time, insurance penetration across India needs to be improved. Currently, it is below 4% for Life Insurance and General Insurance is even lesser.
- Most Read
- How to Pay TATA AIG General Insurance Premium Online?
Date: 14 November 2019
- How to Pay Shriram General Insurance Premium Online?
Date: 13 November 2019
- How to Check United India General Insurance Claim Status?
Date: 07 November 2019
- How to Check Tata AIG General Insurance Claim Status?
Date: 06 November 2019
- How to Pay Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Premium Online
Date: 01 November 2019
- National Insurance Policy Renewal and Online Payment Process
Views : 6456
- How to Download Tata AIG Policy?
Views : 6195
- 7 Common Questions and Answers about General Insurance
Views : 5780
- Govt to Merge 3 General Insurance Companies
Views : 3530
- 10 Key Income Tax Rule Changes that will be Effective from 1st April 2018
Views : 2842
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator